The Consultants registrar.. :-S

tink30

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Ive got myself in a panic.. basically i have a bicornuate uterus (my womb splits into 2 parts) and im also diabetic.. Because of this being high risk they wanted my son delivered c-section. He was also breech..

Now im on my 2nd the consultant said c-section would be the safer option (and im happy and prepared for this)

I had a scan to check things last week and saw my consultants new registrar for the 1st time (sorry if ive spelt that wrong lol).. and she was a complete cow bag.. and at the end said i should really consider V Birth.. wtf?? I mentioned the uterus and she looked a lil shocked (she hadnt read that it my notes properly).. SO i said wouldnt that be unsafe? and she said others have gone thru it.. u should take a re-think.

Shes really stressed me out!! i want my original consultant to make this decision not her? can she have a say in this matter?:shrug::wacko::nope:

I wouldn't consider it with your issues personally. Why put yourself at risk just because she has a huge ego and is up her own backside!

I wouldn't consider it with your issues personally. Why put yourself at risk just because she has a huge ego and is up her own backside!

she really had no manners at all.. do i have a say in this? im dreading seeing her again.. i love my actual consultant (hes a man).. i hope she doesnt put these thoughts in his head..

No if there is a medical need you have a right to decide. I'm giving twins both breach, so will be delivered by section as no one would usually attempt to deliver two babies breach. But, its still my decision, if I wanted to they couldn't stop me, they can advise me and even make me sign to say I understand the risk, but they can't make me.

I'm going with the safest route for my babies even though I would prefer a vaginal. However the opposite way works for you, if there is medical need and a section is safer then you can have that and they can't do anything about it. If there was no medical need they can, but in your case it sounds like the safest option.

Maybe she was just letting you know you do have a choice, final decisions are usually made at 36 weeks.

No if there is a medical need you have a right to decide. I'm giving twins both breach, so will be delivered by section as no one would usually attempt to deliver two babies breach. But, its still my decision, if I wanted to they couldn't stop me, they can advise me and even make me sign to say I understand the risk, but they can't make me.

I'm going with the safest route for my babies even though I would prefer a vaginal. However the opposite way works for you, if there is medical need and a section is safer then you can have that and they can't do anything about it. If there was no medical need they can, but in your case it sounds like the safest option.

Maybe she was just letting you know you do have a choice, final decisions are usually made at 36 weeks.

Thanks hun xx ut was worrying that she was going against my consultants advice really.. and i want to be prepared for either properly that have it sprung on me at the last min.. i asked would i be having c-section early because of being diabetic and she said yes.. so was a bit confused.. maybe she meant if i was to labour before the planned date..

I think usually the registrar needs to consult with the consultant first before they make a decision. Plus they should make the decision with you and whatever you are happy with. Don't let them force you into anything your not happy with.

I think usually the registrar needs to consult with the consultant first before they make a decision. Plus they should make the decision with you and whatever you are happy with. Don't let them force you into anything your not happy with.

Thank you, thats good to know xx if he does think v birth is ok.. then i kind of want to know now so i cant mentally get my head around this.. it will terrify me nearer the time if they bring this out last min.. the way she sounded tho just sounded mean.. so think she was trying to stress me out.. x

I reckon she didn't back down because she didn't want to admit she hadn't read your notes! I am sure your consultant will never agree to this, such a silly thing she has done worrying you like this. Def mention it to your consultant tho when you see him, he should know how rubbish she is! x

I reckon she didn't back down because she didn't want to admit she hadn't read your notes! I am sure your consultant will never agree to this, such a silly thing she has done worrying you like this. Def mention it to your consultant tho when you see him, he should know how rubbish she is! x

Thanks miss duke xx i agree she looked a bot miffed when i mentioned my womb condition and fobbed me off with 'it has been done''

i reckon she didn't back down because she didn't want to admit she hadn't read your notes! I am sure your consultant will never agree to this, such a silly thing she has done worrying you like this. Def mention it to your consultant tho when you see him, he should know how rubbish she is! X

^wss :)

i reckon she didn't back down because she didn't want to admit she hadn't read your notes! I am sure your consultant will never agree to this, such a silly thing she has done worrying you like this. Def mention it to your consultant tho when you see him, he should know how rubbish she is! X

eh?lol

Hi I'm gate crashing from baby club, I've got a bi cornuate uterus and was told I'd need a c section but bubs turned from breech at last minuate so they forced me to have a vaginal delivery. All I can say is fight for that c section, I wasn't comfortable with how they made me deliver and wish I'd of been firmer even after all the arguments with consultants. My labour was horrific, of course yours may not be but I just mean had I of gone with my gut feeling to save myself a lot of pain and complications. Hope that they listen to you and that it all goes well xx

Hi I'm gate crashing from baby club, I've got a bi cornuate uterus and was told I'd need a c section but bubs turned from breech at last minuate so they forced me to have a vaginal delivery. All I can say is fight for that c section, I wasn't comfortable with how they made me deliver and wish I'd of been firmer even after all the arguments with consultants. My labour was horrific, of course yours may not be but I just mean had I of gone with my gut feeling to save myself a lot of pain and complications. Hope that they listen to you and that it all goes well xx

Oh gosh thats terrible :-/ was everything ok? is your womb ok etc? i hope u havent had any lasting complictions xxx i will be firm :hugs:

eh?lol

Lol, means 'what she said'. Basically, I agree :D

ahhh i see hehe.. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583