The longest weekend ever/low hcg

Briarroselex

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has had a similar experience. I went this morning to get blood tests for fertility because I have pcos. They called me a few hours later and said I tested positive on a preg test BUT my hcg levels were only 6.3 and my progesterone was low so it could be a false positive, I have to go mon to get retested. I'm terrified I'm going to get let down again, anyone ever have this issue? Thanks for any help.

I haven't had that happen, but I can tell you that hcg is normally below 5 when not pregnant but should be above 25 to be considered pregnant. In between is kind of an unknown ambiguous area. They also like progesterone to be above 20 to feel comfortable with maintaining a pregnancy, although there have been successful pregnancies with lower progesterone numbers in the beginning. Anyway, good luck and update with what you find out!

You could be in very early pregnancy ( HCG has to start somewhere) and sometimes low progesterone causes low HCG , so if its turns out you are pregnant make sure they give you progesterone to sustain the pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->