the six weeks period

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by MrJoeBoy, Aug 20, 2009.

1. MrJoeBoy

MrJoeBoy Guest

How many people actually noticed that after 6 weeks it all got easier, is it generally longer than 6 weeks, was it less than 6 weeks for some or is 6 weeks just the miraculous moment?

2. Happy

Happy Mummy to Phoebe

For me things started to fall into place around 8-10 weeks and this is when it started to get easier. However Phoebe is my first child so I had no idea what I was doing really, I just had to try and get a routine going that suited us all.

3. beancounter

beancounter Well-Known Member

8 weeks for us, he got in to a routine, and it got even easier after he started solids, apart from teething he is settled now..

4. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

It was 4 wks for us, that's when she started sleeping long stretches at night. We were then better able to deal with whatever she threw at us during the day, and were able to enjoy her more.

However I've just come out of a tough 2 wk period changing Ruby's routine as she now feeds every 4hrs during the day instead of every 3hrs. I think you learn more and more every day and as such gets easier, but I heard a quote I think is very true regarding parenting - 'just when you think you've got it, everything changes'.

5. bibswy

bibswy MUMMY OF 2!

8-10 weeks for us to feel we were getting the hang of things... but as they grow you get new challenges. We still have hard days but wouldn't change it for the world :)

6. inactive1

inactive1 Guest

It Was About 6-8 Weeks For Us When Things Got Easier And More Settled And Into a Routine. The Only Trouble We Really Have Is The Teething!! Haha x

7. Blah11

Blah11 ☼ Mummy to Amelie ☼

For me things didn't get easy until about 3 months.. they weren't 'hard' as such in the begginning but by 3 months we were in a nice routine and I enjoyed her more.

8. celine

celine Well-Known Member

We are 8 weeks 2day and still no set routine but I think Im getting there :)

9. penguin77

penguin77 Pround mummy of 2 :-)

I think things get easier slowly day bay day, week by week...but i think it all clicked into place for me around 8 weeks.
    By then i was back to looking after me (making an effort with hair/makeup), some sort of routine in place and Jac was slepping most of the night.
    To be honest i think it was around 3 months when i recognised that it had clicked into place and i felt like a proper mum that knew what she was doing by then LOL

xx

10. mamalove

mamalove mum to 3 girls and a boy

First 8 weeks were hectic with twins,but then they just got really easy overnight!
    With my daughter i never went through ''diffficult'' period,i enjoyed every single second from the moment she was born,but she was my first and i had all the time in world to be with her 24/7.

11. Lara+sam+bump

Lara+sam+bump Well-Known Member

Now really lol, the last week its all fallen into place, but Noah has nasty reflux and so cried ALOT, now we are sorting that out and getting a real routine, he is a million times better :) xxx

12. porkypig

porkypig Well-Known Member

its nice to hear all of these posts, my lo is only 5 weeks and although there is kind of a routine at night (waking up at the same times etc) during the day im just letting him lead. hopefully this will change and he'll also sleep for longer in the night xx

13. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

Jasmine was almost fairly easy... although she did have her really cranky nights every once in awhile. But after about 3 months she got way better.

14. Hope22

Hope22 Mom of 1 beautiful boy

I notice at around 10 weeks things really changed. Darwin was born at 36 weeks, so I wondered at the time if this wasn't the same as a term baby getting easier at 6 weeks. He has never slept through, so it wasn't about sleep for me, it was more about him starting to smile and react - I felt like I was finally getting a reward for being a mommy, rather than caring for something that slept, ate and pooped 'round the clock!

The HUGE difference for me happened at six months - he became a whole different baby after his six-month growth spurt (that was hell). He's funny, joyful, he can do so much more for himself and gets less frustrated, he's learned to yell for help rather than scream and cry, and plays well on his own so I can take small breaks. He also poops a lot less, and that in itself is a blessing!

15. jovi_girl

jovi_girl Well-Known Member

about 4 weeks for us. That was when breastfeeding all of a sudden stopped being a painful nightmare and became a pleasant bonding experience! My Lo has always slept quite well at night - generally a 4 hour block then will go back to sleep for 2 hours at a time, so i have always gotten 6-8hours of (broken) sleep a night. I think this really helps.

We dont really have much of a routine during the day, and right now, this works very well for us. I dont stress about getting him to sleep or feeding him at certain times. I just go with the flow, and take my cues from him. As long as he continues to sleep well at night, i really dont mind too much what he does during the day!

16. Fern.x

Fern.x Guest

I dont know really i had him all to myself for the 1st ten days and he was always so good the night feeds wer terrible but i expected that so i wouldnt say any time was the easist.. did get hard around 6-7 months though when he was on the move he was everywhere stairs, tv fire but kindy got used to it now :)

17. Bec L

Bec L Proud mum to 2 girls/1boy

It was about 8 weeks for us. Poppy was still feeding a lot and waking a lot in the night but we just sort of got used to what we were doing and started to learn what she wanted and when, and it got a little easier.