The hope and happy ending thread :)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Gemini85, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Gemini85

Gemini85 Expecing after loss

I don't know about you ladies, but I find the first tri threads often full of worry, angst and sadness.
    I thought it would be good to start a thread of stories where things have turned out ok, in the end.
    I think we all have something to give, so please share, bleeding that meant nothing, OHs that you thought weren't going to be supportive that were, finally getting your sticky after 10 angels, whatever it is, let's prove, that that awful saying "it will be ok in the end" actually tends to come through...

I had an early MC, I decided I didn't want to wait to try again, I only bled lightly, and as I had had the mirena coil, I thought that maybe a thin womb lining caused it, so, decided trying straight away could work out.
    I fell straight away, not one witch between my mc bleed and BFP. I'm now nearly 12 weeks, I listen to my bubs HB regularly on my Doppler, and I feel everything will be ok.

So I guess my share, is that sometimes mc does happen, but, with a whole lot of strength and a big fake smile, things can come ok in the end, that and the fact if you don't want to wait after MC, you don't have to

Looking forward to hearing others hope stories xxxx

2. babynewbie

babynewbie Well-Known Member

I dont really have a partiular hopeful story, but i think this thread is definitely needed, 1st tri is scary we need some positivity! :)

3. Gemini85

Indeed! I click on first trimester whilst holding my breath! Lol x

4. Gemini85

C'mon ladies, 33 views? Surely some of you have something positive to share!!!? X

5. SuperAwesome

SuperAwesome Corinne's pet cow

My guy didn't seem that excited when we got that BFP, but you know what? He's turning out to be more amazing than I ever hoped for. I'm so glad I'm in this with him. :)

(Great thread idea, btw!)

6. KarFar

KarFar Well-Known Member

I had a mc at 6 weeks back in 2009, me and OH tried and tried between then and now and we are now nearly 11 weeks along and very happy :)

7. Sunshine12

Sunshine12 New Mummy

I have never quite felt ready to have a baby and when I finally decided that, at 38, it was the right time, I prepared myself for at least a year, if not more, of trying. We decided that if I wasnt pregnant by the time I was 40 we wouldnt keep trying and would have a life without children. We got pregnant on our first attempt and I will never be able to express how very very lucky I feel and how much love I already have for my baby. xxx

8. Emzywemzy

Emzywemzy Mummy to Holly and Evie

In both my pregnancies I've had terrible cramping at 5 weeks and been convinced something was wrong. both times I was scanned at 5 weeks and nothing could be seen so I had an agonizing 2 week wait til the next one. Both times everything turned out to be fine and we saw a beautiful beating heart. The first pregnancy turned into my beautiful Holly and I am currently 12 weeks pregnant with my second. I feel blessed :)

9. waiting2c

waiting2c Well-Known Member

Great great thread idea. I havent had anything like that happen but really appreciate hearing the happy ending stories from others. I think we can quite easily focus ourselves on the negative possibilities and not enjoy things.

10. InVivoVeritas

InVivoVeritas Well-Known Member

I had 4 miscarriages in a row and docs couldn't give any explanation as to why. When I got my 5th BFP my head wasn't in a very good place at all.

When I started cramping and bleeding at 5 weeks I was so sure it was another loss that I made DH take me for a beer. The mscg symptoms died down after a couple of days, and that fifth BFP is now a healthy, beautiful 13-year-old.

11. kuriazuri

kuriazuri Well-Known Member

I like it! My pregnancy so far has been super happy. Everyone has been supportive and great (even those I wasn't too sure of) and as soon as I saw and heard that little heart beat the thought of MS just left my mind completely! I can't wait to get a big belly and am lucky to have an OH who finds it sexy. All around I feel blessed and uber happy. The first trimester is going by so fast! As a note to the person who started this thread...prepare yourself for second tri...they are pretty hormonal over there! haha but I guess we will be too ;)

12. PhotoLC

PhotoLC Well-Known Member

I got surprise pregnant a couple weeks before my husband deployed for 4 months. Finally came around to it and then found out at 7 weeks that the heartbeat stopped. I waited an agonizing 6 more weeks to mc naturally, but it never happened. I had a d&c on July 27. My husband came home labor day weekend and we had decided not to try, but it's hard to be consistent with protection when you're getting "reaquainted." I got surprise knocked up again within ten days... Oopsy. We were both cautiously excited, but now that we've had a happy scan at 9+3, we've switched modes to just excited.

