**The Lucky Thread**

you go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im going for my c sec 2morrow..............!

WTF , this time 2morrow i will be a mum again

The RD version...typing 1 handed

2 am water broke
6 am drove to birth suite
hypnobabies & nap
9 am got in birth pool
ate cinnamon rolls, drank juice, hung out
labor was totally managable until transition and pushing---those hurt like hell. No meds, interventions or cervical checks in labor!
Cord around neck 3x

Baby born in tub at noon, 10 lbs!! 21.5 inches! Healthy. Lots of hair. No tearing or stitches.

I went into shock after--so the birth endorphins were a little delayed, but now I am so proud of myself!!

Name is Aislinn Elisabeth.

Good luck this weekend girls!

im going for my c sec 2morrow..............!

WTF , this time 2morrow i will be a mum again

OMG good luck! you will be fine, I found that the waiting was the hardest part. You can feel them 'rummaging' in there but no pain, it is the weirdest thing! When Juliette came out she was a bit shell shocked and needed cpap for 1 min to get her breathing, i think that is pretty normal as bless them poor things are just yoinked out of there unexpected with a section!

Can't wait to hear the news!

The RD version...typing 1 handed

2 am water broke
6 am drove to birth suite
hypnobabies & nap
9 am got in birth pool
ate cinnamon rolls, drank juice, hung out
labor was totally managable until transition and pushing---those hurt like hell. No meds, interventions or cervical checks in labor!
Cord around neck 3x

Baby born in tub at noon, 10 lbs!! 21.5 inches! Healthy. Lots of hair. No tearing or stitches.

I went into shock after--so the birth endorphins were a little delayed, but now I am so proud of myself!!

Name is Aislinn Elisabeth.

Good luck this weekend girls!

Congratulations!! Beautiful name! Sounds like you did amazingly well! and 10lb and no stitches or meds - you are my hero! So exciting, the babies are halfway here! xx

Just checking in to see if our last two babies have arrived!! Hope our mommies are doing well also!! Keep us updated ladies--I will check in when I can. Very busy around here--I forgot how much work a newborn is.

OMG! Congratulations everyone!!!! I am so sorry there has been radio silence...I had a catalogue of disaster, but Jude Santiago is here, alive and well and was born on 24th Feb!!!!

Here goes -

went to hospital for routine check up on Wed 23rd at 3pm - Blood pressure through roof, protein in urine - they wouldn't let me home!!!
Bany's heartbeat also through roof so they couldn't start the induction and consultant said perhaps we would go down the road of an emergency section.

Staff changed - change of opinion.

Just as I got the first pessary (can't spell it) for emergency induction my phone completely packed in with ALL my numbers and contacts!!!

Monitored from the word go so no birthing pool etc.
Ted got to hosp around 7.30 and was kicked out at 9 - labour started properly around midnight.

From midnight until 10am I had no pain relief - midwives were about to give me 3rd pessary???????? when, lucky for me, a doctor passed and realised I was contracting hard and often. Examined me there and then, told the midwives I needed the labout suite, not another pessary, so off I went.

From 10am until 8pm I sweated it out with gas an air - and diomorphine in the middle of that somewhere which wore off....baby got stuck at 9cm dilated for 3 hours....then I had an emergency c section!!!

After that my blood pressure hit sky high and I have only just got out of hospital - it went from 112 (my normal) to 205 and I have some heavy duty bp meds to take!!!

I am only home ands will post again soon....Jude is so delightful I would do it all again.....I kept looking on the board for Kathleen's name but did not see her! The hospital is pretty big and there are so many rules that I was reluctant to go searching too much!! Hopefully we will hear something soon.

I am so delighted for everyone - I am so nervous about being home too - catch up soon lovely mummies!!! xxx

oh congratulatons! i have been waiting to hear news! sounds like you had a rough time, i am so glad little jude made it here ok, well done you!

one more to go! xx

oh congratulatons! i have been waiting to hear news! sounds like you had a rough time, i am so glad little jude made it here ok, well done you!

one more to go! xx

It sounds worse than it was!! He was 8lb 8 ounces and looks like his daddy.:happydance: xx I wish I had seen Kathleen...there are a few floors though, so hopefully we will get news soon xx

OMG! Congratulations everyone!!!! I am so sorry there has been radio silence...I had a catalogue of disaster, but Jude Santiago is here, alive and well and was born on 24th Feb!!!!

