The Over 35 Newbies and not so's :)

ChelliBelle

Our little Girl!
Reaction score
Right ,

I thought that we could start a new thread in here so that we can keep in contact during our pregnancies- and if the other ladies join the TTC journey too (which i sincerley hope they do).

I've missed not been able to stress out with you all lol so I hope you will all join me :)

It took me far to long to find our thread from TTC! and i think its time we caught up again :)

Or indeed anyone one else that wants to join in too....we are not a private club lol

Hi Chelli, I'm in :thumbup:

I'm loving how everyone is proving my theory right! Although Fin was actually late too... I actually did all the hard work on his original due date of 15th November, but he was born the next day at 12.05am x

It's Fin's 2nd birthday next week, can't believe how grown up he is already. He's talking loads now and even puts 3 or 4 words together to form sentences sometimes. He is not doing so great on the potty training though! He'll sit on it but refuses to do any wee or poo on it... much prefers to do it in the bath!!

Hi Everything :)

Sounds like your Fin is just determined to do it in his own time lol- he'll start using it before you know it.

My neice wouldnt use the potty either, she went straight onto the toilet (with a little seat attachment) maybe Fin is the same?
My neice would just use her potty to store toys lol

And it's so lovely when they start talking sence 9well mainly) bet he'll be a chatter box lol

In answer to your other post- ive had little morning sickness- more nausea than anything, but only a couple of times of being actually sick. i dont feel like the tiredness has left me yet- it seems that no matter how much i sleep, i'm still yawning throughout the day lol...

It was fabulous to see my bunkin (its unofficial name :haha: ) They were kicking and moving about so much and an arm kept waving about- it was really cute :happydance:

I have my 20 week scan booked for 2nd week in Dec, so not far to go :)

and the midwife put me back 3 days!! sooooo, we will see if your theory is right lol

Hi ladies :flower:

I agree we need to catch up more and I don't want you talking to yourself Chelli so I'm in ;)

So how am I doing?

Maia is talking lots more all of a sudden too and completely melted me the other week when I was putting her to bed and she said 'I love you' :cloud9: The poor little girl is poorly this week though. She started with tonsillitis at the weekend and today developed an ear infection to go with it :-( She is (despite the new infection) lots and lots better than she has been today but doesn't have her appetite back yet. She hasn't really eaten anything for 5 days and although the doctors say not to worry you know how it is, you can't help but worry.

I'm pretty well though. Baby boy is baking nicely and I'm starting to collect lots of little blue things ready for his arrival :happydance:

I'm 23 weeks now and feeling good in myself. The only downer is I've developed a hernia (in fact it's probably been there since I was pregnant with Maia). It isn't giving me any bother at the minute which is good but I have to be careful with straining my abdomen to avoid it getting bigger and more complicated - not easy with a toddler and a horse but trying my best :shrug:

In other good news I've had a consultants appointment and I've been approved to try for a VBAC. If I can pull it off life with a toddler and a newborn will be sooo much easier :)

Anyway that's all from me for now but its nice to catch up again. I'm looking forward to keeping in touch more often. I've gone pretty quiet on here of late without you ladies to chat too x

Hi ladies, great to see everyone in one place again!

Starlight sorry about the hernia, sounds uncomfortable, where is it? Great news about the potential vbac!!

Chelli, will you find out the gender at your 20 week scan? I've got mine at the beginning of december too :)

Everything, bless your LO and the bath-poo's :haha: Sidneys beeen doing that a bit recently as well lol!! :sick:

As for me, I started bleeding heavily at 12 weeks & got diagnosed with a subchorionic bleed. It was bigger than the baby at the time and covering half the sac, so pretty touch and go. I've been keeping my feet up since and not lifting anything other than Sidney occasionally. I went for a private scan to check on things yesterday & the bleed is down to 4.5cm x 3.5cm now and looks more clotted, so I'm hoping things will be OK!
Other than that, baby is measuring exactly right and seems like a lively little chap! :cloud9:

Dan-o I'm so glad that your bleed is shrinking and clotting and that your little man is growing nicely in there :) It must have been so stressful for you, and I hope that some of that stress is easing now :hugs:

My hernia is just above my belly button. The doctors are saying it is very small but you can see it through my clothes. At the moment because its so close it looks like an outie belly button. My belly button stayed flat and didn't pop when I was pregnant with Maia and I hope the same happens this time, otherwise I will look like I have two outies :eek:

It isn't painful as such (and I've been told if it gets that way its a sign that I have complications and need to get to hospital) but it does get sore when I've overdone it or strangely when it gets cold.

I've been told that I will need surgery to repair it at some point which is another good reason to try for a VBAC now. They have ruled out the possibility of fixing it at the same time as a section so there would be a possibility that I recover from a section to have to go through surgery again shortly after. If this is inevitable I'm happy with it but at the same time wouldn't choose to put myself in that position if it wasn't absolutely necessary.

The good news about it is it won't cause any problems with my baby, which is a huge relief :) x

Hi Ladies! :flower:

M asleep so may have to dash off...

Chellibelle glad youre doing ok - yey for 20 week scan soon! not long to go!

Everything Xd - 2 wow bet thats flown! he sounds fab! poo in the bath lol! fun times!

Starlight Maia sounds so sweet! Hope she feels better soon! bummer about your hernia - glad they can sort it afterwards

dan-o glad the bleed is shrinking must have been a worry - so glad your little boy is growing well

isnt it funny were mostly having boys!

were good - i had physio and turns out i didnt have spd before its my old car crash injuries flaring up so ive got a fab support belt which is working a treat and am back ihto my old ways of doing things like i did the year or so after the crash and its made a massive difference already - wish Id known last time!!!

Martha is teething madly - molars are a pain but theyre actually coming through now so the pain has settled and shes sleeping again phew! was up every 20 mins a few nights!

shes trying to walk on her own and can do a few steps and then falls bless her shes v determined tho! shes chattering away in her own language v cute! she can say daddy and duck and biscuit and help and up :)

right best check shes not overheating in her snowsuit in the pushchair!

lovely to catch up :flower:

Starlight - I've got a small hernia in the same place as yours just above my belly button. I found it before I fell pregnant this time so it was as a result of my 1st pregnancy/birth. The doc told me the same thing about if it starts to hurt, but he didn't say anything about having surgery to fix it at any point.

Sorry in advance but I need to have a little whinge! I feel sorry for myself :haha: I'm on the sofa for the 3rd night in a row, getting hardly any sleep. I have a really bad cold, just can't stop coughing! I've been like it since Sunday night, I moved to the sofa so that at least OH could get some sleep. Then last night I hear him throwing up at 10.30pm, and he was up all night with S&D - some 24 hour bug that's doing the rounds at his work.

He had today (well yesterday now) off work but I still had to look after Fin all day cos he top trumped me on the ill stakes! I'm really worried I'm going to get the sickness bug... that's all I need at the moment. I feel so light-headed and weak from lack of sleep and the strain on my stomach / ribs from so much coughing... blurgh.

Ok, whinge over lol! Sorry!

I think you're ok to feel a bit sorry for yourself Everything, sounds horrendous :-( I hope you don't get the tummy bug to make it even worse.

Isn't that strange, we're hernia twins (is there such a thing? Well there is now!) I was wondering do you have, or did you ever have a belly button piercing? The doctor said mine probably came about in my pregnancy with Maia but was because I had my belly button pierced!! This doesn't really make sense to me as a belly button piercing is only superficial so I can't see it effecting your muscle wall in any way :shrug:

About surgery I was told they rarely bother with elective repairs these days so will not be repairing until they become problematic but that could be sooner or many years later.

Hope you and OH are well soon x

Thanks Starlight. Yes, I did have a belly button piercing! It pushed out more than 10 years ago and just left a little scar. When I was pregnant with Fin I got stretchmarks going up a couple of inches starting from my scar. I seriously regret having it done, and even more so now I know the hernia might have been caused by it...

