The Talk

TheDream

Reaction score
Ok, so me and OHare WTT but don't know when or what we are waiting for? I always knew that i want to have children but didn't know when, OH has always seemed to want a baby more than i do! Still i'm scared to bring up 'the talk'. I jokingly said a week or so ago that i wanted to TTC and he said no, but i don't think he thought i was serious. We have been together 7 years, and have been living together for a year. I feel like i can tell him anything and never fear his reaction, but for some reason I am really nervous. Sorry, bit of a pointless post, just wanted to air my thoughts really.

Oops, sorry ladies just realised I have posted this in the wrong forum, meant to be in the WTT. Sorry, any way of taking it down? :blush:

This is WTT, no worries! :)

If this is something that he has mentioned wanting as well, it could make things easier for you. Next time you are out to dinner, or just lounging on the couch snuggling in front of the tv, just come right out and say, "you know....I was kind of serious about what I asked the other day. How do you feel about it?"

This way you will get his reaction, and you will better know how to proceed from there. If it freaks him out, just lay low and don't talk about it for a while, just let the idea sink in and he'll come around to at least rationally discussing it. If he is all for it, then awesome, set a time frame :D

I think we are as nervous about asking a baby as men are to ask us to marry them. I believe it is because it is huge commitment and we are scared for being let down, the same for them when asking for us to be their wifes.

I would also just say it when you are snuggling. I plan on talking to him when we are emotionally intimate and talking heart to heart which happen quite often.

I didn't want to come out with it in a serious way either to start with but I just figured what the hell it only needs doing once and then he will actually no what I want, he's not a mind reader, we expect them to no but they don't, tell him and go for it

Thanks for your replies, I think you're right about picking an intimate time. I was going to mention it today, but OH had a long day at work and is feeling under the weather. He barely knows what he wants to eat when he's ill let alone if he wants to have a baby!

I was pretty blunt with it I recall. My friends were having babies all around me and we were engaged with a date set, and finally after holding *another* new adorable baby I turned to him and said "Wow. I really want one!" and then later that night explained how clucky I was feeling lately. He has always said he wanted kids, so I wasn't worried about being completely shot down, and I made sure it was a discussion about our relative expectations for timelines, which is totally fair and not pressure at all. I mentioned that my implanon was due to come out eight months or so after the wedding (which was still more than a year away at that point), and that that might be a good timeline to work off for trying. I wanted to see how he felt about that and give him something to think about. I think he'd prefer something more like a year after the weddings, but he agreed that when the implanon came out was a good time to at least NTNP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->