The Pill and Periods

J

junebug17

Hi everyone.

So I had come off of birth control about 3 months ago and was wondering if this happened to anyone else. So I'm on my second period in the same month but dont know what to think. If anyone could help, would love it.

Thanks,
Junebug

Coming off the pill can really muck with you system. I missed two months worth of periods, swore I must have been pregnant. Wasn't, but it can do a number on you. I wouldn't worry too much, but maybe you should talk to your doc?

Penny's right.Pill taking can mess up your cycles a lot.Not to mention if you're under some kind of stress etc.
Give it some time to get sorted hun...

Yeah, my period turned up 2 weeks late after coming off the pill and I'm now waiting to see if my next one will be on the date it SHOULD'VE been (eg in 2 weeks) or a month from the beginning of my first one.

Seems a bit late, but maybe the first was a withdrawal bleed and the second a period? It'll take a while for your system to sort itself out, how long were you on the pill for?

After I came off the pill my periods were fine so I can't really help you there hun, but like other said on here theres were messed up

well i have been off of the pill for about 3 months and i was on for about 2 years. But i was thinking about it and me and my OH think i had a M/C about two weeks ago but what my other question is would i get a period that soon after?

I'm not sure about m/c's and periods, but I came off BC three months ago after being on it for 3 years and my second period was ten days late.. So it's def. normal for your period to be all over the place.

ok, you prob wont have a proper period for about 6 weeks take it easy it might be worth going back on the pill again you dont want to get pregnant right after a m/c you need to let your body heal

i was told to stop taking it when my period was due the normal way and not go back on it again as it could muck it up. I went off it had my period as normal and then it was ok after that.
once though i tried stopping it mid way and I bled for 3 weeks none stop and i was in so much pain. I still think that was some sort of miscarriage but was told it was the pill that done that. I was 5 months off the pill then I got pregnant.

Ok thanks for letting me know. Do you think i should get back on the pill?

yes its prob a good move to go back on the pill unless you want to have a baby? unless you use another form on contraception, the pill can be very reliable :)

I personally dont agree with under 18s ttc to be honest and i know its not supported here, condoms can fail maybe the pill is a better option. i had the patch for a few years that was great same hormones as the pill and you stick it on like plaster and change it every week.

I personally dont agree with under 18s ttc to be honest and i know its not supported here, condoms can fail maybe the pill is a better option. i had the patch for a few years that was great same hormones as the pill and you stick it on like plaster and change it every week.

UV can you tell me more about the patch? Sounds like such a good idea but i've never ever heard of it before and i like to think i'm usually pretty clued up

yep its generally called Evra its a small square plaster that looks kind of like a nicotine patch, The patch releases two hormones, oestrogen and progestogen into the bloodstream through the skin. Like the combined pill it stops the ovaries from releasing an egg for fertilisation every month. It also thickens the mucus around the cervix, which makes it difficult for sperm to get into the womb.
i used to stick mine on my thigh, it wont come off in the bath or whilst swimming they are mega mega sticky.
you put the patch on the first day of bleeding then on the 7th day you take the patch off and put a new one on right away, you do this for 3 weeks then on the third week you dont use a patch so that you have a 'period' just the same as the pill but youo dont have to remmeber to take a pill every day.

when i was on the patch i used to get little stickers saying 'patch 1' 'patch 2' 'patch' 3 to stick on the calender so i didnt forget when to change it.

i never had any problems with this form of contraception. im pretty sure the restrictions with the patch are the same as the pill so if you have high bp or are really over weight they prob wont give it to you.

its 98% effective against pregnancy but remember it wont stop you from catching stds, theres a sticky at the top of the teen section written by me all about condoms that you may also find useful :)

take care and stay safe

But are thinking about TTC

Hun,BnB does not support under 18s TTC.
Nor do I personally.

If you're having trouble with the pill,there's lots of other BC available,plus good for using condoms as they're the only ones that protect from STDs.

Thanks UV for describing this so well! :hugs:

no worries, if anyone else needs contraception advice feel feel to message me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->