The right time to try for our last blessing?,

Suggerhoney

♡Praying for a miracle rainbow baby at 43♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies:hi:

My name is Dannii and I'm 41 years old.
I have a almost 3 month old baby boy who we conceived naturally in January after 11 cycles ttc and 4 early miscarriages last year 2020.

Me and my husband also have a 2 year old DS' 10 year old DS and 8 year old DD.
Originally our youngest was supposed to be our last but within a few weeks of having him I just new I wanted to have one more. I want to have one more b4 I get too old.

Me and my DH have discussed this and agreed we cud try one last time.
I know it seems so soon to be writing a post like this when my little baby boy is so young and I honestly wudnt even be thinking about this if I was younger.

I turn 42 this December. So only about 5 weeks time.
I am on the mini pill.
I'm definitely not ready to come off the mini pill yet even though I'm already fed up with taking it becuase it's really messed my cycle up. And turned me in to a moody cow:mamafy:LOL.

But obviously I don't have time on my side. My husband is older than me by 5 years he's 46 and turns 47 in May.

Anyway even tho my DH has agreed to have one more he said he doesn't want to know when I come off the mini pill or when I'm ovulating and he said he wants it to be a surprise.

Anyway I've been going round and round in my head on when will be the best time to stop the mini pill.

I wud love to hold off for a year or even untill early 2023. But the thing is I turn 43 In December 2022.
If I new for sure I cud still get pregnant at 43 then I wud definitely leave it untill then' but I'm worried if I do leave it untill then I will be too old.

Dr Google just fills me with worry. Falling and staying pregnant is much harder for older womon. But it says from 43 fertility really declines alot and continues to decline untill menopause.
So I have a better chance of falling at 42 then I do 43.
But I'm only 5 weeks off of turning 42 now and want to enjoy our youngest first.

I know I'm extremely blessed to have the children I do have already.

My question is when should I stop the pill..
I cud stop it in the spring and then NTNP.
I wud like to leave it longer if I can But I just don't know if that will be too late.

It's hard to know what's the best thing to do.
So thought I wud do this post and reach out to you ladies.

Sorry its such a long post and I'm really sorry if this has upset anyone.

Hi sweetie!
We will be trying for one more too :) I know just how you feel. I will be 40 in May 2022 and I feel anxious about having one more baby before I am “too old.” For me, too, my blood sugar has become more problematic(in general but especially in pregnancy) and I worry about GD, stillbirth etc.
If I were fertile right now we’d just go for it. It’s kind of crazy with a tiny baby but I also think about it all the time. My fertility tends to return about 14 months postpartum but who knows this time, I will be 40 and also my body is still hanging on to 30 extra pounds and just will not let go…! So that might affect things too.

I would just go off the pill ASAP. Just in case… what if you wait another year and then it doesn’t happen and you spend the rest of your life wishing you’d tried sooner. That’s how I think of it with me. As soon as we can, we will.

Sending love, keep us posted xxooxoxo

Hi sweetie!
We will be trying for one more too :) I know just how you feel. I will be 40 in May 2022 and I feel anxious about having one more baby before I am “too old.” For me, too, my blood sugar has become more problematic(in general but especially in pregnancy) and I worry about GD, stillbirth etc.
If I were fertile right now we’d just go for it. It’s kind of crazy with a tiny baby but I also think about it all the time. My fertility tends to return about 14 months postpartum but who knows this time, I will be 40 and also my body is still hanging on to 30 extra pounds and just will not let go…! So that might affect things too.

I would just go off the pill ASAP. Just in case… what if you wait another year and then it doesn’t happen and you spend the rest of your life wishing you’d tried sooner. That’s how I think of it with me. As soon as we can, we will.

Sending love, keep us posted xxooxoxo

Thank you hon.
I'm thinking of coming off the pill in March/April and using OPKs. We cud avoid dtd around ovulation time and at least I will know then if I'm still ovulating. I think that will give me more of a idea of when to actually start trying.
And if anything happens b4 that then I guess it was just meant to happen.
I worry about having a baby really close in age.
I don't know if I cud handle 2 under 2. And 3 under 4
That's why ideally I wanted to hold out untill early 2023. But then reading Google just fills me with worry.