... on the bright side, I now have a hernia twin!!! :happydance:

I had a totally crap night last night, on the sofa again. Managed only an hour or two sleep, and coughed so much I've now bruised my ribs both sides and pulled loads of muscles in my bump :cry: I was feeling so low I cried, but then I was dealt a big fat portion of perspective from my friend whose baby was delivered by emergency C section exactly 6 weeks ago. She texted with really good news about her little princess's progress, it still made me sit back and think about the complete nightmare they have had over the last 6 weeks... while all I've had is a cold for a week :shrug:

Yeahhhh looks like we're back up and running- although has anyone has contact with Hinky or Captain?
I often wonder how they are both doing.

Dani- hello again hun- sorry to hear your still having prblems with the bleed, but it's good that its shrinking in size. Must be a real worry tho...as if it's not all worry as it is!!

i will be finding out the gender hopefully at my 20 week scan. I can't wait, but it will soon be here. Its on the 11th :)

Now then "the Hernia twins"- what do i say to that lol.... hopefully it wont get any worse for the both of you.

Everything, hopefully you and the OH will feel better soon- don't beat yourself up for having a whinge- we all get a little self absorbed when we are ill and so we should! Your friends has been through the mill, and gladly her LO is doing well- but if your feeling pants then your feeling pants hun!!

Trying to keep your motivation up when ytour looking after hubby and LO, while being ill yourself aint easy!

Star- I hope Maia is feeling better, poor little might. Now what's a VBac lol <novice> :winkwink:

Rowan- Teething time! Can't help feeling sorry for your DD, molars must be the worse i'm sure! Hopefully it will pass quickly for her and you! :hugs:
Glad you've found a way to ease your pain with your support belt. Ive been looking at these- for later on obv. lol

Ok emotional woman alert!!
I am kicking myself at the min . I agreed to have the quad screening test (because of a major cock up i got my 1st scan way way too late to have the NT), and i dont know why! Now i'll be stressing if it comes back as highrisk (and what with my weight everything including the world economy is blamed on weight nowadays!!!!)
so i've almost convinced myself that with my age and weight it will come back as high risk- and i can think of nothing scarier than having an amnio- i've practically caused myself more stress!! I dont want an amnio because of the risk- and if the results come back as high risk i'll be stressing about that...

What have i done!!!!! I think i agreed because in my logical non emotional mind, having all the tests done, even if it meant having the amnio was the best option at my age..... clinical thinking, until i saw my little bumkin kicking and waving- and it all became so real that i'm too scared to do anything that would risk MC- and now i'll worry if it comes back highrisk.

Anyway- hope you dont mind me off loading. i dont know how to talk to the OH about it as he is very clinical in thinking generally, and he will just think get it done.

What do you all think?

:hi:

Just seen this thread. Lovely to hear everyone's news. As you know, we have been having a break from ttc and just having a bit of chill out time.

Seems to have worked as we got our :bfp: last week :happydance: and so far am getting good progression, much darker lines than we ever had with the early losses.

I won't be able to relax until after the first tri, as we've had so many disappointments, but for now we are on :cloud9:

I haven't heard from Captain for a while, but I've got everything crossed that she will not be far behind me :hugs:

Yeah Hinky! I am so so happy for you and DH!!! This is fantastic news :)

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

My fingers and toes are crossed crossed crossed for you.

2013 babies! rock on lol xx

Hinky yaaay!!! :happydance: Congratulations!! :happydance: I have everything crossed for a happy & healthy 9 months for you x

Chelli - try not to worry about the quad screening results. I don't know what impact weight would have on the results, and being a bit of a scrawnster my NT results wouldn't have been affected by it. BUT age is meant to be a big factor, yet my results came back as a risk of less than 1 in 10,000 (same as when I had Fin - its the lowest risk they do at my hospital). So it is still perfectly feasible for yours to come back as low risk too :hugs:

I had the same wobble about getting the NT testing done with Fin - once I saw him wriggling around on the scan I thought no way I could do an amnio, any risk of MC was too much of an additional risk for me, so was it worth finding out the risk anyway? When do you get the results hunni? x

I got it done in the hospital the same day as my scan.

