The molar thread!

Oh dear, think I may have a problem :hissy:

I did a HPT this morning & it's darker than a few days ago, my OPK's are also reading positive now too. I've just given a sample of blood this morning, so should know by thursday whats going on.

What is my body doing? lol, it's gone nuts this week!!

Really? i hope you're ok? very strange things going on for you...:hugs:

how do you feel about it all?
Your hcg has been good though hasn't it, so far...?
what did dr/nurse say about whats been going on this morning? or did you not see them today?

you poor thing, it must be so horrible and stressful, with all this going on :hugs:

Sorry meant to say i'll know my results 3pm friday, it takes a day to get it to CCH & then they test it :dohh:

I feel OK about the bleeding, at least the stuff I have in my womb is coming out.
I passed another small piece of tissue just now.
The advisor at CCH said this is a very good sign my body is shedding the molar/retained tissue rather than supporting it.
I personally think I need another D&C, as the last one took hardly anything out, but then I'm not a doctor. I feel OK in myself, maybe a bit tired & fed up, but I've probably lost a couple of pints of blood, so it's not suprising. I'll get a blood count done if I start feeling really washed out, but I think I'll be fine, there's plenty of me :)

I'm deffo not going to make it to less than 5miu within the 56 days now :(

TBH I'm OK about it tho, I think I've finally admitted defeat & accepted the fact I will have to wait a while before getting my neg & trying again.

Sorry meant to say i'll know my results 3pm friday, it takes a day to get it to CCH & then they test it :dohh:

I feel OK about the bleeding, at least the stuff I have in my womb is coming out.
I passed another small piece of tissue just now.
The advisor at CCH said this is a very good sign my body is shedding the molar/retained tissue rather than supporting it.
I personally think I need another D&C, as the last one took hardly anything out, but then I'm not a doctor. I feel OK in myself, maybe a bit tired & fed up, but I've probably lost a couple of pints of blood, so it's not suprising. I'll get a blood count done if I start feeling really washed out, but I think I'll be fine, there's plenty of me :)

I'm deffo not going to make it to less than 5miu within the 56 days now :(

TBH I'm OK about it tho, I think I've finally admitted defeat & accepted the fact I will have to wait a while before getting my neg & trying again.

oh i'm sorry dan-o, thats tough.:hugs:
Does sound to me like you need another d&c aswell, but neither am i a doctor!
It's good that it is all coming out though.. better out than in...at this stage!

be careful about the blood loss though! i fainted after my last m/c with all the blood loss, was enjoying the slightly drunk kinda dizzy feeling,:loopy:
and wham, next thing i'm out cold, wasn't so much fun after all!:dohh:

my fingers are well and truly crossed for good beta results for you tomorrow, you never know!:hugs:

Got my hCG back, it's down to 50. (58 a week ago)

Good it's going down at least, I guess :shrug:

I asked charing cross if they are any closer to giving me a concrete diagnosis yet, so she looked on the computer...

They still haven't received my pathology slides from my hospital, they requested them 3 and a half weeks ago :shock:
For gods sake, I'm so pissed off :hissy:
It's 8 weeks to the day since my ERPC & I'm still no closer to diagnosis, treatment or recovery. If I wasn't having all this trouble with bleeding, you can bet your boots I wouldn't be preventing. What a waste of time.

I asked charing cross if they are any closer to giving me a concrete diagnosis yet, so she looked on the computer...

They still haven't received my pathology slides from my hospital, they requested them 3 and a half weeks ago :shock:
For gods sake, I'm so pissed off :hissy:
It's 8 weeks to the day since my ERPC & I'm still no closer to diagnosis, treatment or recovery. If I wasn't having all this trouble with bleeding, you can bet your boots I wouldn't be preventing. What a waste of time.

Why are they keeping us waiting????? arrrgghh!!
surely our suspected conditions should be getting a bit of priority considering?
anyway, it's good that it's going down for you!!
Has it stoppped or anything?
I'm around 6-7 weeks since, and no confirmation either, not even a warning not to be ttc!?

which leads me on to my naughty goings on...:blush: :sex: tut tut!
I've been a bit naughty, and haven't exactly been preventing as such... as in quite the opposite!
I feel a bit guilty, as i just found out i have a new appointment with the docs on tues, and by that time could well be too late....:blush:
BUT.... haven't been told anything yet, and... consultant i spoke to originally said it really didn't matter...! :muaha:

I'm a bit scared though, that they'll give out to me..actually a lot scared.. i'm terrified of drs at the best of times.. (i'm weird!)

which leads me on to my naughty goings on...:blush: :sex: tut tut!
I've been a bit naughty, and haven't exactly been preventing as such... as in quite the opposite!

