The emotional rollercoaster

Louisecriss

Reaction score
So i know there are many couple trying and trying, I consider myself very lucky that I conceived very quickly, but now starts the worry, the doubt. My partner keeps saying "we're having a baby" I would love to join his excitement but I have had so many things this time round that are nothing like my first, which was pure ignorance and that was bliss. I got my bfp 9dpo (faint but +) it was a Wednesday, come Thursday I started seeing some brown discharge, that went trough till Sunday, when my period was meant to start, funnily enough all the bleeding stopped, it was always light bleeding, hpt are getting darker and darker, I don't think I will get them much darker now, I've had bloods done and my hcg level was at 127 which I thought was pretty low, so did the dr, more tests coming up in a couple of days. Every niggle and pain worries me, I know this is a bit of a story but I can't really talk to anyone else as its too early to say anything and my hubby just doesn't get it.

hey dear, the early times are scary and exciting, and of course spotting and low numbers increase the anxiety over things, that then makes it nearly impossible to feel excited. your OH doesn't get those stressy reminders daily as you do, and i think for men, the blessed ignorance factor is way stronger than for women when it comes to pregnancy and all the things that come with it (and it's normal, it is not their body).

i've been through two losses and the only advice i can give you at this stage is this: not getting excited and falling pray to anxiety won't change the outcome of your pregnancy. but it will deprive you of everything beautiful and joyful about it, even if it were to last for a day only. and i personally think that each baby is a joy, whether we get to hold it in our arms in the end or not.

:hugs: :hugs:

Hun, I just wanted to pop in and tell you that I understand completely how you feel. I've been pregnant six times so far and have lost half of them so I'm no stranger when it comes to the anxiety you feel when you find out you're expecting. I have to say that only one of my miscarriages were natural, the other two were D&Cs that I had done before I even started bleeding once we saw the baby no longer had a heartbeat. The bleeding with my only natural miscarriage didn't start until I was around 9 weeks pregnant. On the other hand, I bled a lot in the beginning with my son and all turned out well. It started around week 5 or 6 and I bled for a week. It was enough blood to fill a pantyliner in a day and mostly brown, like you described, though some of it was red. There was never a cause seen on ultrasound to explain the bleeding and he was born full term. I wouldn't worry yourself too much. I hope the bleeding stays away and that your levels rise soon xx

I hope you're able to relax soon and enjoy your pregnancy! How lovely that your partner is so excited! :flower: But I completely understand you. I've had first trimester bleeds in all of my pregnancies. Unfortunately, I lost my first baby (@7w&3d) during a bleed, so it freaked me out for my three consecutive pregnancies. But that's the thing: I've had 4 pregnancies, where I've bled varying amounts (with my daughter, I spotted for 2 days, with my son I spotted for 1 day, and with this pregnancy, I had so much blood literally pouring out of me at 9 weeks, I was SURE I was losing him! But he's a fighter this little guy, and he held on tight! :D ). So, as I see it, there are more chances that a pregnancy goes well than unwell. :thumbup: I'm hoping for one last baby in the future, and my goal is to not freak out during my first tri! :D I wish you all the best! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->