The NO JUDGEMENT 'What did you vow never to do with LO but do now anyway?' thread!

Awwww kinda didn't expect many replies. Yay for sharing!

Common theme here - Co-sleeping, dummies and length or time breastfeeding.

I said I would BF for 6 months and then switch to FF when I introduced solids... I switched to FF at 3 weeks when I got ill.

We planned to keep Fin in our room til 4-6 months when he went in his cot... wasn't anticipating a 98th percentile length/91st percentile weight baby and he went in the cot in the nursery at 8 weeks xx

I said I wouldnt co-sleep since Jacob was 4 when we finally got him in his own bed but he has co slept with us from about a week old he is now 14 months so he will probably be 4 before going into his own bed :lol:

One thing I found funny was that I was desperate to cosleep AND give him a soother/dummy but he refused both :cry: What baby refuses cosleeping? I swear there are some wires crossed in this kid's brain

I said he wouldn't watch tv until he's a lot older but when I need to do something I pop him in front of Jeremy Kyle and he loves it!! :-/

I said he's always go to bed early but cause of where we used to live it was a past midnight proper bedtime (only just managed to get him to sleep at half 9! So we're getting there!)

I Also said no dummies but he had one from day 3 and I am so glad I did it cause he sttn from that day onwards :)

haha jeremy kyle thats what i do lol plonk lo in swing jezza on and i hoover :haha::haha: give me a few mins i will think of more x:haha:

One thing I found funny was that I was desperate to cosleep AND give him a soother/dummy but he refused both :cry: What baby refuses cosleeping? I swear there are some wires crossed in this kid's brain

my LO has never wanted to cosleep either, she is the most independant little madam ever!!1 :haha:

Oh god havent read the thread but-
I swore blind I wouldnt co-sleep, wouldnt formula feed, wouldnt pick her up the second she started crying, would wait til 6 months to wean and that she would be my only child!

Funny how things turn out hehe! I like reading the threads in the tri's from first time mummies about the things they will/wont do, obviously I dont comment but I always think "you just wait!!"

for me it is the Dummy! I swore he would NEVER have one, but I'd bought one in case of desperate times! And when colic strikes, times are desperate! He loves it, I am trying to ration it though. I also swore i would use reusable nappies, but he has been in Pampers so far!!!!! I keep promising myself I'll try the re-useables but then I get lazy!

Because of my other 2 children I didnt make ANY plans as I knew you just dont know what kind of baby your gonna get!They allmost always make up their own rules.:blush::haha:

I was definitely going to breastfeed until 6 months - actually it was 6 weeks

Definitely no Iggle Piggle (I really really hated Iggle Piggle)- He had an Iggle piggle top he has a talking one my sister donated, I bought him and Iggle piggle book today and I learned the In the Night Garden theme tune on my guitar lol

I certainly wasn't going to be one of those mothers that all they talk about is their kid - yeah right lol I don't know what else to talk about anymore apart from xbox

No baby jars they're a waste of money- um not when they're 10 for £4.50 and I'm still learning to cook healthy. I am improving now he's older and can eat more.

I think the worst was I was going back to work when he was 3 months old. -I'm going back in a couple of weeks and I still don't wanna

I said I would bf I did for a little while but gave up
I said he wouldnt have a dummy he did and then gave it up at 6 months
I said I wouldnt wean early, I weaned at 4 months

Great thread :) x

First I said I would NEVER have kids! :rofl:
Said I would let her cry so I wouldn't spoil her, but now I could care less if she's spoiled!
Said I would never breastfeed, even had bottles bought! But I did it anyway.
Said I would never co-sleep! Although we're weaning her off that now, I still did it!

*I didn't want to FF (not a 'never', but at least a 'not from the start'), that one didn't go quite according to plan.
*I definitely didn't want to co-sleep once she outgrew her Snuggle Nest- the in-laws kind of screwed up that one for us. :dohh:
*I didn't want to feed her unhealthy foods after weaning- unfortunately there's a lot of junk food about the house here and she gets a taste of anything she wants. *sigh* She's even managed to get hold of a lollipop when I wasn't looking!

We said no dummies too, gave in at about 3 weeks old.:blush:
I was sooo scared of co-sleeping (mw do a good job at putting you off), but it's the only way to get that vital extra 30 mintues sleep in the morning sometimes :sleep: (easier to put DS's dummy :baby: back in if he's next to me than across the room in his cot).
We're not doing too bad with the getting out of the house every day for a walk, but some days I just can't be bothered!:haha:

I said I wouldnt b/f (personal reasons) I did, though only exclusively for 2 days, then combi for 2wks.
No to coming in our bed.... aaaah that extra 1/2hr when daddys gone to work.....
No dummy out and about (though I only have it in my bag he rarely uses it, prefers his thumb)
The only thing I have stuck to is NO disney lol

I also said no dummy. Now I've witnessed how quickly it calms her down it's my greatest ever purchase! :haha:

I said I wouldn't use formula. My breasts said otherwise.

I said I wouldn't dress her in pink very much. Then everyone bought pink outfits for her. Seems a shame to waste them all.

I also had vague notions of cloth nappies, but gave up on that idea before she was even born!

Love this thread! :thumbup:

I said I wouldn't have many pink clothes and dress her in pink much. Now I open her wardrobe and there's a ton of pink in there!! Luckily she has a lot of non-pink clothes too lol!

Thats about it so far, but will probably change over the coming weeks!!! I did say about the dummy, but then we did try to use it but she refuses to take one, so it's not quite the same lol!

Before having my baby I used to think playpens were cruel :lol: I don't know why??:haha: if my front room was big enough I would much rather she was in a playpen than the floor.

I also said I would start weaning when she had teeth :haha: what was I thinking?? Lol

I said I would only breastfeed for six months.

I said I would never co-sleep. We did for the first 2 weeks because it was the only way she would sleep.
I said I wouldn't give her formula. She's been exclusively FF since she was 3 weeks old due to her "rejecting" me.
I said no soother - she was given one in the hospital so she would stay calm under the lights (jaundice) and has had one ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"