The pushing stage...

it tok me 5 mins to push luke out! They were mentioning episotmys and thefact his heart rate keptdropping, so i said tomyself.Get that boy out! I pushed so fucking hard. It stung so much and I tore. But in 5 mins, or about 4 pushes Luke was out!

I pushed for 2 hours (well, my body did, I just stood there!) which was a massive relief after 8 hours of contractions 2 minutes apart which I needed half a shot of pethidine to get through. Don't think the mw realised I was pushing as she was merrily filling the pool. She got a shock when she took a cursory glance beneath me to see my waters bulging, full of meconium, and baby crowning behind them!

I'm guessing pushing would've been quicker with some lubrication from my waters?!?

Needless to say she broke them and Dillon was born six minutes later - my birth report is a mess as they had no idea how long each stage took :haha:

I pushed for around 40 minutes.
I hated the whole thing apart from the pushing stage.It felt so good and like such a relief,i actually enjoyed it and didn't find it painful at all?
x

I pushed for 46 mins, hated it, definitely the worst part. Really thought I wouldn't be able to do it and wanted to give up.

With DD1 i pushed for 25 mins and out she came, total labour was 9hr43 mins though!

Wonder what itl be this time around

I pushed for 3 hours. I was told if it had gone on any longer they'd have intervened (not sure with what though- perhaps forceps?) They gave me syntocinin to make my contractions strong enough to finally push her out. Had a 2nd degree tear and now have permeanant damage to my pelvic floor. Not sure what they'll say about birth this time, I'm seeing a consultant at 20 weeks to see if they want to do a Csec or put time limits/ measures in place to stop it getting worse/ happening again.

i was "attempting" to push for 3 hours before the mw realised he was stuck :roll: i hated it, made me feel like i need a number 2 :blush:
My labour was like a scene from the exorcist just awful lol. The end result was worth it though i suppose :haha:

<3

I pushed hard for 2.5 hours till the midwife called some one in to check. Turns out she was back to back and stuck so would not be coming out without help. Ended up in theatre with a forceps delivery... not fun at all...

With Caitlin (1st) I was pushing for around 30 minutes ... with Thomas I didn't really need to push he just slid out in 7 minutes :rofl: x

It was a long time ago but I think with my first it was close to 2 hours. In the end they gave me an epesiotomy, as soon as they done that he flew out ripping my vaginal wall and hole to hole.

I pushed for 2 and a half hours before they had to intervene with episiotomy and forceps. I hated the pushing stage the pressure was so intense I was on the g&a in between contractions :wacko:

With my daughter I had a terrible labour. 31 hours, all the drugs possible, was pushing for a couple of hrs. Ended up with a ventous delivery.

Harrison, labour lasted 2hrs 40mins. I pushed him out in 13mins. With. Harrison I was so scared and in so much pain, I kept asking for an epidural but they would not let me have one. I realised I would have to do it my own and as soon as I felt like I need a poo I just started to push into it. Was convinced I would poi, buy luckily I didn't. Wad very proud of myself for doing it myself xxx

I'm pretty sure I poo'd when I was pushing Alfie out :blush: There was a distinct smell and I said to OH 'oh whats that smell I've pood haven't I'. The mw never said anything though I think they just clean it up discreetly in most cases. Apart from when my aunty gave birth about 20 years ago and the mw started spraying a can of air freshener :haha:

Did anyone see obem when that foreign girl (I can't remember where she was from) said to her mum 'I keep shitting myself' and her mum was wiping her bum and saying 'its not my fault you ate like a pig' :haha:

my 1st was 45mins
2nd 2 big pushes
3rd 3 big pushes
2nd and 3rd were quick labours

I pushed for 2 hours (well, my body did, I just stood there!) which was a massive relief after 8 hours of contractions 2 minutes apart which I needed half a shot of pethidine to get through. Don't think the mw realised I was pushing as she was merrily filling the pool. She got a shock when she took a cursory glance beneath me to see my waters bulging, full of meconium, and baby crowning behind them!

I'm guessing pushing would've been quicker with some lubrication from my waters?!?

Needless to say she broke them and Dillon was born six minutes later - my birth report is a mess as they had no idea how long each stage took :haha:

Oh, same here! My official report states that my labour (including the 3rd stage) only lasted 45 minutes.

I'd been in the hospital over 13 hours at that point!

Oh, same here! My official report states that my labour (including the 3rd stage) only lasted 45 minutes.

I'd been in the hospital over 13 hours at that point!

Yeah my report states ROM to birth was 6 mins, third stage 12 minutes LOL!

Mine was really fast.
I only got to the hospital half hour before he was born, and didnt have time for pain relief as the midwife said it was time to push. I was so surprised when I felt his head coming out, and had to ask if that was really his head.
I only left the hospital at 6pm after being monitered because of slightly raised blood pressure. I was 3cm dialated then, and just starting to feel the begining of contractions. Ethan was born at 8pm.
I think contractions at the end were more painful then actually pushing, you are concentrating so much on getting bub out you dont have time to think about anything else.

I was pushing for an hour and 15 minutes. All though it only felt like 15 minutes.
It was the hardest thing iv ever done!

my lo my 4th i pushed for about 5 mins then she was here :) my others were alot longer and more complicated :( i did how ever have a tear each time and rem also pooing lol with the others but this time i was pooooooooh free :haha: nothing posh about child birth :blush: lol

LOL i pooped during labor too but i didn't know it.
i was on all fours and thought the pressure I was feeling during contractions was the baby coming as I was already 9 cm by that point...
but no it was my body involuntary pushing poop out.

My nurse was very good at being discreet about it...
i wouldn't have even known i pooped but my twit of a husband told me afterward

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"