13. albs

albs Well-Known Member

i love this thread!!!! keep the stories coming.

i just want to say how much my dh has surprised me. we made a joint decision to try and have kids, but i think it was a case of he was pushing 30 and figured it was the right thing to do, rather than really wanting kids. he's not a kid person at all and practically runs away from babies.

well he's been amazing. he's put up with me sleeping all the time, wanting weird food and wearing very unsexy underwear to bed to look after my sore boobs. we've had a rough pregnancy week with spotting/bleeding for a few days and i couldn't have asked for a better dh. i know that he's been as scared as me, but he's been awesome, doing everything he can for me.

men can surprise you in the best possible way.

14. Lilyfire

Lilyfire Pregnant - 1st Trimester

I used to be in here all the time looking for advice on disappearing symptoms, all my symptoms disappeared at around 6 weeks and I FREAKED OUT, I came on here, went to google and assumed the worst. My Dr assured me that it was normal and 2 days later they came back. I had a scan at 7 weeks and saw a strong heartbeat, it was amazing! Then at around 9 weeks my symptoms disappeared and stayed away... I was so stressed that my OB told me to come in to check everything was ok, we saw our little baby squirming about on the screen and everything was GREAT! I'm now nearly at the sacred 12 weeks and have my second prenatal appointment tomorrow, cant wait to see our little one again! If your symptoms disappear, IT REALLY IS OK! It's normal, as it's normal to have loads of them or none at all, it's probably fine! :D

15. hermosa0308

hermosa0308 Well-Known Member

hey ladies stoppin by from 3rd trimester...after awhile i stopped reading the 1st tri bcus it was more depressin then anything...i understand showing support but then when the arguments started...it was too much! hang in there mommas...youll be in 3rd tri b4 u know it!:flower:

16. NannyWhitney

NannyWhitney Mommy to Gloria

Thank you ladies for posting your stories! With this being my very first pregnancy, I've been a nervous wreck. So, thanks for all the positives! :hugs:

17. Abii

Abii Mommy to 5 perfect kids & #6 otw♡

When i first came to the first tri, you are completely right, this is the thread tthas full of sadness, but thats because its the most crucial and critical tri of them all.
    We all have worries and i know FOR A FACT i was tripping out so bad afte ri got my bfp, just thinking something would go wrong.
    But as of now, i just entered my 5th week and i feel ALOT better about it, i think it just took time to sink in that its actually there you know?
    I was dreading coming to first tri because this is my first pregnancy ever and i was so scared to lose it, but as of this moment the train of though i have is that if i do have a m/c theres nothing i can do to prevent it, and it has helped me become more positive towards this pregnancy, as ive heard stress is the worst for your baby at this point in pregnancy, so now me and df are just taking it day by day until dec,13th when we get the first scan and hear the heartbeat:3
    i cant wait.
    we love our little bug so much already:haha:
    i have hopes he/she will stay with us.
    [i know this isnt really an inspiring story lol but i just wanted to share that with you ladies, as im sure you already knew about the stress factor]
    so just if your feeling in doubt dont necessarily take it to heart because there are alot of cases where women thought they miscarried and 7 months later her water breaks.
    i hope i at last shun a-little light to anyone who is doubtful.
    gl ladies and i hope we all have a h&h 9 months
    xx

18. xAmiixLouisex

xAmiixLouisex Mommy! <3

I also got pregnant after a miscarriage without a period inbetween. 9 days after actually! All through first tri I didn't want to get my hopes up. I thought it was too good to be true and my pregnancy was just doomed from the start. The fact I had No symptoms didn't give me much confidence either.

Yet.. here I am at almost 18 weeks and my little BOY is a healthy one so far :)

19. Gemini85

Well this is the first morning I've woken up, seen how goddamn AWFUL I look again, but come on here and smiled! Yay! X

20. candy82

candy82 New Member

Just want to add my story - I'm 29 and had two miscarriages, one beginning of the year and one last year..I was so scared to fall pregnant because the miscarriage is so traumatizing but I thought hey, I'm feeling good at the moment, timing feels right so told my husband I wanted to try again..needless to say the very next morning I felt different..I just knew we conceived..but I thought I was being delusional so didn't really take note..well, we are currently 6 weeks pregnant and I feel horrible, bloated, tired, bad skin, feeling fat... it's a wonderful feeling to be feeling so crap because I know its our little baba growing..first appt end of the month, can't wait. There is hope out there ladies xxx