The pushing stage...

ha ha I was really worried about pooing! Everyone kept going on about having frequent trips to the toilet but I was the other way and went constipated for about 4 days before I gave birth! I remember panicking thinking it would all just shoot out the time Stephen was born! Thank God - that didn't happen! I was poo free :haha:

Hah, the pushing stage scared the hell out of me, i'd only been in labour for 2 1/2 hours, and had been told i was 3-4cm about 20 minutes earlier. It was horrible, as i actually couldn't help pushing, and the MW was telling me not to :wacko: Anyway, after about 30 seconds, they realised that, yes, i was actually having a baby and his head was half out... :dohh: My pushing stage lasted under 2 minutes, and was quite a relief once i was "allowed" to push. I was soo convinced i'd poo'd, but apparently i didn't :happydance:

I had been trying to resist the urge to push for nearly an hour before they examined me again-when my waters broke I asked the MW if I could go to the toilet before they took me to the delivery ward as 'I think I really need to poo' :dohh: I only pushed for about 30 mins, it took 12 pushes for her to be born but my contractions were still fairly spaced out.
I had no idea what was going on while I was pushing, she was breech so everyone was very focused on what was going on. I kept having to ask what was out, I was really worried about a footling breech!
In all, finally being able to push was a massive relief, my body just took over and the pain seemed to disappear.

For me, it was a 5 minute stage, 3 pushes and out he popped. I remember he was bearing down for ages and I kept on worrying he was trying to push out of my bottom...silly when I look back, but I was obviously quite irrational! The midwives went out of the room, I said to my OH, it feels different like something is there, I leant over the side of the bed, they came back in, said the head was out and that I needed to take my pants off lol!! Then two more pushes and out he popped!! It was fab! xxx

i was REALLY lucky 1st stage of labour 2 hours 50 mins, 2nd stage 13mins and 3rd stage 7 mins lol so it only took 7 mins to push lo out for me x

The midwives wouldn't belive i was needing to push! I had got to hospital at 9cm so had no time for painkillers. They kept me waiting in day assesment waiting room for a hour then realised i was pushing! It took half hour and 4 contractions for him to be born, but i had really bad cramp in one of my legs which was really offputting! :d

I did one round of pushes but her heartbeat didn't come back after that & so we were rushed to theatre, one more set of pushes with the help of forceps & she arrived

I got sent home from hospital with the urge to push at 10pm as they didnt believe me! (apparently i was too quiet to be that far). I kept calling them and they said not to come back in nevermind me literally having to hold myself shut to keep her in. I went in anyway and made a lot of fuss to get a room and be examined and i was pushing for around 30 minutes. Had no pain relief either since they didnt believe me.

I dont think i pushed for that long. from 1st contraction my labour was 3 hours so progressed quite quickly

The pushing stage to me was one of the worst parts. The Epi I had did nothing for the amount of pressure that was going on down there. For me it was less about wanting the baby to come out and more about wanting a poo. Did anyone else feel like that? I just kept thinking if only I could poo out just a little bit then this pressure would go away and I can concentrate on pushing my baby out. I was in this pushing stage on my knees for about 3 hours until finally having to be rushed to theatre but man all the pain of the contractions I had for the two days leading up to that point pale in comparison to the pain of the pressure during pushing. The worst part was being hoisted on a table much to small for me in theatre and being prepped for a section all while this horrible intense pressure was still there. They wouldn't believe me that my Epi was having no effect at all!

My eldest it was about 50 minutes, second eldest 20 minutes, second youngest 5 minutes and youngest two pushes lasting less than a minute or so it felt like. My youngest it was totally involuntary; and the midwives were out of the room when his head and torso came out; then as soon as they came back in the rest of him came out. The pressure was worst with my youngest though; as he was facing sideways as opposed to facing down as they are meant to be.

It only took 10 minutes for me to push Aaron out. My body totally took over, and I pushed SOOOOOOOOO hard!! I had horrible pressure and pain in my bum muscles for days afterwards.

I got sent home from hospital with the urge to push at 10pm as they didnt believe me! (apparently i was too quiet to be that far). I kept calling them and they said not to come back in nevermind me literally having to hold myself shut to keep her in. I went in anyway and made a lot of fuss to get a room and be examined and i was pushing for around 30 minutes. Had no pain relief either since they didnt believe me.

That sounds rough! I was panicking so bad at this stage so I have no idea how I would have coped if they wouldn't examine me or didn't believe the baby was coming. But then again - I am pretty sure I was making enough noise that they couldn't mistake that I was ready to push Louie out! xxx

ds1 I had an epidural so I didn't feel anything. It took 2 hours and vacuum extraction. I had a 2nd degree tear.

ds2 I had at home so I felt everything. It didn't hurt, it was this involunatry sensation. I had a little bit of ring of fire, but hardly anything. It felt amazing when his head came out.

I pushed Mog for over four hours until they yanked her out with forceps.

I didn't realise I was pushing Teddy until his head appeared - so my second stage was six minutes. Score :)

PMSL @ E! Same, 6 mins exactly :D Is she acknowledging his existence yet??

Nope. Still haven't worked out if she honestly just doesn't find him interesting, or if it's a deliberate avoidance technique. Either way, makes my life a bit easier :haha:

It took me just over 2 and a half hours! They were frantically looking around for a doctor to give me a forceps delivery and just as the doctor popped his head around the door out popped her head. It was horrible I kept on looking at the time shouting 'I've been pushing for 2 hours' etc every 5 minutes and then they threatened to take the clock away if I didn't stop it :haha:

with Jaymee I Pushed for a half hour ,
with Katherine It was less then 5 minutes , One push and she was out

I was fully dilated when I arrived at hospital just before 8am. I had LO at just after 1pm, so almost 5 hours of pushing. I must have been rubbish lol! I think the reason it took so long was because my contractions were really weedy and didn't last long enough to give a decent push. In the end they were making me push with no contractions, as it was taking so long. :wacko:
I remember being told that they'd give me 2 hours to push, so I've got no idea what happened. The only reason I can think of is that LOs heartbeat remained exactly the same throughout. In fact. they were just about to call the doctors and had got the knife ready when I somehow found the strength to do one last push. LO popped out all at once - there's nothing like the threat of an episiotomy to gee you up! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->