The doctor keeps calling!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by shaunanicole, Apr 27, 2009.

1. shaunanicole

shaunanicole Guest

Last week on Wednesday my OB called my mom and told her he really wanted me to come in for an appointment and wanted to start scheduling frequent check ups for me to come in. My mom asked if everything was okay and he said yeah he just wants me to start coming in more. Well I made an appointment for Thursday but couldn't make the appointment because it was bad timing and there was a lot going on that day. So my OB called again Friday and asked me to reschedule ASAP and I am going to today but I am scared something is wrong. He says there isn't and he just wants to look at me but it makes no sense! I've already had 2 pap smears and pelvic exams I don't know what else he is going to "look" at. They did a sonogram three weeks ago and everything is fine, so I am worried that something is going on and they aren't telling me. I've already been scared by the doctors once and I don't know if I can handle it if they tell me something else is wrong. :cry:

2. ttcbabyno.1

ttcbabyno.1 Due Date 25th December

Do they get paid with each visit?

3. PrettyBonk

PrettyBonk Alex,Abigail,&Grace's mom

Oh hunny...if he says everything is ok...then it must likely is...
    I was also 17 and 18 when I was first pregnant and the doctor wanted to see me A LOT lol ...maybe is because you are young...maybe he wants to make sure that everything IS in fact ok...
    If I was you, I'd go if he asks you to.

4. KZD

KZD Well-Known Member

hmmm...weird ! maybe u should go see him/her asap so you can confirm in person if everything is ok or not/?

5. dom85

dom85 Mum of 2, 3rd on the way

There are a few complications that are slightly more likely to happen if you are under 20, but it's prob more for your general wellbeing that he wants to keep an eye on you, or he may be slightly more cautious because of the bleed you had earlier on until you're past 12 weeks.

My doctor is seeing me more often because I'm going to be a single mum and he knows that I have a pretty stressful job and commute a long way to work.

6. mrso

mrso Lovin my Family

I would call another Ob's office and see what their protocall is. Never hurts to get a 2nd opinion.