The no symptoms club

I get worried about my lack of symptoms too. When I got pregnant, I never got the dark areolas, no implantation bleeding, no veins on the BBs, no implantation cramps, nothing.

Now all I have is the occasional cramp and some nausea in the mornings, but I haven't thrown up yet. It's more like my stomach is just turning and I feel like I COULD throw up, but I never do.

I'm not exactly complaining that I'm not throwing up, but I wish I had more symptoms so I could be assured something isn't wrong.

I never had any of those things either - I mentioned on another bit that I'd had bleeding with dd at 5 weeks ish which I think was implantation but with this one...nothing.

I'm trying to set my mind set as "there's no point in worrying because I won't know until May" (when my 12 weeks scan is) but it is difficult, I also read a comment on here once where someone had said something along the lines of you're getting symptoms which is a sign that things are fine which threw me a little and made me worry more. But it is true...you can have a pretty symptomless pregnancy and it all be fine!

I imagine out scans will be quite close together? My edd is 21st November, I've had my scan dates through as 11th May and 3rd July (20 week)

Xx

My first scan is April 28th, but I'm hoping to have it moved up. Another reason I'm terrified of miscarrying is that my father was diagnosed last week with a genetic blood clotting disorder called Factor V Leiden, which may or may not have passed to me. I'm undergoing testing in 10 days, and if I have it, my chances of miscarriage shoot up and I move from a normal pregnancy to a high risk pregnancy. So this is another reason I'm symptom spotting like a madwoman, I want to make sure everything is okay.

Oh gosh, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad, is he ok? I would be exactly the same as you with the symptom spotting, but try not to panic, I'm glad they're doing the testing early for you. I imagine the next ten days will feel quite long :hugs: my oh has a genetic disorder in his family (a form of muscular dystrophy) and we had to go through testing before trying as the form is fatal, it's a scary time. I hope it all goes ok for you and baby xx

It's funny how it is so different in the us you guy see a doctor/midwife straight away and get a scan around 8 weeks?

In the uk you don't see anyone till 8-10 weeks and scanned at 12-14 weeks x

I agree and even sometimes the differences between different regions of the UK. The protocols can vary so much! X

Other than tiredness, need to have an afternoon nap now I have absolutely nothing. At first I wanted some kind of symptom just to let me know I am pregnant but nope not a thing.

Hey

I'm in the same boat, no real symptoms, and the ones that are there are so mild I feel like I'm imagining them! 1st pregnancy so have nothing to compare it to it either

Tired in the afternoons, erect nipples, and I can't stand the taste/texture of bananas, mild cramps. That's it. In NZ it's quite similar to the UK, I see my midwife next week when I am 8 weeks along and then I get a scan at 12 weeks. I have this stupid fear that I somehow misread the 4 tests I took and when I go in for the scan they are gonna be like "There is no baby in there, crazy woman!"

But my boss and my MIL both told me they never had M/S either and felt really good during pregnancy, so maybe we are just lucky eh!

Hey

I'm in the same boat, no real symptoms, and the ones that are there are so mild I feel like I'm imagining them! 1st pregnancy so have nothing to compare it to it either

Tired in the afternoons, erect nipples, and I can't stand the taste/texture of bananas, mild cramps. That's it. In NZ it's quite similar to the UK, I see my midwife next week when I am 8 weeks along and then I get a scan at 12 weeks. I have this stupid fear that I somehow misread the 4 tests I took and when I go in for the scan they are gonna be like "There is no baby in there, crazy woman!"

But my boss and my MIL both told me they never had M/S either and felt really good during pregnancy, so maybe we are just lucky eh!

Definitely lucky! I still haven't had anything in the way of symptoms really, but am taking it day by day and seeing how I feel. Majorly hungry at the moment though, literally can't stop eating!

I took pictures of my tests because of my thoughts like yours about misreading them. It's so strange what your mind does isn't it?!

Xx

I told my midwife about taking 4 tests because I was in disbelief and she laughed and said it's near impossible to get a false positive, still, I have those thoughts lol

Being pregnant has turned me into some kinda crazy symptom watcher. My husband said, no one else might know your pregnant but Google sure does!

Just to give some reassurance, with my daughter all I had was tiredness and achy boobs from time to time. I didn't 'feel' pregnant until 20 plus weeks when I started to feel her move. With this pregnancy my son, same thing. I did get on and off nausea every so often but nothing bad at all. Otherwise this pregnancy has mirrored my daughters.

My friend who has had three miscarriages between 8 and 12 weeks, she had every symptom in the book and still lost them.

Some women are able to handle pregnancy very easily and others have a rough time.

Good luck in all of your pregnancies everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->