The nurse said to me:-
"Depending on the results, if you get a low risk, they are sent back in a job lot and you'll get a letter and it takes about 4 weeks, but if it is high risk, the midwife will call you to discuss in about 3 weeks. So the longer it goes the better"

So hopefully i'll hear nothing until the post man :dohh:

First of all congratulations Hinky :happydance: Sounds really promising with your line progression and I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months :)

Rowan you have my sympathies. Teething with molars is a nightmare. We are having trouble with canines at the minute. They have been showing under the gum and causing pain for a couple of months now but without any sign of breaking through. I wish they would hurry up already...

Chelli fingers crossed for no news (being good news). I'm sure everything will be fine :flower: I must admit I passed up any screening with both of my pregnancies as I know I couldn't have gone through with an amnio if it came back high risk. It won't be long until your test results are going to reassure you :thumbup:

A VBAC is a vaginal birth after a c section. I needed an emergency section with Maia but at my consultant appointment she said I was a good candidate for a VBAC and my chances of needing a section again (as things stand at the moment at least) are the same as someone who has never had one :) I didn't have a bad experience of a c section to be fair and recovered well but I can imagine it being harder with having a toddler as well as a newborn so fingers crossed.

Everything that's interesting that you had a belly button piercing too. They seem like a good idea when you're young don't they :wacko: Would never have imagined that it could cause a hernia in pregnancy. As you say though, at least I now have a hernia twin. Not everyone can boast that x

Star- fingers crossed for you on the VBac then- having to manage with a newborn and a toddler after a Csection can't be fun so i have my fingers crossed.

Yes i now wish i'd not bothered with the screening, but i'm just going to put it to the back of my mind (as much as i can).. And fingers crossed it will all come back ok :)

On a more amusing note- I have officially ran out of trousers to fit me, and being on the larger side (size 20 :blush: ) It is proving to be a bit of a nightmare to find something suitable :hissy: I could buy a larger side, but then that just makes my bum look bigger than it is already!! and i dont need help in that department lol... :haha:

ironically, after losing 2.5 stone before falling pregnant, i throew out lots of much bigger clothes lol

I have found something called a Belly Band, which covers over your existing trousers, and holds them up without you having to fasten them. Have any of you heard of this? Its around £25 so i might give it a go.
It goes over your jean/trousers band, and under your top- so it just looks like a layered cami if it shows.

I don't want to walk around in leggings for the next few months.

.....And don't even get me started when i need to get a Maternity bra! :holly:

:rofl:

Yes I used a belly band when I was pregnant with Maia and they do the job. You can stay in your pre preggie trousers a bit longer at least.

I'm a big convert to maternity jeans/trousers now though.

They're so comfy I had to buy new ones this pregnancy as I didn't stop wearing them between my pregnancy's and they were starting to wear holes in them :eek: :blush:

They don't have to be expensive either - New Look have a good range at relatively cheap prices and Matalan is pretty good too.

If you'd rather though a belly band will do the job for now x

Starlight - hopefully you'll get your VBAC then, fingers crossed. How old will Maia be when your little man is due?

Chelli it's funny you say that about your clothes - I've just put some pyjamas on because I couldn't stand to have my Mat jeans on anymore... and they were undone! :blush: The jeans I was wearing today are the ones I wore right through my 1st pregnancy and I don't remember them getting tight at all. I've bought another pair this pregnancy and they're more comfy but I can't wear them exclusively for the next 2 months! I am so tight though I don't want to buy something else to wear for such a short time.

I think my little man is sitting really low at the moment. Maybe I've coughed him down?!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->