The dreaded stretch marks

neady

Reaction score
i noticed whilst gettin changed the other day that i have 3 on one side of my hip and quite a few appearin on my boobs =(. i was wonderin if anyone could recomend anythin and give me their views on wats best. dont want to waste loads on bio-oil if somethin cheaper works better =). ope all ur pregnancys are goin ok =)

To be honest babe if your gonna get stretchmarks your gonna get them! I've been lucky so far and not got any on my lower body but I have looooads on my boobs its horrible! I've gone up like 2 cup sizes! You can use all the expensive stretchmark stuff/bio oil/shea butter you like but if they are gonna come up they will regardless! Best thing to do is lather on any old moiteriser (doesn't matter how much it costs they all do the same thing whatever they "claim" to do on the packaging!) and drink lots of water so that your skin is hydrated and will heal better if you do get stretchies :)

They market this expensive "stretchmark preventing" stuff at us women because we are so body consious and its so easy to con us out of money cause we will pay literally anything to stop us aging/stretching blah blah blah! Its all a load of SHITE!!!!! I've used bio-oil from day one and its done BUGGER ALL for me!!! People will say that its worked for them but I'm not inclined to believe it, cause some people just don't get stretchmarks ragardless of if they use that stuff or not iykwim???

In my opinion, get yourself a nice decent moisteriser thats suitable for your skin and just use that twice a day and drink plenty of water :) now my bio-oils ran out thats what I'll be doing as its just a waste of time and to be honest, I don't have the money to spend on expensive stuff :( !

Good luck hun and I'm sure you'll look beautiful regardless :hugs: ! Thay say once everythings gone back to normal your stretchmarks fade to virtually nothing anyway so I wouldn't fret :) I'm past caring now haha if they come - they will come!!!

xX

i know i thought that. ive been told baby oil works just as good as anythin else aswel and u can get that cheap. mums bought me some bio-oil and my OH auntie has give me that palmers body butter one. it will be the least of our worries i suppose once we have our beautiful babies. =). i saw a picture in one of the threads of your bump =) it looks sooo perfect haha =). good luckk x

Get some cocoa butter thats what i use :) smells yummy too

Awww thanks hun :hugs: well least you got some free its deffinatly better than nothing! Yeah I don't believe anything I read on a bottle haha gets your hopes up too much only to be gutted when you've found you've spent about £100 on trying to prevent stretchmarks that just decided to make their apperance anyway - even after alot of hard work preventing them!!! Yea at the end of the day I really couldn't give a shit haha my OH still loves me wether I'm a wrinkly old bag or whatever and I guess thats all that matters :) that and like you said - a healthy bubba at the end of it!!!!

Good luck with your pregnancy mwahahahaha it only gets worse from here ;)

:hugs: xX

I used bio-oil and mixed it with normal cocoa butter for a start, then i ran out :( and now i'm using cocoa butter for stretch marks :D it's on offer in asda and it's brilliant! I'm gunna stock up on it when i get paid because bio-oil is so expensive! Even though it worked REALLY well, i just can't afford it. I was gunna go for the cheaper version of it in Asda but.. I think you only get what you pay for to be honest.
& i've heard that baby oil is good as well, i used a bit of that for a while when i ran out of everything else lol (it was supposed to be for baby!) and i mixed it with a cocoa butter sample that i got free, it worked just as well and i don't have ANY stretch marks, apart from VERY faint ones that i still have from when i lost weight ages ago.
& i'd use other moisturisers as well.. for the rest of your body so it keeps your skin looking and feeling lovely :) i sound like a TV advert now lol but honestly.. I use Johnsons dreamy skin and cocoa butter (and any other lotion i find in my room!) every night and my skin feels really nice afterwards!

xxx

im not pregnant but i have come across this- https://www.myburtsbees.co.uk/burts...urt_s_bees_mama_bee_belly_butter.htm?browse=1
ive used there products before (including the baby bubble bath FOR ME lol its lush!) anyway theyre really good although its a bit pricey- good reviews for that product tho

Any moisturizer is good. BUT you really can't prevent stretch marks to much but you can keep them under control. Anything with vitamin E is even better because it helps the skin to repair a little if you do get stretchmarks.
I however even with using moisturizer got the worst stretch marks I have ever seen and that some doctors have ever seen. My skin has like zero elasticity. There just love marks. Thats how I have to think of them while rubbing LOTS of vitamin E on them.

it all depends on your skins elasticity and for my son nothen worked but my body had never gone over 120 till then i gaind 40 pound so it wasnt in my genes and yes they fade almost compleatly and even if they dont think of them as you battle scars for your beautifully baby you will spend you entire life loving =)

I used Bio Oil, Thyme Maternity's Stretch Mark Cream, Palmer's Body Butter.. and miscellaneous body lotions, and I have tons :(

I posted a post about stretchies on the multiples board and I didn't have any and I was using everything under sun well Now I look like a tigger lol it happens so fast felt like over night!!! I guess I don't care much because it's a small price to pay !! I hope yo luck out with none!

i noticed whilst gettin changed the other day that i have 3 on one side of my hip and quite a few appearin on my boobs =(. i was wonderin if anyone could recomend anythin and give me their views on wats best. dont want to waste loads on bio-oil if somethin cheaper works better =). ope all ur pregnancys are goin ok =)

Wilkos do this cheap bio oil called rescue oil i go through a bottle a week... and palmers coco butter (get it from wilkos too its cheaper than boots by like 2 quid!!!) i live in the stuff im like an oiled up chip pan... but still RIDDLED with stretch marks all round my sides i started off with about 2 and now iv just got these RED marks that look like iv been attacked by a wild cat all round my back and sides non on my belly so far (touch wood!!) :( ... oh well she'll be worth it im sure!

xxx

I used Bio oil and I got none.

i actually wish I had some now because i feel like a fraud! People think I am mad but i wanted them as a little thing to remember my pregnancy with Alex by.

(now you lot think I'm mad...)

Remember why they are there!

I have lots of stretch marks on my boobs, and ive used everything!!!
i completely agree with love bunny, just wack on a decent moisturiser and drink plenty of water, i only have 1 on my tummy and its near my belly button, and tht was when i was usuing bio oil, now i used some cocoa butter which was like 4 pounds and its great, anyway hunni, there meant to fade after our lil ones come :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->