I've spoken to a few medical professionals including a few midwifes and a GP and they said I wud probably be fine leaving it until I turn 43 because I've had 2 babies at 39 and 41.
Not sure how that works but thats what they said. Was also told they get alot of ladies 42 and 43 having babies naturally.

But google just fills u with so much worry and disappointment.

When I told them about what Google says they said it's just statistics and doesn't apply to all womon.
Still makes me worry tho

When I told them about what Google says they said it's just statistics and doesn't apply to all womon.
Still makes me worry tho

In all honesty lovely I think you'll be fine every woman and every pregnancy is different, I would do as you plan to do come off Feb March time, but 2 under 2 isn't that bad you no lol aaron and ethan are dead in a year apart and they are so close :) you have to do what you think is right my love, but If I was in your shoes I'd come of earlier rather than later xx

In all honesty lovely I think you'll be fine every woman and every pregnancy is different, I would do as you plan to do come off Feb March time, but 2 under 2 isn't that bad you no lol aaron and ethan are dead in a year apart and they are so close :) you have to do what you think is right my love, but If I was in your shoes I'd come of earlier rather than later xx

See I do see that alot with womon that have 2 very close in age they always say how close they are and it wasn't as bad as they thought it wud be.
Tommy acted up for the first 2 or 3 weeks when we brought Harley home from hospital. I think he was a bit jealous but he soon returned to his normal funny little self.
There is 2 years between them.

I think I will come off the pill in March and then just use opks and sew what happens.
Least I'll only be 42 then and not 43 and I guess if its meant to happen then it will at the time its supposed to.

How u feeling today hon?

I think you'll be fine hun. There are so many success stories on here! :D

Thanks Bev. I keep telling myself that I don't need to really think about this right now and just decide what to do in the new year but I just can't help worrying. It's just the age thing if i was a few years younger then u wudnt be worrying at all.
It's just all the negatively that comes with womon of a certain age and babies.
Google is so depressing.

I also worry about upsetting other ladies that have been trying years. I don't want to hurt anyone and I know I'm already so so blessed

I also worry about upsetting other ladies that have been trying years. I don't want to hurt anyone and I know I'm already so so blessed

I felt like that when I fell with quinn and you had been trying for ages I felt so guilty about it so I no what you mean, I'm not ro bad love done a few more rest but the test strips have a line before doing them :shrug: these are the tests xx

20211113_105105.jpg 20211113_163729.jpg 20211113_164450.jpg 20211113_164443.jpg 20211113_183736.jpg

I was happy for you hon. I felt really bad when I fell with Tommy really quickly and all the womon here that had been trying ages.
I have never really had to try b4 I've always fallen so easy but it was so hard with Harley. 11 cycles but then I did also get pregnant 4 other times and it just didn't stick so i must be still very fertile.
Wonder how long it will take next time? I've a feeling it won't take as long I don't know why it's just a feeling its gonna happen quickly.
Mite be wrong tho. It mite take ages or it mite not happen at all. Depends If my old body still has some decent eggs floating around.
Really not looking forward to my 42nd birthday just feels so old.

I would def stop the pill ASAP if you want another. If you want to wait a bit just use condoms x

I would def stop the pill ASAP if you want another. If you want to wait a bit just use condoms x

Thanks hon. Yeah think I will stop it in March and that gives me 2 months to get it out of my system.

I did have a baby at age 39 and age 41 so I'm hoping everything is still working well in there lol

Hi ladies:hi:

My name is Dannii and I'm 41 years old.
I have a almost 3 month old baby boy who we conceived naturally in January after 11 cycles ttc and 4 early miscarriages last year 2020.

Me and my husband also have a 2 year old DS' 10 year old DS and 8 year old DD.
Originally our youngest was supposed to be our last but within a few weeks of having him I just new I wanted to have one more. I want to have one more b4 I get too old.

Me and my DH have discussed this and agreed we cud try one last time.
I know it seems so soon to be writing a post like this when my little baby boy is so young and I honestly wudnt even be thinking about this if I was younger.

