The molar thread!

roc,

im so sorry that you have had 2 molars :( i feel traumatised enough just having the one. youre a brave lady indeed :)

hopefully me and o/h can start trying again in October if my levels stay low enough. it seems like a long way away but it will be worth it in the end.

xx

Roc, good to hear from you hun! :hugs:

I know how you feel about the weight, I've put on a fair bit too. Yuck!!

Thats a good plan, I'm also going to use my follow up time (when I'm back to 'normal' levels) to get super healthy, especially if I need chemo, as thats a deffo no TTC scenario!! :shock: (eek!)

Sending :hug:

oh dan-o do you think it will come to that for you? :hugs:
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing anyway (a really scary one obviously) but might it move you along, it just seems that evrything is dragging for you?:hugs:

are they actively doing anything for you at the moment?

Yes they think I will most likely need treatment, if my levels rise again.

I think I deffo need something, even if it's just another D&C?

They aren't doing anything at all yet, but if todays sample isn't what they want to see, I have to go up to CX. Just my luck eh? lol xx

roc,

im so sorry that you have had 2 molars :( i feel traumatised enough just having the one. youre a brave lady indeed :)

hopefully me and o/h can start trying again in October if my levels stay low enough. it seems like a long way away but it will be worth it in the end.

xx

thanks tinadecember!
don't feel too brave though, i've actually been really lucky with both, as in i haven't had any complications with either, my hcg levels were down within a couple of weeks and a/f appeared after about 3 1/2 weeks, so i'm actually counting my blessings!! but thanks!
Also mine were both partial, which isn't as bad as a complete.
I think you're much braver than i!!:hugs:

I'm sure October will fly in and you'll be getting you're bfp in no time! i have my fingers crossed for you!
I'm the month before, so you never know all of us on here may end up being bump buddies!!
how are you doing anyway?

Roc, good to hear from you hun! :hugs:

I know how you feel about the weight, I've put on a fair bit too. Yuck!!

Thats a good plan, I'm also going to use my follow up time (when I'm back to 'normal' levels) to get super healthy, especially if I need chemo, as thats a deffo no TTC scenario!! :shock: (eek!)

Sending :hug:

oh dan-o do you think it will come to that for you? :hugs:
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing anyway (a really scary one obviously) but might it move you along, it just seems that evrything is dragging for you?:hugs:

are they actively doing anything for you at the moment?

Yes they think I will most likely need treatment, if my levels rise again.

I think I deffo need something, even if it's just another D&C?

They aren't doing anything at all yet, but if todays sample isn't what they want to see, I have to go up to CX. Just my luck eh? lol xx

when will you know what's going on?
i think you're right about another d&c at least, how long has this been going on for now?
you're so positive, i'm thinking of you, and hoping there'll be some end in sight for you soon hun xxx :hugs:

Let us know when you hear whats going on ! xxx

roc,

xx

thanks tinadecember!
don't feel too brave though, i've actually been really lucky with both, as in i haven't had any complications with either, my hcg levels were down within a couple of weeks and a/f appeared after about 3 1/2 weeks, so i'm actually counting my blessings!! but thanks!
Also mine were both partial, which isn't as bad as a complete.
I think you're much braver than i!!:hugs:

I'm sure October will fly in and you'll be getting you're bfp in no time! i have my fingers crossed for you!
I'm the month before, so you never know all of us on here may end up being bump buddies!!
how are you doing anyway?

i dont think its actually sank in that ive had a complete molar i only found out 3 weeks ago. im okay though :) i have sent my first sample off to sheffield on Monday im considering ringing up today to see if they have the results. what do you think? how many days does it normally take?

im hoping its quite low as ive had 3 negative pregnancy tests now. yeyy!! i hope we are bump buddies :)

how are you anyway? xx

YEYYY!!

ive just rang sheffield for my first results and they are "normal" :) heres hoping all future results are x

YEYYY!!

ive just rang sheffield for my first results and they are "normal" :) heres hoping all future results are x

Thats Great for you!:thumbup: :hugs:
hopefully everything should be fine now, i haven't heard of anyone getting a normal, then have it go up, so i'd say it's all good for you!!
how lucky are we?!
Must be a relief for you, i never thought i'd ever get excited over :bfn: s, did you!?
Here's to being future bump buddies!! :dance:

Fab news you are normal hun!!! :yipee:

aww well done you!!! so what happens now?? u need to wait 6 months b4 trying??? mine r down to 19 today!! better than 33 the past two weeks!