Here goes -

went to hospital for routine check up on Wed 23rd at 3pm - Blood pressure through roof, protein in urine - they wouldn't let me home!!!
Bany's heartbeat also through roof so they couldn't start the induction and consultant said perhaps we would go down the road of an emergency section.

Staff changed - change of opinion.

Just as I got the first pessary (can't spell it) for emergency induction my phone completely packed in with ALL my numbers and contacts!!!

Monitored from the word go so no birthing pool etc.
Ted got to hosp around 7.30 and was kicked out at 9 - labour started properly around midnight.

From midnight until 10am I had no pain relief - midwives were about to give me 3rd pessary???????? when, lucky for me, a doctor passed and realised I was contracting hard and often. Examined me there and then, told the midwives I needed the labout suite, not another pessary, so off I went.

From 10am until 8pm I sweated it out with gas an air - and diomorphine in the middle of that somewhere which wore off....baby got stuck at 9cm dilated for 3 hours....then I had an emergency c section!!!

After that my blood pressure hit sky high and I have only just got out of hospital - it went from 112 (my normal) to 205 and I have some heavy duty bp meds to take!!!

I am only home ands will post again soon....Jude is so delightful I would do it all again.....I kept looking on the board for Kathleen's name but did not see her! The hospital is pretty big and there are so many rules that I was reluctant to go searching too much!! Hopefully we will hear something soon.

I am so delighted for everyone - I am so nervous about being home too - catch up soon lovely mummies!!! xxx

SO glad to hear from you, so glad to hear Jude is here safe and sound! How are you recovering hun? You deserve a medal for going through all that only to have a C-section anyway!

Well ladies.... im back... and what a week!!

Firstly baby Lexi was born 25.2.11 @ 7lbs 8oz at 12.13noon.
All was well although her breathng was heavy.... so to cut a LONG story short.
She was whipped into intensive care from early hours Sat morn (26.2.11), she wa son a ventilator. Got a collapsed lung, and a mysterious chest infection.

After days and days in IC, she slowly got better and now she is home!!

I have never been so scared in my life. Lookign at your new wee baby in an incubator with all the tubes hanging out is horrendous but luckily she is now better and home.

Im putting it all to the back of my mind now and just thankful shes home.

SO???? hows life with your new wee babies?? pretty great eh?

let see all the other Lucky Thread babies

Attachments

• 100_2311.jpg
    100_2311.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 1
Oh Kathleen, she is so beautiful! What a terrible time you must have had. So glad she is better and that all is well in the end...I am very glad I didn't go looking for you...you must have been out of your mind with worry and just need your family around you. Enjoy being at home and take it easy. xxx

Kathleen, she's lovely! So sorry to hear she had such a rough start. Glad to hear she's home and doing well now!!

We took Aislinn for her check up today and she's down to 9 lbs 1 oz. I am really stressed by this--she's supposed to regain her birth weight by 2 weeks, she's 10 days today. How can she gain 15 oz in 4 days? I'm feeling really discouraged about breastfeeding right now, I feel like all this responsibility is on me and I have no control over how much she's getting. Also she is looking a little jaundiced too, so they want to do blood tests. I think this is also from breastfeeding and normal, but I'm second guessing myself all over the place.

Other than that, she looks great and she's grown 1/2 an inch.

Aw Kathleen she is beautiful and love the name! Sorry u had such a scary time, must have been so frightening for you, I'm glad she's home and well now!

Sophia try not to get disheartened, I think every breastfeeding mother thinks the same at some point. Juliette also lost a lot of her birthweight-12% which is so much that apparantly she should have been taken back in to hosp. I was told to express after each feed and to top her up with the extra with a spoon or cup (although unused a bottle) and she put on weight really quickly again. She also had jaundice so midwife said to put her cot in front of a window as the light would help it go.

