The first Tri drag

tinymumma

Mummy to a rainbow boy
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like the weeks and days are slower than the TWW? I got my BFP at 15 DPO and I'm 5 weeks as of today but I feel like I should be at least 7 already :haha:
In that limbo time where symptoms are minimal and it's a good long 3-4 weeks before I get a scan and a referral to a midwife. Doctors don't do blood testing here unless you're considered high risk. I want to get my progesterone monitored as I was having issues with a lpd and low progesterone while TTC but my doctor just rolled her eyes and said its all probably fine. So doctor shopping for me.

How's everyone else feeling?

Hello! I had my BFP the same day as you! And yes it's definetly going to drag before it all feels real!! I'm so excited! Baby wasn't planned as I had taken the morning after pill but my little one is 3 now and this baby is obviously determined to be here! How the shock has gone I cannot wait!! When are you due? X

Hello! I had my BFP the same day as you! And yes it's definetly going to drag before it all feels real!! I'm so excited! Baby wasn't planned as I had taken the morning after pill but my little one is 3 now and this baby is obviously determined to be here! How the shock has gone I cannot wait!! When are you due? X

Some babies are just meant to be! I have a friend who's first was a pill and a condom baby! My bloat at the moment (I'm about as big as I was at 18 weeks and it's hard to hide) and the constant sore nipples (I still bf my DS) are the reminders that I actually am!
I'm due March 6th :) When are you due lovely?

Oh I could've wrote this! I feel the same. I had a lpd whilst ttc too so am very anxious about my progesterone levels. But no levels for me either. I do have a scan in a weeks time though as am high risk due to precious ectopic, so I have that to placate me hopefully. It's still dragging though. I was only 10dpo when I got my bfp. Xxx

Oh I could've wrote this! I feel the same. I had a lpd whilst ttc too so am very anxious about my progesterone levels. But no levels for me either. I do have a scan in a weeks time though as am high risk due to precious ectopic, so I have that to placate me hopefully. It's still dragging though. I was only 10dpo when I got my bfp. Xxx

It's awfully frustrating when doctors don't take progesterone issues seriously! I feel for you xx Keep looking for a doctor, that's what I'm going to do. I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it though as the results will take around a week to come in, so if something is wrong, it might be too late before I find out. So many thoughts!
Best of luck for your scan darling xx I had to push with my son to have a scan at 7 weeks (30th pregnancy and he's the only one on Earth with us). I had to see 3 different doctors before someone referred me for a scan! Thankfully he is here with us now, currently trying to get into all the cupboards haha.
Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months lovely xx

I found those early weeks felt like forever, but since my first private scan at 9 weeks things seem to have sped up! And I sympathise entirely with the sore nipples while breastfeeding a toddler, my youngest is just over 2.5 years, and they're still so sore when she feeds! It feels like friction burns on my nipples lol.
Hope the next weeks go quickly for you xxxxxx

I found those early weeks felt like forever, but since my first private scan at 9 weeks things seem to have sped up! And I sympathise entirely with the sore nipples while breastfeeding a toddler, my youngest is just over 2.5 years, and they're still so sore when she feeds! It feels like friction burns on my nipples lol.
Hope the next weeks go quickly for you xxxxxx

I can't wait for the first scan, I'm practically busting out of my skin, literally, there's no hiding I'm pregnant. This first Tri bloat is real! I thought I was big with my son :rofl:
It's so bad, isn't it! The worst is when he sneezes while feeding! I've cried a few times just from a normal feed. I refused to wean him as I'm all about self weaning but now I'm considering it! It hurts so much :cry:

I agree. I feel like I should be at least 9 weeks by now. Ready to be able to tell people about the pregnancy and get some second tri energy. If it makes you ladies feel better, once you hit six weeks you can tell yourself you're halfway done with first tri. That made me feel better when I got there.

I found out at 10dpo and it is dragging! Another one with a huge baby bloat and low progesterone. I had initial bloods and they said level was ok but wouldn't tell me number so I'm just hoping it actually is ok. Luckily a saw a newly qualified dr so she was happy to do test but then the one who has been there longer gave me result and said even if it was low they wouldn't do anything 🙄

I found out at 10dpo and it is dragging! Another one with a huge baby bloat and low progesterone. I had initial bloods and they said level was ok but wouldn't tell me number so I'm just hoping it actually is ok. Luckily a saw a newly qualified dr so she was happy to do test but then the one who has been there longer gave me result and said even if it was low they wouldn't do anything 🙄

That's baloney!! Some suppositories or cream and you will most like have a sticky baby? Gp's annoy the pants off me. We were getting ready to see a FS and I bet they wouldn't have even blinked giving me tests and such 🙄 Unfortunately, GP's aren't very qualified when it comes to baby making and pregnancy. I feel like a lot of us ladies know more just from being in sites like this and research through the Internet! Bit of a stretch, maybe, lol.

I agree. I feel like I should be at least 9 weeks by now. Ready to be able to tell people about the pregnancy and get some second tri energy. If it makes you ladies feel better, once you hit six weeks you can tell yourself you're halfway done with first tri. That made me feel better when I got there.

I forgot how slow this part was, haha. I like your outlook though! Only 1 more week and I'm halfway through :happydance:

That's baloney!! Some suppositories or cream and you will most like have a sticky baby? Gp's annoy the pants off me. We were getting ready to see a FS and I bet they wouldn't have even blinked giving me tests and such 🙄 Unfortunately, GP's aren't very qualified when it comes to baby making and pregnancy. I feel like a lot of us ladies know more just from being in sites like this and research through the Internet! Bit of a stretch, maybe, lol.

Yeah we were going through infertility testing so you'd think they'd take it a bit more seriously. I'm just clinging to the initial bloods that came back 'satisfactory' whatever that means!

Some babies are just meant to be! I have a friend who's first was a pill and a condom baby! My bloat at the moment (I'm about as big as I was at 18 weeks and it's hard to hide) and the constant sore nipples (I still bf my DS) are the reminders that I actually am!
I'm due March 6th :) When are you due lovely?

I know now it's happened im really happy!! Aw I feel so bloated too! My boobs are 100x more sorer than they were with my first!! I think I'm die the 4th of March! Xxx

Yeah we were going through infertility testing so you'd think they'd take it a bit more seriously. I'm just clinging to the initial bloods that came back 'satisfactory' whatever that means!

Wow, that really unfair. So sorry lovely xx Hopefully "satisfactory" means perfect :hugs:

Having got my BFP nearly 6 weeks ago (tomorrow) I am so bored of first tri.

It really does drag, and it messes with your head so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->