The danger of digis

3boys

Reaction score
I did a cb digital at 12 dpo and got 1-2 did another at 16dpo and got 2-3. Had lots of cramps and decided to take another digital for reassurance and got 1-2 I was sure I was miscarrying again. Everywhere I looked online women who dropped weeks on digis went on to mc. Took another test and it went back up to 2-3 but I was 5 wks and expected a 3+ went to doctors and had repeat betas done and everything looks fine. I'm just writing this incase it happens to someone else and they'll know it can work out ok.

That's really reassuring for ladies who have had confusing digi tests xx

So glad you've been reassured by docs xx

Thank you! Very reassuring. Hate those tests. I'm driving myself nuts. Today is the last day of testing (w digis and frer) and temping. It's just too unsettling. Sorry if I seem crazy! First pregnancy...

It happened to me btw then I realized I just drank 2 liters of water and then tested so I guess my urine was diluted. It went back up to 2-3 weeks. Thank you so much for your post. Fx for sticky beans and a happy and healthy 9 mo!

Maltesmom first tri is such a stressful time. Probably a really good idea to stop testing. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months x

I should have had a 3+ too when I did a cb digital, but got a 1-2. Yet my FRER was at the darkest yet, so I didn't believe it either. I really don't think that women should take those digitals so seriously. We also should take that our lines aren't getting as dark as the next person either, or compare it to a previous pg. The only true way to tell is getting Beta's like you did 3Boys. Thank you for posting this!!

I once heard that a midwife said she wishes she could ban them! I used them at about 5 and half weeks and got a 2-3. So obviously I worried!! If they were 100% and worked so accurately the NHS would save tons on early bloods!

I think they should be used for fun rather than determining hcg levels but that's impossible isn't it when we naturally look for reassurance in places.

I got my 3+ this week and I vow never to take another test be it digi or cheapie! They are too worrying. I have made sure there are non in my house!

It's interesting to know, when I got my second 2-3 and worried, I posted on here. A lovely woman replied and explained how they work. I cracked the tests open and compared both strips in there.

The top strip has 1 line, the bottom has 2. When all 3 lines are the same darkness you'll get a 3+. When the top line is the same colour as the bottom line opposite it, yet the line next to it is lighter, you'll get a 2-3. I compared both tests and the lines on the second test were actually progressing and had gotten darker, so there was progression.. just doesn't show that on the digi screen!

I pulled them apart and compared lines and they didn't seem to be getting darker. It was torture.

Thank you for this post :)

I was so bad for the first 2 weeks at testing over and over again. In the end I had to ban myself because I was just driving myself crazy, or rather crazier.

x

First 2 strips. 1-2 weeks

Middle 2 strips. 2-3 weeks

Bottom 2 strips. 2-3 weeks

Clear progression when cracked open!

Not every woman will have lines that progress or HCG that create dark lines on tests. Digis are the worst thing for progression... any tests are to be honest apart from blood tests!

Thank you for the post. I googled this myself when it didn't progress my weeks. Scary!

Attachments

• 2015-02-06 17.59.33.jpg
    2015-02-06 17.59.33.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 13
This is my 4th pregnancy. On DS2 (My second pregnancy) I had a little spotting at just over 5 weeks. I had done clear blue digitals and had progressed from 2-3 to 3+. In my panic I used my last clear blue to reassure myself and ended up with 2-3 again. I was so upset. Next morning my poor husband had to go on a wild goose chase to track down more clear blue tests. I tested again and result was back to 3+.
My spotting was caused by bladder infection and baby was perfectly healthy and currently a crazy 4 year old!

the EPAU told me last year that they should be banned.. they cause so much upset and not to buy them ever again... so I just bought a boots digital that said pregnant or not pregnant.. and I had a very dark line same as other line 15dpo on a superdrug .. I stopped testing that day... it's saved my sanity.

I have to make a confession: I am still testing with frers every morning and temping. It's totally compulsive..I can't stop. I over analyze the strength of the line and compare it to the previous day. Totally nutty. I am so nervous (I've never been pregnant before) and it seems like danger is lurking everywhere. How do you guys manage your stress? Any advice for a newbie (besides throw out the tests and thermometer?) ����

Also does anyone else wish they can step in a time machine and move forward to the 12 week mark?

I have had 7 early losses in 18 months... when I was on that 5th 6th 7th I was constantly testing and stressing myself out... I managed to find a fulltime job and took my mind off ttc etc.. I then felt strange..took a test and a faint line.. as my test progressed better than my other ones and the 15dpo was as dark as the other line and it hadnt done that before I felt that was enough to stop testing and to just enjoy being pregnant whilst I was... im now working 8am till 4.30pm daily so no googling symptoms and I just pop on here to chat... I think Mr google can cause far too much stress... so can constant testing.. stress is not good in pregnancy.. I learnt that no matter what..we cant stop what mother nature intends so just enjoy being pregnant whilst you are.. and most of us will get to that 9 months with our crying baby :)

I don't know how I find the time with a full time job lol. It's prob because I am afraid to work out (I was an avid gym rat) so now I have free time which used to be gym time. I need a hobby lol!

That said the ladies on here have been my sanity! Thank you for what you posted. If Mother Nature intends something, it will be.

Thank you for your post and fx for a happy and healthy nine months!!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->