The molar thread!

I just got my results through, I'm down to 22 (lowest yet! :yipee:)
& my blood count has come back fine to go ahead with my next course of chemo, starting tomorrow!

Come on chemo, zap that molar, I want a normal result by the end of the month!!!!!! :D

& my blood count has come back fine to go ahead with my next course of chemo, starting tomorrow!

Come on chemo, zap that molar, I want a normal result by the end of the month!!!!!! :D

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
and one for luck...:happydance:!!!!
I'm delighted for you Dan-o!!
nearly there now!:hugs::hugs:

hmmm... those dancers didn't quite work out, but you get my meaning!!

I got Pregnant in July of 2008 and lost the baby at 8 weeks. Firgured it was just timing was off. Off and on for the next couple months I kept getting sick and bleeding every now and then. Went back to the Dr in November when they did the ultrasound i thought that i was having another miscarrige but they told me that they thought that the last one was actually molar and that I needed to do a DNC. My HGC levels were extremely high. After having the DNC I was told that it was a molar pregnancy. It took 9 weeks for my levels to get back down to zero/ I was devastated as my sister in law was pregnant at the same time I just felt so down. We were advised not to try until the levels stay at zero for 6 months. But apparently metformin and birth control dont mix and on December 24th I found I was pregnant again. I was terrified and constantly had to go to the dr to get checked for the first few months but heartbeat was great and on
August 25th I gave birth to a 9lb happy and healthy baby boy.
I know that I didnt have to go through the chemo or anything but I just wanted to let all of you guys know that there is hope after a molar.

What a great ending to your story :) it makes me tempted to start trying again before they say i can but i dont have the balls incase something goes wrong again x

dan-o im so pleased for you!!! there is light at the end of the tunnel it seems :happydance: hoping you will be joining me on having a normal result very very soon xxx

OMG!!!!!! Dan-O this is FANTASTIC!!!!! :hugs: :happydance:

Guess who's back to 'normal' girls????

ME!!!!!!!

Tuesday 7th - hcg- 4
Friday 10th - hcg>2!

:wohoo: :yipee: :happydance::wohoo: :yipee: :happydance::wohoo: :yipee: :happydance:

hi guys

i really need some support. I had a full molar pregnancy back in 2003, recieved follow up after my D and C and was given the all clear in 2005.

I am now 7 weeks pregnant for the first time since my molar and am so scared. i cry all the time and am so scared that it will happen again. I have been to see my doctor today and im booked in for an early scan next wednesday to see if there is a heartbeat.
We have been TTC for 2 months and i didnt think i would be so scared as i know its a rare for them to reoccur im just so paralysed by the fear of going next wednesday and my baby having no heart beat.

My OH keeps reassuring me that everything is going to be fine but i just dont know what to do. I was tempted to pay for a private scan so i can see if theres a heartbeat sooner (next wednesday feels like a lifetime away) but my gp told me that becuse babies dont get a heartbeat til about 5-6 weeks i need to wait abit longer.

Any support, advice would be greatly appreciated

Laura x

hey sorry you are feeling this way, ive had a complete molar too and i know i will be feeling the exact same when i next get pregnant..

im sure everything will be fine though :) the chances of a molar happening again are very very small so its unlikely that you will have another molar.

keep us updated. x

hi guys

i really need some support. I had a full molar pregnancy back in 2003, recieved follow up after my D and C and was given the all clear in 2005.

I am now 7 weeks pregnant for the first time since my molar and am so scared. i cry all the time and am so scared that it will happen again. I have been to see my doctor today and im booked in for an early scan next wednesday to see if there is a heartbeat.
We have been TTC for 2 months and i didnt think i would be so scared as i know its a rare for them to reoccur im just so paralysed by the fear of going next wednesday and my baby having no heart beat.

My OH keeps reassuring me that everything is going to be fine but i just dont know what to do. I was tempted to pay for a private scan so i can see if theres a heartbeat sooner (next wednesday feels like a lifetime away) but my gp told me that becuse babies dont get a heartbeat til about 5-6 weeks i need to wait abit longer.

Any support, advice would be greatly appreciated

Laura x

hey, i'm sure you'll be fine, i bet you don't even have any molar symptoms either? usually they get diagnosed because there's something wrong and people have gone for an early scan, it's so rare for it to happen again, it really is.
I am however one of the extremely rare ones , i had 2 partial molars, which is why i know there are usually some symptoms, so i really, really wouldn't worry, (i know easier said than done!) Even i'm not too worried about another molar for me next time, after my 2,the odds are still firmly stacked in my favour.
Try not to let it take from your joy at being pregnant again, at the end of the day can't control it, and worrying about what may or may not be, will only stress you out, i would just try to take everything as positive and presume all is well until told otherwise.
Just think, you'll probably look back on this time, and wonder why you did that to yourself, when all was fine!
Enjoy and get excited, try and make a concious decision not to think negatively(i know how hard and scary that is) but you'll feel better if you do!

If you need to talk, any of us ladies here, i'm sure, will be more than happy to help, you can pm me if you need to!

Let us know how you are getting on, and we'll get you through it all!:hugs:

How are you all doing this week molar ladies? :D xx

I had my laparoscopy on Sunday morning so I'm getting there :) Walking about like a Granny though! I'm bleeding already, is it possible for :witch: to be here already?

How are the rest of you doing? xxxx

Thought I'd bump this thread up, any new molar ladies out there? xx

Hi dan-o

After a very long wait I had my partial molar confirmed a couple of weeks ago. Am now at the bottom of the long steep walk to ttc again. Fingers crossed it flies by!

How are things with you? x

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that frankie. So you'll be in for a wait while you complete follow up I guess? That sucks! :hugs:

I'm doing nicely at the moment, just trying to get my cycles straight.
My HCG is still less than 2 & a scan showed my womb is normal again.

I'm only on fortnightly bloods now & for the next year (unless I get pg) which is a bit better, lol.. I have tiny scars on my veins from the last 8 months of continual blood draws!! :rofl:

How are your levels now, did you make it to zero within the 56 days?

:hug:

Hi dan-o

I've had my first test back as normal so I'm hopeful it will remain that way. I'm not really sure how the 56 day rule works. When does the 56 day rule start is it when the baby dies, from the first D&C or the second D&C. I don't think I am that bothered really I've resigned myself to the fact I have to wait 6 months so anything less is a blessing for sure.

Really glad to hear your doing well and be sure to keep us posted x

Wow, that is excellent news you are now testing normal frankietoo! :yipee:

I think the waiting guideline is 6 months (from the D&C) if your HCG is normal within 56 days of the D&C itself. Or if it takes longer to reach normal, it's 6 months from the first normal sample. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"