the latest I've ever been, 6 days! yet negative tests..

rebeccalouise

Reaction score
hello ladies :) I just thought I'd post this for some advice really! tomorrow I'll be a week late for my period, it'll be the latest I've ever been and the longest cycle I've had! I've been testing, but I've had nothing but :bfn:, surely if I'm pregnant I should be getting :bfp: by now? I'm so confused and worried.. the last test I did was Friday, it was a freedom test and they're 25 miu. I did an FRER before that, on the Wednesday.. both :bfn: :nope: has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them? If so, what was the outcome? thanks in advance! :) X

Could it be possible that you ovulated really late in your cycle? Have you ever had blood work done to check your hormone levels to see if they're low? Some people ovulate really late in their cycles and others have slow rising hormones and both result in a :bfp: later. If AF is that late and she is usually on time, I would think without a doubt that you're PG! Fx for you!

Hi ladies! S:shrug:o I have a very regular 28 day cycle up until today. Last month af showed on 13th Apr and I have been using charts so I know I am supposed to ovulate on cd 14 which was on the 26th of Apr (my ovulation has been very regular and cause I get cramps on the day I ovulate which has always been exactly on cd14) so we had BD'd on both 25th and 26th Apr and did not think about it after.
To my surprise on 1st May cd 19 I experienced that same old cramp I usually have on ovulation day and 3 days after i noticed a little blood when I wiped after a bathroom visit after dh and I had some light fun(no penetration). Again I didn't think too much about it until two days ago when I started feeling sudden dizziness I checked my chart and I realized my AF was due on that day which was cd28. It then hit me, that my pms symptoms didn't show up! I didn't have all the usual signs I'd normally have that starts 1&1/2 weeks before AF but I remembered the cramp I had on cd 19 which could have been implantation or late ovulation. I am now cd 30 and still no AF but I started eating a lot, feeling hungry and sleepy all the time and boobs turned sore with dark brown(near black) nips.

Should I wait to see if AF shows up this friday which would be 14days after the possible 1st May ovulation. OR I could just test it now! :wacko:

Would appreciate any answers. I am SOooo lost......:shrug:

Test hun, there's no harm in testing! That way you'll know :) X

This happened to me! My AF was two weeks late, I took quite a few cheap-o tests within the first week of AF being late and always stark white so I got discouraged and ignored it thinking AF would show up eventually. I had zero pregnancy symptoms just late AF. After I hit two weeks late I finally tested again with a FRER, :bfp:!! My cycles were always regular during our time TTC and so I was worried it took that long just because I wasn't making enough hormones and such and would have a MC. However when I went in for my first ultrasound they ended up moving my due date back two weeks, I conceived later than we thought somehow. Now I have a beautiful little girl as a result! :) Don't give up hope until you either get a :bfp: or AF shows (hopefully the first!!) Baby dust and lots of luck!!

When I was late (17 days late might I add) I was still getting BFN too.
I telephoned the doctor, they did a beta ''just in case'' - it was <2 (negative).
Sometimes you don't ovulate therefore you can expect AF when the next one is due. Mine came after 17 days late.
Sometimes, even if you track ovulation with OPK's you can get a surge and not actually ovulate.

If in doubt, I'd telephone the doctor for a beta blood test just to make sure. Some women though - do not get a BFP until much later into the pregnancy, so just to put your mind at rest you should visit your doctor.

Good luck - keep us informed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"