The new chick

loveylove

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here! I just found out yesterday that I'm 4w1d pregnant with my first! Me and OH have been actively ttc since December 2010.. So I got really lucky! I feel a bit out of my comfort zone at the moment.. Doesn't help not feeling great. Called the doc this morning se said she didn't want to see my until I was 8 weeks, is that normal? What will that appointment consist of?

Hope you're all well.. :flower:

hi there, congratulations and welcome to first trimester :)

i think my doctors give first app after six weeks but i just phoned for a general app not saying i was pregnant then told them there so they had to register me then :)

Congratulations! My doc saw me straight away but I won't see a MW until 10+ weeks when I will aslo have a scan. If you have any worries in the meantime though just call your doc :flower:

Yes, that sounds normal to me. I'm not sure how they do it where you are, but in the US they take your family history, send you to get blood drawn, sometimes do a pap smear, and sometimes do an ultrasound during the first appointment.

Yes, it was an agonizing wait for me-worse for you since you found out so quickly! I was 5.5 weeks when I found out! I managed to get in about 7.5 weeks though due to my "work schedule" ;)

My Dr did a pap, an U/S (though we could not hear hb yet) and felt my uterus. etc. Then they took like 298347489574 viles of blood. I was glaring at DH saying "YOU did this to me!" Hahah

Welcome, and congrats!! My 1st appt. here in the US was right at 8 weeks, and pretty much the same as courcourt's. They gave me a bunch of prenatal samples to try to:)

I'm at 11 weeks and yesterday saw my baby for the first time. I did however see a nurse at about 9 weeks who told me what to expect throughout my appointments and on that day I got a bunch of blood drawn for tests. It is normal..try not to worry, although it is easier said than done.

hey i had to call and as to be put on the midwifes list and have got my apt for when im 7 weeks :) so sounds bout rite :) xxxx

Phew.. I guess if the receptionist hadn't asked I would have got an appointment today. I got my first appointment 22 Feb, how exciting!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->