The results are in...

I

Ilove

Hiya,

It seems we have a proble on the male side which was diagnosed today.
Please excuse me, as I know little about what normal sperm should be other than what the doctor told us. But they made it clear our results are not good news in terms of fertility:(

My husband had 7.5 million sperm...30% are motile (I think thats the word they used?) and theyre "all, at best, sluggish"

Im going to do some more research but thought Id share our results so if anyone here has had experience with probs on the male side we could maybe have a chat. Im a bit in shock at the moment

Thank you

hey there..it only takes one!!! Apparently fertiaid is really good for men....my friends hubby had poor sperm motility...he took it for 4 months...apparently you need to take it for 3 months for goosd sperm to build up...and whey...on month 4 they were pregnant!!!
So i will keep my fingers crossed for you for August!!!!

xxxx

Im not too sure about numbers but my OH had a sperm count done twice. Took us 2yrs to concieve #1. Both results came back as borderline. (this was him due to having mumps a few yrs previous)
Doctor told him to get more active, eat healthy & lose abit of weight. He then was going to send me for tests but we got caught with our daughter.

Like the lady said above, it only takes one! Good luck luvie.

I found this in relation to what is normal and what my husband has

https://www.babyandbump.com/problems-trying-conceive/24748-average-sperm-count-information.html

Were way behind all of those figures, way over half:cry:

Im not too sure about numbers but my OH had a sperm count done twice. Took us 2yrs to concieve #1. Both results came back as borderline. (this was him due to having mumps a few yrs previous)
Doctor told him to get more active, eat healthy & lose abit of weight. He then was going to send me for tests but we got caught with our daughter.

Like the lady said above, it only takes one! Good luck luvie.

Thanx hun its good to hear others experiences, congrats on your daughter:hugs: I dont think hes ever had mumps, but hopefully that one sperm will wake up and start moving soon!

:hugs:

I found quite a lot of info online that showed the use of the following in different studies showed improvement. zinc helps with motility and pycnogenol improves morphology and l-arginine to improve sperm count.

My dh has been taken all of the above since our initial drs appointments which showed poor motility and morphology. They also said count was slightly below normal however after that we were referred to fertilty clinic and the consultant wasn't concerned with my dh sa results. Despite this we have continued with the supplements cos see it as probably can't do any harm.

Hope this makes sense. My dh second sa showed improvement but i don't know what due to x

We also have male factor problems. My DH's motility fluctuates between 15-30%, count is low (can't remember what it was last) morphology is 1% and he also has a high DNA damage rate.

Because we had multiple sperm problems (we tried all the suppliments and natural therapies) we needed IVF/ICSI...infact we were told that it would take us on average 40 years to conceive naturally!

You're more than welcome to PM me if you would like any information on suppliments, ICSI or just someone to talk to that has been through it. I still remember how devastated we were when we found out :cry:

Big :hugs: to you.

Hey hun

Sorry for your results :hugs:

I'd listen to FJL for definitely - her shiny new :bfp: speaks volumes! :happydance:

We were also diagnosed with male factor last summer. DH has been taking wellman, vit c and maca and his count has improved. Whatever changes you and your DH make will take a while to show, purely as sperm mature every 70-90 days but you will get there. I'm sure DH's may have gone up a bit more - his count went from 1 million to 8 million after his 3 month course of pills so persevere :hugs:

so is it that its harder for the sperm to get to the egg or once it gets there it has to many issues to fertilize it, or it can't be fertilized well? I'm trying to figure out how it works, wondering if my oh should get his spermies tested.

Sorry to hear you had bad news :(
My OH and I were in the same boat on Wednesday. I think there has been some good advice here about the supplements, which we shall be trying. And if you decide to too I hope they work for you (and us!).

All the best :)

bklove - motility refers to the ability for the sperm to swim. To conceive naturally, you really need at least 50% motility. Because OP's DH also has low sperm count it makes natural conception even harder. The imotile sperm might be good quality but if they can't get to the egg then unfortunatley they cannot fertilise it. Thats why methods such as ICSI work because the scientist injects a single sperm in the egg so that it doesn't have to make the swim to the egg.

Another big reason ICSI is used is for women with 'hard eggs' (mainly older women) as the sperm cannot penetrate the egg naturally (even if the sperm is perfectly healthy).

Morphology refers to the shape of the sperm. A sperm has to be perfectly shaped in order to be able to penetrate an egg.

So to break it down for you in my DH's case...

He has limited sperm (low count)

Out of those limited sperm on 15-30% are motile

Out of those 15-30% that are motile only 1% are shaped normally and therefore are able to fertilise an egg.

And out of that normal looking 1%, 20% of them are DNA damaged.

Hence why a natural conception for us would've been next to impossible!!!

Its not nice when you are told the bad news! I couldnt stop getting teary eyed when the doctor gave us my partners sperm test results!
So whats the best suppliments to take? Can you get them from the health store?
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->