The secrets of the baby whisperer

trish1200

Reaction score
Has anyone using the book, has it worked for you? It's sooo NOT working for me :nope:

Oh no! It's my favourite book ever! Please tell me what's going wrong...

I took a few tips from it but never opened it again since I had him!

wow.. whats this book? gonna go check out ebay....

Is LO falling asleep on the breast? If so he might not be getting to the filling 'hindmilk', he might only be getting the foremilk.
You might want to rule out a supply problem. Do you express? Do you get a lot of milk out when you do?
LO might be getting overtired, a baby that age can't stay awake that long without getting overtired. You might then be thinking his tired cry is a hungry cry. Do you offer him the breast to settle him when he cries? If so he might be in the habit of 'snacking', not taking a full feed. Have you tried a dummy to settle him for naps?

If you like the sound of the EASY routine I would invest in her main book,'the baby whisperer solves all your problems' as this is a far more helpful and comprehensive guide than the 'secrets' book....

I really like it in theory, I will persist and opefully it will work for us sometime soon.

Is LO falling asleep on the breast? If so he might not be getting to the filling 'hindmilk', he might only be getting the foremilk.
You might want to rule out a supply problem. Do you express? Do you get a lot of milk out when you do?
LO might be getting overtired, a baby that age can't stay awake that long without getting overtired. You might then be thinking his tired cry is a hungry cry. Do you offer him the breast to settle him when he cries? If so he might be in the habit of 'snacking', not taking a full feed. Have you tried a dummy to settle him for naps?

If you like the sound of the EASY routine I would invest in her main book,'the baby whisperer solves all your problems' as this is a far more helpful and comprehensive guide than the 'secrets' book....

He only feeds for 10 minutes, 15 at the most. Apparently I have a fast letdown. I don't usually express but when I do, I get quite a lot of milk easily. I've started to give him a dummy and it does help but it takes alot to get him to nap, hours sometimes, I can see he is overtierd but can't sleep unless I'm carrying him on my shoulder. I don't know how to break the habit. :nope:

I do have both books. At how many weeks old did you start using EASY?

I have problems with it too - like what is enough activiuty for my girl - she gets bored quickly, even so young. I do use parts of it though - dreamfeeding and routine stuff - she's pretty consistent in the evening though. but she doesnt generally nap during the day, unless we are walking or driving. I find it hard to do with a newborn!!!

:)
A

It's totally normal for some babies to want to feed every hour or so, it doesn't mean that your supply is low, just that that's how your baby feeds. Not all babies will respond in the way books tell you. It's just a matter of taking the bits that work for you and your baby.

I hated this book and I felt that the author was very pushy and judgemental. My son was nowhere near the EASY routine and I did just fine. If you think there are some good tips or tricks to use, then definitely try them out, but I agree with marley - babies aren't going to fit some idealized routine that is laid out in a book. I wouldn't stress about getting baby to fit the book, I'd use what's in the book that fits baby. I'd say the same for any baby care advice book.

Started using this book about a week ago and it is an absolute godsend for me,he took to the routine so easily :D xx

I hated this book, esp the part about teaching your baby to sleep, if it takes like 45 min of crying or an hour and you only want your baby to sleep for an hour and a half you only let them sleep for half an hour, its like being in the army- torture. way too rigid. not my cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->