The Implant - Pro's & Con's?

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
I have my 6wk check with the doctor in a few weeks am I cant decide between the implant or the depo as my contraception of choice. I don't want the pill any more an I don't like the idea of IUD's an coils etc. What are the pros an cons of the implant?

ive heard of being picky an indecisive of clothes an shoes... Not birth control lol

Hiya Hun :flower: Congrats on your new bubby. As for BC and being indecisive, I know exactly what you mean.

I had my first Implanon inserted in 2007. I had 3 years of no periods, no side effects, it worked wonders. Then I had my second inserted, it was smooth sailing for the first year. Then after that, constant bleeding, I bled for 2 months straight. So I had it removed in April 2012 and fell preg with my son 2 weeks later lol!

I honestly think they work differently for everyone and you kinda just have to try it out yourself. If it works, that's great! If not, you may have to give it a few months to see if it settles down and if not, then try another. I will be trying the Mirena in a few months.

The implant caused more cysts for me, but i already had cysts before. I also was extra moody but that could have been because i was exhausted from dd not sleeping ever lol it depends on the person tho, i have friends who liked it. Hormonal bc and me just dont get along.

I've never had the implant but id recommend anything over depo!

there seems to be a lot of cons with the implant =/ What about IUD's what are they like? I think the only thing that puts me off of them in 1) will it be affected during sex 2) will my husband be able to feel it in there during sex & 3) will it be uncomfortable. I just dont know! One thing is for sure im not going on the pill again! Thats how i got pregnant with my daughter lol

i had one for 2 plus years and loved it...............will have another one soon

there seems to be a lot of cons with the implant =/ What about IUD's what are they like? I think the only thing that puts me off of them in 1) will it be affected during sex 2) will my husband be able to feel it in there during sex & 3) will it be uncomfortable. I just dont know! One thing is for sure im not going on the pill again! Thats how i got pregnant with my daughter lol

I've never had IUD but my OH's ex (a long time ago) had it and he says he could feel it during sex :s may be different for everyone though, I mean... He isn't exactly on the small side :p

I've had implant for about 6 months, periods are long, but very light not painful. No weight gain. Very very moody at time, very short fuse. No libido.

Ill keep it as I don't want to get pregnant and tbh not looking forward to getting it out! But I wouldn't get another

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->