The Pill question

Iwantone!!!

Reaction score
I have been on the pill for nearly 3 years and all i want to know when i decied to come of it how long does the contracpetion stil stay in your blood before ur blood is unproctect i was told for every month that ur on it it take one for the blood to be unprotected so mine caluations are right imake that 36wks before im completely unprotect HELP !!!! im i wrong

It varies from person to person how quickly it comes out of your system, if youve been on it for a while then chances are it could take a while to go out of your system but ive know of people who have taken it for years anf got pg straight away.
I doubt itll take as long as 36 weeks.

Also for some people you can be really fertile right after coming off it so give it all you got on the first month :wink:

Well i was on pill for 6 yrs before Emily and was PG within 3 months

And was on pill for 6yrs before Jack and fell with him straight after my gap week( you know what i mean) or thereabouts

I think it depends on the type of pill you are on etc...

36 weeks sounds a long time

It does vary from one person to another.

But the oral pill is usually straightaway like the implant.
Where as the pill injection can take up to a year

It defo varies woman to woman - The 'it take one for the blood to be unprotected ' that you were told is just silly!

You gonna try hun? Or still trying to convince OH?

Wobbles said:
It defo varies woman to woman - The 'it take one for the blood to be unprotected ' that you were told is just silly!

You gonna try hun? Or still trying to convince OH?
next year i said im coming off and yes til trying to convice other half hehehh im just interetesd

I just stoped the pill, had my usual pill free bleed and didn't start taking it again. now i'm getting pregnancy symptoms :? I have no idea if it can even come out of your system that soon. i'll let you know :lol:

dunno if this helps but i found this info on a medical site:

"Dr. Donnica: Most doctors recommend having one period first before trying to get pregnant. The only reason for this is so that we can accurately "date" the pregnancy from the first day of your last period. There are no safety issues involved here. The Pill is pretty much completely out of your system within 2 days--which is why you should use back up contraception if you're on the Pill to prevent pregnancy if you miss more than one day's Pill."

Iwantone!!! said:
next year i said im coming off and yes til trying to convice other half hehehh im just interetesd
You do right knowing in advance :hugs:

have u actually told russ your coming off it next year? good if he's ok with it. Do what I did, stopped taking it becuase I never remembered anyway, then its down to him to use protection.

I think I fell pg about 3 months after stopping taking the pill, it definatly doesnt take 36 weeks to get out the system.

Lauz_1601 said:
have u actually told russ your coming off it next year? good if he's ok with it. Do what I did, stopped taking it because I never remembered anyway, then its down to him to use protection.

I think I fell pg about 3 months after stopping taking the pill, it definatly doesnt take 36 weeks to get out the system.

totally agree with ya and russ does no that im coming off out we dont know when yet proabbely after hols

With Kai i got pg after missing a couple of pills :oops:, so i def think its different for each woman an even each time, i never even went back on the pill after havin Kai an we are still tryin :? :lol:
good luck
xx

thanks for all ur help girl i would no doubt be bk in at a later date with more questions

With dd and ds came off pill, had withdrawal bleed. BD'ed and fell pg straight away. With ds I had been on pill for 10 years b4 getting pg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->