The 'dreaded' depo injection.

Lauralily

Mummy to Lily-Grace.
Reaction score
Hey, i've only had two injections but i have read it doesnt matter how many you have.

Ive also found that a lot of people have taken 18 months to conceive but i just wanted to know how many on here has had the injection and then got pregnant and how long has it taken?

:baby:
thanks.

I had it in january 2012 an was meant to go an get it in march 2012 but didnt i caught on with my 2nd baby in febuary 2013 saldy this led to a miscarrige still ttc no 2 now x

My cousin got pregnant straight away the nurse messed up and had her date to get it done wrong by a week and she got pregnant.

Both completely different time gaps! Arghh lol

I had it in january 2012 an was meant to go an get it in march 2012 but didnt i caught on with my 2nd baby in febuary 2013 saldy this led to a miscarrige still ttc no 2 now x

Sorry to hear that :(
Is it known that depo affects pregnancies like that? :/ xxx

To be fair my cousin is the most fertile person i know she. Got pregnant on the pill, then injection and only tried once for her eldest daughter and only had unprotected sex once for her youngest it just depends really.

To be fair my cousin is the most fertile person i know she. Got pregnant on the pill, then injection and only tried once for her eldest daughter and only had unprotected sex once for her youngest it just depends really.

I used to be quite fertile. When i got pregnant with my daughter i had been on the pill for 4 years. I stopped taking it and conceived a week later.

I hope i'm very fertile this is my first month off the pill and judging by ovulation tests i should ovulate last night or today so heres to hoping :)

I had my last depo injection in Feb. and still haven't had AF! Last month I thought I was pregnant but blood tests said no. Now I think I am pregnant again but took a pee test yesterday and it said negative. It is so hard to know for sure because I haven't had an AF yet. I love depo but I feel that my doctor should have told me last year that if I wanted to get pregnant this year I should have came off it then.

Hi Lauralily:)

I guess it affects different women differently. I had my last injection back in October 2011 and I'm still not pregnant! Blood tests have confirmed that I do ovulate, so now dh will have a S/A done tomorrow. Its really annoying that the docs don't tell you the consequences of this HORRIBLE injection!

Good luck and I hope you won't have to wait as long as I am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->