The PCOS Diet

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
I've read a bit about changing your eating habits. Is anyone currently on some sort of diet to up their chances? Physically I'm at a healthy weight but I eat terribly.

Thanks.

If your looking for a good PCOS diet book then the one by Collette Harris is really good. I find that if I eat well I can feel a see a difference in my symptoms. Some months I eat lots of rubbish and I tend to have spots, hair growing on my chin (TMI, sorry!), my hair on my head starts to fall out, my cycles are longer and when AF arrives its more painful.

The past few months I've stuck to this sort of diet, breakfast 2 slices of seeded toasted bread and local honey, lunch 1 slice of seeded bread with lean meat, low fat yoghurt, high fibre cereal bar and one or two pieces of fruit. Dinner would then be something like a stew with lean meat, veg curry with wholemeal pitta, or other meals which I make myslef and freeze. A lot of ready meals contain chemicals (also in tinned products) which aggravate the symptoms of PCOS -so now I make as much as I can myself. I've also felt a lot better since cutting out white bread and can honestly say that my skin looks better than it has for a long time!

HTH hun! x

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PCOS-Diet-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239833138&sr=8-1

Here's a link to the book so you know which one I'm talking about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->