The snow looks lovely but...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by redpoppy, Dec 21, 2009.

1. redpoppy

redpoppy Well-Known Member

:cold:

Anyone else feel it's too cold to give birth? I mean, I really want to meet her but I just had the door open for a few minutes while saying goodbye to one of my friends and it's chilly out there!!!!! :nope:

2. Squidge

Squidge Mummy & WTT <3

Oh yes, it's absolutely freezing!! Although i'm sure it's warmer in hospitals :lol:

3. jenniferannex

jenniferannex Well-Known Member

yepp im feeling the same!! far too cold! lol im so exicted for her to come but its so cold i bet she just wants to stay in there anyway! hehe. x

4. sineady

sineady S,L,J,PS

Im not fussed lol if my lil man wants to come now i will keep him warm by snuggling him all up :):)

5. Lil C

Lil C Mummy!

Yeah I had mad pains earlier and thought no I don't wanna go out in the snow to the hospital!!

6. 2bananas

2bananas Mummy of 2

you'll be desperate to pop outside for some cold air after being on the ward, i was in november with my first and it was really cold when i had her 5 years ago.

I was a complete misery cos of how hot it was in the maternity unit, i know we have to keep the bubs warm but jesus, I thought I was in the carribean!

7. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

it was -40 last week here and only -4 this week so I'm hoping it'll stay around this temp - it's not getting to the hospital that bothers me, it's taking him out in freezing temps even just to the car that worries me. just gotta bundle him up good I guess!

8. redpoppy

Yeah but unfortunately those pesky scientists still haven't invented a way for me to get to the birthing centre without having to leave the house. :growlmad:

That's what's annoying. OH only has one month at home and its set. The sooner she arrives the more time he gets to spend with her. :cloud9: But if she's anything like her mum, she's not going out in the cold. She'll be in there till June.

Yeah I want her here ASAP and obviously will be keepiong her super warm, but what about me?!? :mrgreen:

9. hivechild

hivechild Mummy to Ronan

Careful what you wish for, or you may end up giving birth at home!

10. redpoppy

At least it'll be warm. :mrgreen:

11. gemini xo

gemini xo Well-Known Member

it's a pain in the ass! i nearly slipped twice today.. :growlmad:

12. hivechild

hivechild Mummy to Ronan

:haha: Make sure you have a spare shower curtain and lots of towels handy! :winkwink:

13. billybump

billybump mummy to my little man

My lo better bloody well stay in I'm not going out there again, not even fir my mw appointment tomorrow if it doesn't warm up. I'm in bed all toasty snuggly and that's where I'm staying.

14. Maybebaby80

Maybebaby80 Well-Known Member

I hope it goes away soon! I am booked into a midwife unit in the opposite direction from the hospital and really really want to go but it is along the back roads so we wont be getting there in this weather.

For the first time ever I don't want a white Christmas, I want it to be mild and wet like usual!!!

15. Kota

Kota Mum and Preg!

after the 5hrs it took me to (walk) the 2miles home from the hospital last night because of the snow that hit london, I am absolutely petrified of going into labour if theres any chance of snow coming..
    He can stay in there where its safe and warm and I don't have to stress about giving birth on the side of the snow covered road!

16. lynnikins

lynnikins Well-Known Member

its just annoying me that its not white outside, at least if it was powder on the ground it would be safe to walk to the shop and to get up the hill to my mw appointment tomorrow but the ice made me slip yesterday and its worse today so im housebound by ice yay

17. Snoopy

Snoopy Well-Known Member

Nowt wrong with that :D