**The Lucky Thread**

Karen - we were in the Neonatal ward when the consultant took us aside to explain the press were about to expose a BUG that was sweeping the ward. Luckily lexi was screened and tested safe. think this may have been why we were allowed her home quicker than antisipated.
Still seeing it on the news was frightening, as we had gotten to know other mums and dad in the Intensive care, so it wiould have been one of their babies that died. horrendous.

lexi only seems to be doing 1 poo per day - but my MW says this is fine.

And YES being not-pregnant is brilliant. Although the thought of drinking and a night out just does NOT appeal right now.

Hey girls I love that we are talking feeding, I love it that our babies are here! I am feeding every 3 hours roughly, I am trying to get into some sort of routine as I have the two of them! Juliette was very sleepy in the day and I kept having to wake her to feed but last couple of days she has been more awake. I'm getting her weighed tomorrow so we'll see how well she is doing then.

Her jaundice only lasted a couple of days, I just put her Moses basket under the window in our bedroom and fed her in front of the window too, hope no one could see! With supply issues I have read that the more they feed the more you make so maybe express anyway even if nothing comes out as it will trick your body into making more? I also read something about taking milk thistle or fenugreek to increase supply. Juliette poos loads but I also breastfed dd and I remember crying because she hadn't pooed for 5 days, it is normal for breastfed babies as they are absorbing all the nutrients so not so much to poo.

It looks like the jaundice is on the way out.

But now we both have thrush. Ridiculous. I hope the meds work fast.

I made us a new thread under Parenting Group discussions:

https://www.babyandbump.com/parenti...-babies-born-late-feb-2011-a.html#post9577449

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->