The importance Of Reduced Fetal Movements And Movement Guidelines

I have to say this is the hardest thing ever for me! I am 28 weeks and I honestly am always worried about reduced movement. My babe moves quite a bit but sometimes I still find myself worrying like crazy. I haven't read through this whole post (it's crazy long) but I wondering if there are any guidelines for determining when movement is "reduced". Sometimes I feel like there are less movements but I'm still feeling babe move occasionally so does that mean everything is okay? I have a kick counter app on my phone. does anyone find that to be useful?

Twenty-eight weeks is when they are just getting into a routine (for the majority of babies any how), so now it's just about learning their pattern. It does get easier as time goes on.

Bump. Can not reiterate how important this is. I've been having daily monitoring and scans since last Wednesday due to reduced movements and was admitted on Sunday in part because of it. Trust your instincts mummy's xx

I have to say this is the hardest thing ever for me! I am 28 weeks and I honestly am always worried about reduced movement. My babe moves quite a bit but sometimes I still find myself worrying like crazy. I haven't read through this whole post (it's crazy long) but I wondering if there are any guidelines for determining when movement is "reduced". Sometimes I feel like there are less movements but I'm still feeling babe move occasionally so does that mean everything is okay? I have a kick counter app on my phone. does anyone find that to be useful?

The countthekicks.org.UK website is really useful for this.It's not about number but about patterns, if your baby's pattern changes phone the same day! And get checked. There's no right or wrong number but be aware of what is usual for your baby

Thank you. Actually my story about reduced fetal movement is in the daily mail today. He made it because I refused to listen to them.

So I don't want to repeat what's already been discussed on this mammoth thread....however I'm 34 +3 baby no.3 now she usually has a routine of waking and sleeping, probably every other hour she will kick or move noticeably for like twenty mins at a time, now from waking till 6pm tonight I didn't feel her once, then since then she's had three episodes of movements, is she just possibly sleeping longer nowadays? Xxx

I wrote this hours after he was born, it was shared over 32k times (and resulted in newspaper articles in two national newspapers). My little man made it because of my refusal to ignore my instincts.

My baby is just hours old but he's sound asleep so I thought I'd tell you our story whilst it is as clear as it can be in my head.

I've written on some of your status updates our story (we were pregnant after sixteen miscarriages and a stillbirth at 24+3 recurrently and had already had a stillbirth previous to that) but this is about the past week.

Last Wednesday I rushed to the hospital convinced my baby had died as I couldn't get them to move. Thankfully the hb was found but the sudden reduction in movement was a concern, so we moved to daily monitoring. The ctg trace on the following days was always fine after a while but we were on for considerable times and needed a scan every day.

Sunday we were admitted as I had contractions (I was 36 weeks) and by this point my movements were even further reduced. We spent the next few days very anxious as my gut told me something was wrong even though clinically everything was fine. Then for the last twenty-four hours (despite a fetal medicine scan on Monday that again showed us that everything was clinically sound) our baby was borderline bradycardic and now would only move if pressure was applied. I had known for almost a week something was wrong and no one was listening but this time they finally saw what I did as I reminded them after they said eight is still a good number of movements even with stimulation, that not for us when baby is usually 80+ movements.

We began induction this morning but my waters wouldn't break at 5.30am and took a long time to sort at 7.30. We began a drip at 10.15am and we spent much of the day moving position as the trace wasn't reassuring (there words as over fifty percent had decelerations). At 3.15 I was told it would be a long time yet as we were 2cm still. At 4.02 our beautiful baby boy was born into the world and I held my breath until he cried. Which he did. The paeds took him straight away and they made sure he was doing well which he is.

The point of this? Every mother should listen to their instincts, even if doctors do numerous ctg's, scans etc, sometimes clinical things aren't enough, only a mummy can truly know when something's wrong. Shout and scream if they have to. I did. If I hadn't been in hospital when the bradies started well it would of been a completely different story.

Seven years, sixteen miscarriages, a stillbirth and here is our little Or.ion Ru.di Be.au (full stop added).

So I don't want to repeat what's already been discussed on this mammoth thread....however I'm 34 +3 baby no.3 now she usually has a routine of waking and sleeping, probably every other hour she will kick or move noticeably for like twenty mins at a time, now from waking till 6pm tonight I didn't feel her once, then since then she's had three episodes of movements, is she just possibly sleeping longer nowadays? Xxx

Any change in movements should be looked into, speak to your health care providers because yes she could just be sleeping for longer but it's better to be sure.

I wrote this hours after he was born, it was shared over 32k times (and resulted in newspaper articles in two national newspapers). My little man made it because of my refusal to ignore my instincts.

My baby is just hours old but he's sound asleep so I thought I'd tell you our story whilst it is as clear as it can be in my head.

I've written on some of your status updates our story (we were pregnant after sixteen miscarriages and a stillbirth at 24+3 recurrently and had already had a stillbirth previous to that) but this is about the past week.

Last Wednesday I rushed to the hospital convinced my baby had died as I couldn't get them to move. Thankfully the hb was found but the sudden reduction in movement was a concern, so we moved to daily monitoring. The ctg trace on the following days was always fine after a while but we were on for considerable times and needed a scan every day.

Sunday we were admitted as I had contractions (I was 36 weeks) and by this point my movements were even further reduced. We spent the next few days very anxious as my gut told me something was wrong even though clinically everything was fine. Then for the last twenty-four hours (despite a fetal medicine scan on Monday that again showed us that everything was clinically sound) our baby was borderline bradycardic and now would only move if pressure was applied. I had known for almost a week something was wrong and no one was listening but this time they finally saw what I did as I reminded them after they said eight is still a good number of movements even with stimulation, that not for us when baby is usually 80+ movements.

We began induction this morning but my waters wouldn't break at 5.30am and took a long time to sort at 7.30. We began a drip at 10.15am and we spent much of the day moving position as the trace wasn't reassuring (there words as over fifty percent had decelerations). At 3.15 I was told it would be a long time yet as we were 2cm still. At 4.02 our beautiful baby boy was born into the world and I held my breath until he cried. Which he did. The paeds took him straight away and they made sure he was doing well which he is.

The point of this? Every mother should listen to their instincts, even if doctors do numerous ctg's, scans etc, sometimes clinical things aren't enough, only a mummy can truly know when something's wrong. Shout and scream if they have to. I did. If I hadn't been in hospital when the bradies started well it would of been a completely different story.

Seven years, sixteen miscarriages, a stillbirth and here is our little Or.ion Ru.di Be.au (full stop added).

So happy Orion is here safe Tasha! Xoxoxoxo

Today 10 years ago I gave birth to my perfect little boy, his name was Frazer he was born at 36+6 and was 8lbs 2. Unfortunately he had died 3 days before he was born. I repeatedly told my midwife and hospital that he didn't ever make the recommended amount of kicks in a day, from 25 weeks I took myself to the hospital and as I walked into the day unit eyes would roll. I felt like I was going insane," everything is fine, he is just big....its his position...you are just stressed.." But I was the one unfortunately in the right, my baby, although big, was not able to get enough oxygen as I had an undiagnosed clotting disorder... At 20 years old I gave birth to my son, knowing I had to hand him over and would never get to take him home with me, hear him cry, wake in the night with him, cuddle him when he was sad...

Its not just mums that need to take this seriously, its medical professionals who have the power to help our children live, or sit back and do nothing while they die!

:hugs: Jessica. It's the hardest thing in the world, knowing something isn't right, not being listened to and your baby dying because of it. Twice it happened to me, the third time they still didn't want to listen but eventually did

Happy tenth birthday to your sweet baby boy. I hope the day is gentle xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->