Woohoo, your levels are looking good brookie! xx

aww well done you!!! so what happens now?? u need to wait 6 months b4 trying??? mine r down to 19 today!! better than 33 the past two weeks!

well i asked what my actual level was and she said "i cant discuss your exact level but anything under 40 is considered normal" it must be very low though because ive been having negative pregnancy tests.

i asked what happens next and she said that i have to have 8 normal weekly urine samples then i can start fortnightly samples. i have a good feeling though :) x

YEYYY!!

Thats Great for you!:thumbup: :hugs:
hopefully everything should be fine now, i haven't heard of anyone getting a normal, then have it go up, so i'd say it's all good for you!!
how lucky are we?!
Must be a relief for you, i never thought i'd ever get excited over :bfn: s, did you!?
Here's to being future bump buddies!! :dance:

thanks hun! im hoping everything is fine and dandy now :) we are quite lucky im thanking my lucky stars right now i feel on top of the world.

i hope we are bump buddies soon :happydance:

I'm off to charing cross ladies, my latest beta has risen again. Drat!

I'll keep you posted xx

aww is it??? i got told that since its fell to 19 ill have another test this week n if its either the same or has lowered ill go onto fortnightly ones...for peeps who do the same thing the hospitals all seem to have different ways of doing it! lol i was told that to be considered "safe" the hcg had to be below 25....strange lol x

hey girls,

just rang sheffield this morning for my results again and theyre still normal :happydance: she gave me the level that im at and its 24 but she said anything under 40 is considered normal.

i asked because i had a complete molar would i have to wait for 12 months before ttc and she said as long as my levels stay as they are then it will defo only be 6 months. but shes unsure weather it will be from the date of my evacuation or the date of my first normal result.

i was having negative pregnancy tests 4 weeks after my d&c so my levels had to be normal then!! i hope i dont have to wait until 6 months after my first normal result because it will take it from being able to start ttc in October to December bah :( xx

hey girls,

just rang sheffield this morning for my results again and theyre still normal :happydance: she gave me the level that im at and its 24 but she said anything under 40 is considered normal.

i asked because i had a complete molar would i have to wait for 12 months before ttc and she said as long as my levels stay as they are then it will defo only be 6 months. but shes unsure weather it will be from the date of my evacuation or the date of my first normal result.

i was having negative pregnancy tests 4 weeks after my d&c so my levels had to be normal then!! i hope i dont have to wait until 6 months after my first normal result because it will take it from being able to start ttc in October to December bah :( xx

hey hun, i don't think you will have to wait, i was told in a letter that if your results return to normaal within 56 days, it's from the end of the pregnancy, anything over and it's from the first normal result, so i reckon that's what they will say to you!

I'm off to charing cross ladies, my latest beta has risen again. Drat!

I'll keep you posted xx

good luck Dan-o, i hope this brings an end in sight for you hun, i'll be thinking of you. :hugs:

hey girls, woah its way too hot here! beautiful outside though:) just rang sheffield and my results are normal for the 3rd only 5 more then i can go onto fortnightly testing.

hows everyone holding up? xx

I got Pregnant in July of 2008 and lost the baby at 8 weeks. Firgured it was just timing was off. Off and on for the next couple months I kept getting sick and bleeding every now and then. Went back to the Dr in November when they did the ultrasound i thought that i was having another miscarrige but they told me that they thought that the last one was actually molar and that I needed to do a DNC. My HGC levels were extremely high. After having the DNC I was told that it was a molar pregnancy. It took 9 weeks for my levels to get back down to zero/ I was devastated as my sister in law was pregnant at the same time I just felt so down. We were advised not to try until the levels stay at zero for 6 months. But apparently metformin and birth control dont mix and on December 24th I found I was pregnant again. I was terrified and constantly had to go to the dr to get checked for the first few months but heartbeat was great and on
August 25th I gave birth to a 9lb happy and healthy baby boy.
I know that I didnt have to go through the chemo or anything but I just wanted to let all of you guys know that there is hope after a molar.

Thanks tanpat, sorry for your loss, but what a lovely outcome! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"