We have a busy weekend here as it is dd's 4th birthday on sun so we are going to the cinema and bowling today and have presents and party for 20 kids on Sunday. All with no sleep! Wish me luck!

Will post more pics of juliette when I'm on the pc and not on my phone!

Xx

Lexi has lost 8oz of birth weight too, so its perf normal.
She also has jaundice, but i too am keeping her near the window and it should lift soon enough.

So whats your routine with feeds?
Im bottle feeding which is probably much more structured that yous who are BFing.

lexi gets about 60 - 80mls every 4-ish hours
AM and PM...........

how scary is the first night home? i kept checking her to see if she is breathing!

Also.......... i suppose we should move..
We are no longer Pregnancy after a loss..

Where to now ladies?

Aw Kathleen she is beautiful and love the name! Sorry u had such a scary time, must have been so frightening for you, I'm glad she's home and well now!

Sophia try not to get disheartened, I think every breastfeeding mother thinks the same at some point. Juliette also lost a lot of her birthweight-12% which is so much that apparantly she should have been taken back in to hosp. I was told to express after each feed and to top her up with the extra with a spoon or cup (although unused a bottle) and she put on weight really quickly again. She also had jaundice so midwife said to put her cot in front of a window as the light would help it go.

We have a busy weekend here as it is dd's 4th birthday on sun so we are going to the cinema and bowling today and have presents and party for 20 kids on Sunday. All with no sleep! Wish me luck!

Will post more pics of juliette when I'm on the pc and not on my phone!

Xx

Happy birthday to your little girl! What movie did you see? Did Juliette behave for all the fun?

I'm not able to express any milk by hand or with a pump--nothing comes out. I am supplementing a little with formula now though after a feed because its freaking me out. I had supply issues with my other kids too.

How much time in the sun for jaundice and how long did it take to go away?

Lexi has lost 8oz of birth weight too, so its perf normal.
She also has jaundice, but i too am keeping her near the window and it should lift soon enough.

So whats your routine with feeds?
Im bottle feeding which is probably much more structured that yous who are BFing.

lexi gets about 60 - 80mls every 4-ish hours
AM and PM...........

how scary is the first night home? i kept checking her to see if she is breathing!

I'm feeding every 2-3 hours round the clock. Waking the baby up to feed since I'm worried about her weight gain.

Also.......... i suppose we should move..
We are no longer Pregnancy after a loss..

Where to now ladies?

Um...? I dunno? I haven't checked out the baby forums. You ladies name the place and I'm happy to go there. I'm guessing Baby Club or the Groups & Discussions to start our own group there?

I have to say every day I am SO grateful to not be pregnant anymore!!!!!

Hi ladies,

Jude also lost 10.3% of his birth weight....he has not put anything on for two days and I am stressing too....having to wake him up to feed is horrible, but what can you do? He fights like hell not to go on the breast, then falls asleep once he is on!!! I sometimes feel like throwing in the towel and just going on formula but I have come this far!!!

Other than that, it is so amazing to have him here...their faces as this stage are so comical and he looks very like his daddy, frowning away!!!

hope you are all good.

Kathleen - I saw on the news about the babies in the PRM with the infection - one died. It is terrifying to think that an outbreak like that can happen. I am so glad that Lexi is ok. I can't believe that when you are there with your baby, noone tells you that this is all going on right there under your nose. I had absolutely no idea.

Hope you all have a good day with not too much screaming!!! I had the worst day yet yesterday.....think he has a wee cold. xxx

Karen--try pumping his arm up & down when he falls asleep at the breast. That helps Aislinn wake up enough to take a couple more swallows. I'm frustrated too. We've started supplementing with a bottle when I'm totally dry and she's still starving, so she's taking maybe 4 oz a day from the bottle, spread over 2-3 feedings after I've nursed. Yesterday she had 10 wet diapers in 24 hours, where before she had 4. So I'm feeling it was the right thing to do, but terrified its going to kill my supply and end up FF. BUt maybe that's not the end of the world.

Sorry to hear he has a cold. :(

How often are your babies pooping? Aislinn hardly ever poops, but when she does its huge. I don't think she's pooped since Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->