The Northern Ireland Crew!!

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
I thought I'd set up a wee thread here ladies, so we don't have to keep ambushing the meets section! Sooooo... how are we all?

THE NORTHERN IRELAND CREW:

NuKe (mummy)
NIfirsttimer (mummy)
Stiletto_Sam (mummy)

lizzy_moon (ttc)
tiggertea (mummy)
sweetlullaby (mummy)
craftymum (mummy)
xpinkpandax (mummy)

lauzie84 (mummy)
Heulyn (pregnant)
Kitten.B (pregnant)
tashaclaire (pregnant)

dragonfly (mummy & pregnant)
LittleAurora (mummy & pregnant)
holywoodmum (mummy & pregnant)

zipp (ttc)
noja (pregnant)
Marie-Louise (mummy)
Minx (ttc)
EmyDra (pregnant)

A bit about us!

NuKe (real name Lindsay, from Carrickfergus) - was NTNP for a year, then actively TTC for 6 months before falling pregnant with my daughter, Poppy. I would like 1 or 2 more babies. Pops is now 6 months old and we have started BLW! Poppy's current obsession is things with buttons, i.e. phones, remote controls. I loves growing my own veg and herbs and I'm obsessed with horror movies! I am COVERED in tattoos- ask Nifirsttimer or Stiletto_Sam!! I have a few piercings including stretched lobes. My dream is to become a midwife, so after I have another baby (yes I know lol) I'm going to get them off to school then start the training!

tiggertea - I'm Debbie, mummy to 1 little girlie - Abbie, who was born March '09. Want another ONE someday, but not soon lol, is that bad?!
Live near enough Dungannon (booorrriiiiiing!!).
Hmmmm something interesting? Er, I dunno, I's a short arse? 5ft0. Nope, that's not interesting... I'll get back to you on that one!! I'm an Usborne Rep? (www.littlebooklovers.co.uk)
My favourite activities... oooh too many now!! I spend alot of my time making things. Both for my website (click below) and in general. I also spend alot of time behind my camera. Have a wedding to photograph soon!!
www.monkeywishes.co.uk

NIfirsttimer - im kat, 31, living in Belfast with my Oh & our daughter Ruby, who just turned 1! am curently fighting the broodiness hard, as Im reluctant to put my self thru 9 months of hyperemesis again, its hard work fighting it tho! Im loving being a mummy, although this current stage is HARD work! As Sam said, we BLW, which is great fun! something interesting about me.....er.....ill get back to you on that one!

Stiletto_Sam - I'm Samantha and I'm ancient! Full profile can be found in my journals if you ever have a week to read through my bletherings, but in short...
I'm divorced and remarried (to a different man!) I have two strappin' lads aged 12 and 15 from my first marriage and now have a 15 yr old stepson and soon-to-be 18 year old stepdaughter (who doesn't live with us) as well as our totally planned little late one - Ellen, who just turned 7 months today.
I have two cats, two dogs - a miniature dachshund and a rescue Collie, a psychopathic rooster called Ping and 8 red hens who give us lovely eggs if we feed them well and are nice to them.
I am a graduate in communication and design from the Art College (University of Ulster at Belfast) and do my own crafty things at the moment, mainly for gifts fir family and friends. Hoping to launch out into the big wide interweb soon. I have worked as a figurine painter, a graphic designer, an au pair, was a librarian for 14 years and lately have been an advisor with the CAB. At present I'm a stay at home Mum and loving it.
I was a complete gym bunny up until I became pregnant and so ill I couldn't move for boking (NIfirsttimer will testify to that) I have run in the Belfast Marathon and done several 10k and 10 mile races (but came in one from last, but I don't care because I completed the course ) I'm fat now due to initial voracious appetite from breastfeeding and loving the taste of chocolate again after a terrible aversion to it in pregnancy and I am getting back to the gym as soon as OH agrees on the evenings that he's going to come in from work and release me from my child-rearing duties.
I have my belly button pierced and have 1 tattoo.
My children think I'm not wise, but not Ellen as she can't speak yet to voice her opinion on me.

EmyDra - I'm Emma, 20, single, working and living alone (and loving it!). I'm an import from England but FOB is a Newry-man...currently living in England
I live in Lisburn and work in M&S Sprucefield (3 weeks ago we were the best performing store in the whole of the UK - I rather like my job ) more specifically, in the Kidswear section (consistantly one of the best performing Kidswear sections in the business ).
My dream is to become a midwife, and I'd applied for nursing this year but as you can imagine it's now somewhat on hold. Perhaps it's a good thing I'm having bubs first?
I have two furbabies, cats, named Saffron and Rogue and also two dogs that I co-own but live with my parents, Lotte and Rio. I do love animals and I've whelped 3 litters of pups (one of the most amazing expriences).
I have a lot of varied hobbies that I go through phases of. I knit, crosstitch, make clothes and other arty crafty things (not always the best but I enjoy it!). I quite like baking and cooking...um shopping (need to cut down on that one) and last year over the summer I pole-danced which was amazing, and if I could've afforded it I would have kept it on - my arms were so fit! Hoping to do it agan if I can arrange baby care later on to get the pregnancy weight off (and more, I'm not a skinny minny :p). I've started swimming again because that's meant to be good during pregnancy?