PMSL, that made me LOL!!! You bad girl!! :rofl:

how are you?
let us know when you can?
I hope everything went ok for you today, have been thinking of you.:hugs:

hi all

I had a molar pregnancy when i was 18 years old. It was the most traumatic and upsetting experience of my life and still is to this day. my urine was tested religiously for 2 years and i finally got the all clear when i was 20.
I am now ttc and am so scared it will happen again.
Sending lots of hugs to anyone who has similar experiences. xx

hi all

I had a molar pregnancy when i was 18 years old. It was the most traumatic and upsetting experience of my life and still is to this day. my urine was tested religiously for 2 years and i finally got the all clear when i was 20.
I am now ttc and am so scared it will happen again.
Sending lots of hugs to anyone who has similar experiences. xx

gosh two years?? thats a loooong time-you poor thing!!
I'm sure it won't happen again, it hardly ever does... unless you're me that is! BUT i had a couple of partials, and they are prob unrelated to each other as were 9 years apart.. it is a worry though i know... a scary thought having to go through all that again, i understand...

how long ago was it for you?

Hi ethan amelia, thanks for sharing your story, wow!
:hug:

How are you doing this week guys?

Hi....I'm poking my head in tentatively and (meant with no offense at all) hoping I don't have to join you.

I've just been told today I've had my second mc.....the first a mmc 6 moths ago at 9+4 and today I should have been 7 weeks, but the scan showed no heartbeat and what the doctors said concerned them was a partial hydatidiform molar. I'm off back for emergency D&C (again) tomorrow.

Now the thing that confuses me, is that i don't think my HCG levels have been high....my conception indicators were spot on, and I went for an early scan because of lack of pregnancy symptons, whereas I understand higher levels of nausea and vomiting are assiciated with molar. In my first (successful) pregnancy....I was diagnosed with hyperemisis, which is severe morning sickness, so I should have been prone to good amounts of sickness in this pregnancy even if the levels were normal. My boob soreness disappeared last week and my belly remained very flat.

Does anyone know if you can have a molar pregnancy without increased HCG levels?

Hope you don't mind me asking....thanks in anticipation x

Oh lyns, I am so sorry to hear that.

I also had no sickness, hardly any pg symptoms, uterus normal for dates (but baby small) normal HCG and it never showed up on any of my 6 scans! Yet it was still a PMP!?

So confusing isn't it? I'm sure they make it up as they go along sometimes!

I hope you will be OK & don't have to join us in recovering from a molar.

Wishing you lots of luck & sending you lots of hugs for tomorrow :hugs:

I had my D&C yesterday - my Beta was 55000, which I didn't think was that high (I was 7 weeks exactly) but the consultant said could be in partial molar territory. I have to wait 2 weeks for molar to be confirmed or not.

I'm very scared as I'm 40 in a couple of months and I don't really have a lot of time left...never mind time to take off. This is my second loss now.

Does anyone know how high their Beta results were? And at what stage?

Thanks xxx

HI Lyns, hope you are feeling a little better :hugs:

I've never been told my beta from before my D&C, but I have them from 8 days afterwards & onwards if that helps at all? I should ask, as I;m sure they took one, I just keep forgetting :dohh:

I think I'm just an information junkie. I always feel I need to be fully infomred. I think I drive the doctors mad, as they never get to tell me anything, as I'm always firing off questions and then telling them what the score is!

My research so far, tells me frustratingly, I have pretty much a 50/50 chance of this being molar.....some things, were quite indicative....some seemed to indicate it wasn't.....here's hoping and praying for good news soon. God knows after 2 losses (and a 2yr old daughter who was born with cancer) I really would like a normal happy TTC succcess....sooner rather than later....

hey girls..ive had a bit of bad news today so i thought i would share my story with you. ill try to keep it as short as possible.

i found out i was pregnant in february and after noticing some dull pain in my lower left side i went to see my doctor who referred me to the EPU for an early scan. at the scan there was no real evidence of a pregnancy no yolk sac or featal pole. they took my HCG levels which seemed normal at the time. a few scans later and there still didnt seem to be any progression in the "babys" size and no heartbeat. my HCG levels still remained to climb and after 5 or 6 scans the consultant said it would be best to have a d&c as they couldnt see the pregnancy continuing.
after the d&c everything seemed to be fine they said it went well and that my placenta would be sent off for testing. I did some research on molar pregnancies as i had a funny feeling inside that something would come back. I didnt have any symptoms out of the ordinary, no bleeding and my morning sickness wasnt any worse than it should be. but something inside just didnt feel right.
6 weeks after the d&c i get a phonecall from the hospital asking me to come in and see the consultant again. So ive been in today and she told me that the results have come back and have shown that i have had a complete molar pregnancy. i just kind of felt numb and shocked for a moment before tears started to stream down my face. as i had already read up on them and heard the chances of them turning cancerous i was pretty clued up on what she was about to tell me.
ive been referred to sheffield and now have to send urine samples off every couple of weeks to make sure that my HCG levels dont rise. i have done a pregnancy test and it was negative so the consultant said that was a very good sign as once the levels fall its unlikely they will start to climb again.

the worst part for me is not being able to try for a baby again for 12 months.... im devastated.there is nothing i want more in the world and now its been temporarily taken away from me.

xxx

Oh dear, I am so sorry tinadecember :(

Great news your tests are negative tho!!

I also find the 'not allowed to TTC' part the hardest to get my head round :hugs:

Sending you lots of :hug:

:hugs: for you tina xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"