the only way to get my lo to settle. . . .

mum2b2009

mummy of two boys!
Reaction score
Is putting him in his car seat. as soon as hes put in his moses basket he cries! im not sure its safe to keep him in his car seat as it might hurt his littie back? any advice plz x

I have to admit there have been times we've left Ellie in her carseat when we get in just to give us a chance to get things done! Last Sunday hubby took her out to get her to sleep so we could eat our roast dinner in piece. I'm no expert but I don't think it hurts them, she seems quite happy. With time he'll be cosy in his moses. Good luck x

I dont think its recommended that they stay in their car seat for longer then 2 hours hun.

maybe he likes being upright, you could try putting a blanket under his moses basket so hes more upright x

No advice, but a consolation ...babies change every week. This week they may like the carseat, the next they may like the swing... keep trying out new things to try to settle him every week. So you don't have to depend on the carseat.. it's definitely not intended for sleeping so... you be the judge.

my LO only slept in car seat or bouncy chair for first few weeks as she just would not settle in moses basket either. i just kept trying her in moses basket in the day to get her used to it and since abount 5 weeks old has slept all through the night in her basket.

Yeah the recommendation is 2 hours max for baby being in a car seat. Keep persevering with the basket, roll up 2 towels to make bolsters and then put a sheet or blanket over them and place baby in between them, it makes them feel more secure.

I wouldn't leave your LO in a carseat for more than two hours at a time. Although she prefers it, carseats have been proven to create severe spinal problems later in life, such as scoliosis and spina curvatures.

I agree about rolling up blankets beside LO, or maybe buy a sleep positioner that will have padding down her sides. It could be the angle she prefers, so maybe a bouncer would do it.

It isn't a good idea for long periods of time. I would persevere with the basket.

We had it at an angle and it really made a difference as Abby was prone to reflux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->