I turn 42 this December. So only about 5 weeks time.
I am on the mini pill.
I'm definitely not ready to come off the mini pill yet even though I'm already fed up with taking it becuase it's really messed my cycle up. And turned me in to a moody cow:mamafy:LOL.

But obviously I don't have time on my side. My husband is older than me by 5 years he's 46 and turns 47 in May.

Anyway even tho my DH has agreed to have one more he said he doesn't want to know when I come off the mini pill or when I'm ovulating and he said he wants it to be a surprise.

Anyway I've been going round and round in my head on when will be the best time to stop the mini pill.

I wud love to hold off for a year or even untill early 2023. But the thing is I turn 43 In December 2022.
If I new for sure I cud still get pregnant at 43 then I wud definitely leave it untill then' but I'm worried if I do leave it untill then I will be too old.

Dr Google just fills me with worry. Falling and staying pregnant is much harder for older womon. But it says from 43 fertility really declines alot and continues to decline untill menopause.
So I have a better chance of falling at 42 then I do 43.
But I'm only 5 weeks off of turning 42 now and want to enjoy our youngest first.

I know I'm extremely blessed to have the children I do have already.

My question is when should I stop the pill..
I cud stop it in the spring and then NTNP.
I wud like to leave it longer if I can But I just don't know if that will be too late.

It's hard to know what's the best thing to do.
So thought I wud do this post and reach out to you ladies.

Sorry its such a long post and I'm really sorry if this has upset anyone.

Big congratulations on your latest little sweetheart bebe Danni! I remember we were chatting alot this time last year x x

Hey! I recognise you from the ttc forums. We were ttc at the same time but I got a new job and had to take a break.
I'm also waiting and wondering if it's the right time. I think I too spend too much time worrying about others. My boss has had multiple failed IVF attempts. My best friend has wanted another for 8/9 years but it just didn't happen and after 6/7 years her husband left so she isn't likely to get another at all, so I worry about how they'll feel if I have another, particularly after having had a long journey to get pregnant myself I know the pain they've gone through.
I keep telling myself there's no right time, but it doesn't always feel that way.
I hope we both get what we want at the right time though

I think we will be trc again at the end of the year! Hubby still wants one more and I thought I was done when pregnant but I'm not! Fx we catch easily x

Big congratulations on your latest little sweetheart bebe Danni! I remember we were chatting alot this time last year x x

Thanks hon. I feel so blessed to have him and guilty to still want one more. How are you doing hon?

Hey! I recognise you from the ttc forums. We were ttc at the same time but I got a new job and had to take a break.
I'm also waiting and wondering if it's the right time. I think I too spend too much time worrying about others. My boss has had multiple failed IVF attempts. My best friend has wanted another for 8/9 years but it just didn't happen and after 6/7 years her husband left so she isn't likely to get another at all, so I worry about how they'll feel if I have another, particularly after having had a long journey to get pregnant myself I know the pain they've gone through.
I keep telling myself there's no right time, but it doesn't always feel that way.
I hope we both get what we want at the right time though

Still keeping it all crossed for you hon. I did notice u vanished from the 2ww testing group that's were I always saw you.

We have decided we will start trying again when Harley is 8 months old. So that will be from May. I'm coming off the pill probably end of march and just wanna see what my cycles do and then May can start trying.
I was gonna hold out untill next year but spoke to a GP who suggested we should start sooner rather than later because of my age.
I guess it will happen when it's supposed too and I think I'm fully expecting it to take a while.
Will u be trying again hon?
U have to do what's best for you hon. That's what I was told. I was told I shouldn't feel bad for not feeling done.
I know I'm incredibly blessed but I am hoping we will be blessed again. You too hon. Rooting for you and all the long term ttc ladies. You were all my rock when we was ttc. U all kept me going.

I think we will be trc again at the end of the year! Hubby still wants one more and I thought I was done when pregnant but I'm not! Fx we catch easily x

Hi hon yay that's so exciting.
Unfortunately I can't hold off until next year. I was told by a doctor we should start ttc as soon as possible due to me being 42. So we will be trying from May onwards.
Getting excited now but also nervous. It took us 11 months to fall with Harley so there's a chance I cud still be ttc this time next year but hoping it won't take as long.
Hope it happens for both of us. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"