The Day My World Changed

Emsabub

Reaction score
My gorgeous girl was born at 11:32am, 9th September 2016. I was 11 days overdue and very fed up.

I was due to be induced two days later the day my contractions started. They were on and off irregularly, not extremely painful, all day. In the evening of the 8th September, me and my OH went for a walk. I wanted to see if these would continue and after a while, they did. I stayed with him and timed them to every 5-8 mins lasting around 40 seconds to one minute. Eventually I went home and they just.
Got.
Worse.

I was using a hot water bottle, rocking myself off my radiator, nothing was working. I couldn't sleep. I got on my ball but it made them worse. At 2am on September 9th, I rang Worcester triage and said I was having contractions, they told me to ring back if I needed pain relief. At 5am, I rang back thinking I was being a wuss and needed something. I always thought the pains should have felt stronger but I'd spent my whole pregnancy trying to imagine they'd be horrific anyway! Must have worked. We went in and they said they'd give me something for the pain, got there around 6 and was put into an exam room. Ava was monitored, my contractions were monitored. Then all of a sudden, I was sick 3 times. A few minutes after that I noticed my bloody show had come away. Another few minutes after that, I was examined and told to be 8cm dilated! That was a shock!
I walked straight down to delivery suite hoping it wouldn't be long from there, but because I needed antibiotics for GBS, everything was a little more dragged out. I survived on gas and air and got into the pool. It was a couple more hours-ish before she was actually born because they needed to make sure the AB were in long enough but I felt her right there and my own body trying to push for quite a while. It was horrible. I was pushing for about 15-20 mins at most and eventually she was born. 7lb 8oz of perfection!

I had to have stitches after which actually hurt MORE than the birth I'd say at times!! Not sure how many I had but I was quite a lot as I tore in places most first time mums don't usually tear apparently. The place they DO usually tear, I was absolutely fine! Typical. My poor OH had his hand squashed more during that than the actual birth.. But I was more concerned about getting my G&A. Didn't make me feel sick either which was a bonus!

I'm so excited she's finally here though & now I can enjoy every moment :)

I've inly just come back to this thread - thank you ladies! Can't believe my baby is 5 weeks old this Friday! 😢

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->