The cute things your OH has said that made you smile...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by BattyNora, Jun 1, 2011.

1. BattyNora

BattyNora Third trimester with 1st

So pregnancy isn't really most men's chosen subject on mastermind, and there are probably going to be assumptions made or a few mix-ups but I had to share something my OH said last night because I genuinely think it is the sweetest thing I've ever heard...and was wondering if any of you ladies have had anything similar.

My belly button has been getting shallower each day, but last night it had gone quite hollow again...and this conversation came about.

Me; oh, look, my belly buttons sucked back in.
    OH: that's because she's pulling on the umbilical cord!
    Me: Pardon? It's not attached to my belly button.
    OH: Yes it is! It goes from yours to hers, that's how you give her all the good stuff she needs.
    Me: Uhhhh...
    OH: I saw it on a tv programme about whales...

2. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

Aw that is so cute! :D Men really don't know much about how pregnancy works do they. Or the female body for that matter at times too. My ex was gobsmacked when I explained women have three openings down there (holes seems a bit, um...). That made me chuckle. He thought there were two.

3. purapura

purapura Well-Known Member

Aww that is cute!
    My habby think that the baby is pulling the cord if he is hungry...
    But I just love the way hubby comunicate with our LO... It sound like this:
    "Liam, this is daddy speaking! What are you doing?..." it sounds a bit like a conversation through an old phone...

4. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

my oh was too he thought that when we pee it comes through the same hole we have sex and give birth through bless him :-/
    its soooo funny when he talks to my belly sooo cute but so funny lol he was sat last nite going alexa this is daddy and its time to come out and play now lol he was pressing my belly button then saying to my belly see ive pressed the button now that means you have my approval to come out lol bless him:dohh:

5. Lawhra

Lawhra NowProudMumOfTwo!!

How cute are your OH's! They sound very entertaining.

leahsbabybump - That is exactly what my ex thought too. He he.

6. Lettuce

Lettuce Getting better at this...

Ha! I love how they have to "introduce" themselves to baby! Mine says "hello, this is your daddy speaking, wouldn't you like to come out now? I want to see what you look like!"
    It's not always daddies that are a bit daft! My SIL said to me the other day "I'll be an aunt or an uncle soon!" ummm, no, you'll always be an aunt, but you will know if it's a niece or nephew... :haha: oh dear. Xx

7. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

:haha::haha::haha:

8. Siobhan14

Siobhan14 Well-Known Member

lol, that really made me laugh!

I brought home a nursing bra the other day and showed it to my husband, who asked, "Oh, is that for milking?" Thanks hun, I'm feeling large enough already without being lumped in with livestock! I think he's clear now that the proper term is nursing!

9. cyanidepill

cyanidepill Well-Known Member

For me, it has to be my hubbys fear of Haribo.....lol

You know the advert, with the little Diva who storms in shouting 'Sign the feshion!'.......well my hubby has convinced himself that our daughter (if she takes after me) will turn into that girl on the advert......so he's banned haribo from the house.

...he would like to think he has actually banned it but it was on offer in asda the other week and i had to buy it just to freak him out haha! xx

10. CMarie

CMarie Guest

This is so cute! My hubby prays with our little guy every night before bed :cloud9: He'll hover over my belly and start saying "Gryffen, this is your daddy. Mommy and I love you so much..." and then he'll start praying. It's so precious!

11. morag99

morag99 Well-Known Member

Aww some of these things are so sweet and funny, actually it is good to know that I am not alone in having a OH that has no clue about pregnancy and babies... Last night, we were discussing what will happen when I go in to have my section..I talked him through it etc and then the conversation went:
    him: "So how long will you have to stay in for?"
    me: "Two nights, but as its on a Friday, they may possibly keep me until the Monday"
    him: "Ok, so after they get you back up onto the ward, do I take the baby home then and leave you there?"

I looked at him like he was mad! haha! The poor thing thought it was just me who stayed and he was going to have to bring the baby home and look after it until I came home! He must have been so worried because he has never even held a newborn, nevermind changed a nappy or anything else!!! :D:D

12. leahsbabybump

leahsbabybump Mummy to 3

bless him :blush:

13. Hunkdorey

Hunkdorey Well-Known Member

OT- but when I was younger, I thought that you had a cord inside you that ran from your belly button to your bum!! My granny used to tell me not to play with my belly button as my mum would fall off!!!! Still to this day queazy about touching, or having anyone else, touch my belly button. (I don't believe it anymore though, lol)

14. smithgirl

smithgirl Well-Known Member

These are ALL so cute! I laughed out loud at a few of them-especially the milking one!

15. mommyof2peas

mommyof2peas Well-Known Member

My Dh will rub my belly and say "Thank you for holding that for me" :)
    also" Amelia, you be nice to your mommy! Be a good girl"

16. lushlush

lushlush Well-Known Member

this isn't about a husband and slightly OT, but a (male) colleague was telling me about his 'friend' whose wife had a caesarian. He went on to say that they took her intestines out, then took the baby out then put the intestines back in!!

I said that was the most ridiculous thing that I had ever heard and that they don't go near the intestines - he made me laugh though...

17. Brieanna

Brieanna Well-Known Member

Oh wow, we have some funny and cute OH's don't we!

I have 2 freckles on my tummy and on time he was talking to my bump and was asking about my linea nigra and he ran his finger down it and then touched the freckles and coincidentally the baby kicked so now whenever he wants to see the baby move he thinks he needs to run his finger down the line and then poke both the freckles. It's very cute!

Before bed he reads baby books to my belly (which I think is really neat) but he also shows my belly the pictures... :)

18. tardiz

tardiz mum of 1 :)

Lol my hubby calls it milking too and makes mooing noises when we talk about/ look at breast pumps :) I find it kinda sweet x

19. londonangel

londonangel Well-Known Member

Hahaha, I love that. I particularly like that he saw it 'on a tv programme about whales'. Hee hee, yep, 'cos people and whales are just the same ;-) It is very sweet!

20. mtemptress

mtemptress Well-Known Member

awwww my hubby the same he talks to baby crispy we on team yellow so not sure what it is yet!! he says dont you be hurting mummy (i have spd ) and also kisses it and blows raspberrys on my bump sometimes too lol ,, he just too cute sometimes but sometimes doesnt seem to care but think it just my hormones thinking that lol