The shape and size of the sac the baby is in.

S

shaunanicole

I was comparing my 8 week scan photos with one of my pregnant friends 8 week scan photos. Her sac is completely shaped and sized different then mine. I was blown away to see how much of a difference it was then mine. After noticing that I got on here and seen that the shape/size of sacs a baby is in varies from woman to woman. I had NO idea about this. Does anyone have an explanation for it because I am so dumbfounded!? :dohh:

Does everyone know this or is this new news to some people or what? I am going to be so embarrassed if everyone has known this and I am just figuring it out! :blush:

Apparently it is affected by how full your bladder is, if you have fibroids (quite common if you are 30 - 40), the shape it was before you got pregnant (for instance some women have a heart shaped or 'lobed' uterus to begin with). Also some uterus's are tipped forward or backward in the pelvis and so can appear different because you are looking at them from a different angle.

When I had my first early scan my sack was shaped like a new moon. then at 8 weeks it was more rounded. I worried too but the midwife said all is normal. :)

its an interesting point to bring up.. I had never heard or thought of it :)

:hugs:

all my scans have been different shapes. strange x

Mine at 7w4d looked like a perfect round circle..it was eerie like a hole!!?

Now its a bit different (as per avatar)

xx

They told me at 8 wks that the sac looked a lil bashed in at the top left and that the sac was measuring smaller than babys growth rate. I had a 50/50 chance they said, of LO staying. Midwife did not think i would make it.

2 weeks later everything was fine! I cried my heart out those 2 weeks, i thought the worst. now i just tell everyone not to give a stuff about the shape as I seen someones like a half moon and was like "WTF would the midwife have said to that?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->