The new biodegradable nappies?

Kittee

Pregnant with #2!
Reaction score
Thoughts?

I'm unsure about being a first time mom and going straight to cloth. Seems a little complicated for me and DH to figure out.

So I figured a good compromise would be biodegradable nappies.

Anyone know if they really are better or not?

We used Nature Babycare from birth until 2 months or so. Byron came a bit early and I hadn't got my head round it beforehand then we were simply to busy to think about it for a while. In the end the nappies we got would've been a little too big for him when he was first born anyway. I found they were great and recently got some more in size 4 for a couple of days camping. I'd forgotten how small and neat disposable nappies are! I found they were fab and would recommend them. It helped ease the burden on my conscience at the carrier bags of nappies I was chucking out. I'd recommend getting biodegradable wipes too.

we used sainsbury eco ones for a little while, they were quite soft and we didn;t have any probs with them.

I use Nature Babycare at work as well as biodegradable wipes and nappy bags. Think they're fab.
They don't fold up as small as (say) Pampers BabyDry but then those aren't biodegradable..

One day when I have my own(hopefully not that far away) I'll be using biodeg. Nappies for the first crazy weeks and then cloth after that.

I used the natures babycare nappies and bags before I went cloth (and still do now to fill in the gaps until I have completed my stash!). I think they are fab. She has them on at night for 10ish hours sometimes and I have never had a leak yet. They are also pretty much the same price as pampers/huggies. Everyone who uses sposies should use them if you ask me!

I didn't really rate the Sainsburys ones (seemed to absorb at the front of the nappy and not at the back for some reason) , but I think if you read on the packet they aren't biodegradable - just sourced sustainably iykwim.

Hope that helps! :hugs:

Thank you all so very much! I was hoping I wasn't making a bad choice!

I will have some on hand for if we run out of cloth diapers while we are out, or have an accident.

biodegrade nappies only work if they are composted because if they go onto a landfill they are not able to biodegrade because of the other rubbish around it. I think they are better for your LO bum though as they have less chemicals

https://environment.about.com/od/recycling/a/biodegradable.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"