Minx - A bit about me, well...... I'm 32, and TTC for the first time ever, so I'm finding the whole experience a bit mad, but exciting. Patience isn't my strong point so currently on my 2nd 2week wait and trying v v hard not to think about it too much (easier said than done)

Marie-Louise - I'm 29, live outside Omagh with my hubby and baby Matthew who is 3 months. Sam and NIfirsttimer, I too have also graduated from UU York street, I did a MSc in Future Communications and Creative Technology there in 2005/6.

xpinkpandax - I'm 25, TTC for over 2 years, started Clomid Dec 05, 1 MC Apr 06 , gave birth Mar 07 to my son who is now 3yrs old and such a menace!

NTNP Sept 08, diagnosed PCOS Apr 09, BFP (100% naturally) Aug 09, gave birth after failed VBAC to my princess (9 days over!) May 3rd 10

Couldn't wish for anything more, love my wee family

Kitten.B - I'm Catherine and I'm 29. Currently pregnant with my first, due on 8 November. We live in Bangor and I'm originally from near there (Crawfordsburn), while DH is from Lancashire (hence as Emy mentioned I 'imported' him!). No local friends who have babies so far and none with any immediate prospect so would love to get involved in any local meets etc once LO is here (and I am on lovely lovely maternity leave.... 10 weeks to go!).

Lunabean - I'm 25 (26 in Oct!)..and I've been in a same-sex relationship for the past 3 years. My OH is 22 and is currently doing her teacher training, which is why we moved up to Coleraine from Belfast 2 years ago. I'm an LGBT youthworker usually..but I'm working as a childminder at the minute. We've been TTC since June 09..I've had 5 pregnancies and 5 early losses since then..I've had a laparoscopy and was treated for extensive endometriosis...in July last year..and I'm currently waiting for an appointment with the recurrent miscarriage clinic (which I've been told can take up to 5 months), so I'm still trying in the mean time. I have alot of tattoos and piercings...a headcase of a dog who thinks its great fun to hide every sock in the house...I've just taught myself to knit but havn't managed to get past 8 rows cus I got bored (I have a very short attention span lol)...I'm going over to Reading in December hopefully to do my maternity nurse training, and I'm also stopping TTC for awhile in December if I'm not pregnant by then, because all these losses are getting abit much! Oh, and I also have epilepsy, so will have to have the baby in the Royal as I'm high risk, which will be slightly inconvenient since it's quite far away, so I'll probably have to be induced incase I go into labour up here.

holywoodmum - I'm from Holywood originally, lived in England for 9 years and brought my DH back here 3 and a half years ago.
We have two gorgeous girls, Charlotte was 2 in June and Bridget was born in August, 11 days late, and weighing 11lb!
I'm a secondary school teacher, but I'm taking a WHOLE year for maternity leave, and with school hols, that means I'm not back to work until September 2011!
Looking forward to meeting up with some of you local mummies!!

yo! im good... been cleaning like a crazy woman for the last 2 days, tho.. im tired, but ive got a TIDY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (doesnt happen very often!)

"tidy house"?? what is this?? mines a constant mess!!

Yeeeooooooow! Nice to have a 'house' of our very own. I'll put the kettle on. :coffee: What you ladies having and is there anybody else who should be calling round do you think?

XXX

*Knock knock* Can I come in and join please? x

Hi Lauzie, nice to meet you! Where in ni are you from? :flower:

I'm from Newtownabbey. What about everyone else? x

Im originally from Belfast, live up in crappy Coleraine now tho!

I'm from Newtownabbey. What about everyone else? x

I'm originally from N'abbey! Carnmoney! Were in N'abbey?? I live in Greenisland now, very close!! :happydance:

ah you're only up the road!! I'm from monkstown. If you're from greenisland you might know my friend sian? everyone knows her!lol!

If any Belfast girls are looking a day out, Belfast Pride is on the 31st July, the parade kicks off at 1pm and goes all round the town, then party in the square after, beside the Albert Clock, my wee gay family group are having a kids bit with a mini bouncy castle and face painting etc!! I'll be there with bells on,lol :thumbup:

'Bout ye new girls! Welcome. I'm from the Ards Peninsula. Used to live in Carrickfergus (well somebody has to) before moving here 5 years ago.

XXX

I brought some of my Victoria sponge.

ah you're only up the road!! I'm from monkstown. If you're from greenisland you might know my friend sian? everyone knows her!lol!

small world!!! I don't THINK I know sian- but we have only been living here about 7 weeks so have yet to meet many ppl outside our next door neighbours and the local shopkeepers!

'Bout ye new girls! Welcome. I'm from the Ards Peninsula. Used to live in Carrickfergus (well somebody has to) before moving here 5 years ago.

XXX

I brought some of my Victoria sponge.

I WANT SOME!!! I will have it with a cup of coffee and my Mother & Baby mag! :coffee:

Haha, Lizzie, I'd love to go, but I just asked the other half does he fancy a day out at Belfast Gay Pride and he just goes "Give My Head Peace!"

Not sure he's quite in touch with his feminine side enough to give that a go, but I'd be up for it!

:wave:
hellooooooooooooo new people!!

I'm from Dungannon. How boring!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back