The thought of eating a vegetable, makes me want to puke!

Pne1985

Reaction score
Are there any other ladies that are having a extremely hard time getting their daily vegetable intake? I can't seem to do it. Especially more during the day, the evening it's a little easier to eat them. Mostly during the day, the thought of most things doesn't sound appealing to the gut. And if I do go for something, it is usually grains or junk food! I keep telling myself once the first trimester sickness disappears, I'll reunite with the veggies!! :nope:

I was the same way during first trimester...I survived off of toast, cheese, crackers, and oranges. Occasionally, when I felt up to it, I was able to tolerate a homemade smoothie and I would try to throw some spinach or something in there for veggies. Don't worry though. My doctor told me that baby was getting the nutrients he needs and to take my prenatals. She said just eat what you can during first trimester...avoidance of food groups won't hurt the baby.

I'm in third trimester now and back to loving my fruits, veggies, and healthy foods. You'll feel better soon! Just get through these couple of weeks!

I absolutely HATED broccoli in 1st tri and still kind of hate it now, but I used to like it before! I think that's because my very first craving was broccoli & spinach pasta bake, now the thought of it makes me feel bleh!

I like low sodium V8, one little can is a full serving of veggies. Of course its not as good as eating real veggies but I find it refreshing.

I can't either. I'm eating bits of fruit like melon, grapes and cherries because they help with my dry mouth. But I just can't eat veggies. My diet isn't too good at all as all I want to eat is bread, chips and crisps! Xx

I've gone off rooty veg, i think because my brain is secretly thinking they'll take abput 2 weeks to digest! have you tried something lighter like salad? I can stomach that ok and mushrooms

V8 is wonderful! I love it. I sometimes sneak green olives in there too XD
There's also fruit flavored V8 that still gives you a full serving of veggies without tasting like veggies.
Have you tried roasting veggies instead?
I love roasted cauliflower.
Put it on a baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper, and sprinkle with grated parm cheese.
Doesn't even taste like a veggie.
It's so buttery and crispy.
You could also hide your veggies in a pizza.
We love homemade pizza. It really helps my kids eat veggies too. You can put most veggies on a pizza and it will still feel like junk food :)
Another thing I do is an egg scramble.
I like mushrooms and peppers in mine but you could also add onions or tomato. I believe eggs are pregnancy super foods too.

I've been making turkey borritos with guacamoli, lettuce, tomato, salsa, & cheese. Sooo good. Can you tolerate veggies when they're cooked into other dishes like that or spinach lasagna, shakes, scalloped potato casserol (onions, mushrooms, spinach or zucchini, layered in thin sliced potato, whatever meat cubed, and mushroom soup with cheese on top. Shakes are great too in hiding veggies. I actually love hot peppers in my shakes, but I love hot foods and hot peppers are highly anti-inflammatory for bloat. As long as you're taking a good prenatal, iron, and omega oils you don't need to worry too much.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! And it is during the day but I had veggies laying around to make stir fry for supper so I did. I'm like when it turns 4pm, I feel pretty normal but during the day is what gets me. And lettuce is actually one of the ones that sounds horrible to me and I normally try to eat a salad a day. And I was eating spinach in eggs for breakfast but I can't really stomach the thought of eggs either.
Chiochick, we love roasted veggies! More in the winter as it gets too warm to turn the oven on here in the summer. They make you gassy but they are so good. But I don't even want them. I might have to try the fruity V8!
I can stomach meat now also and fruit so I guess ill just do what I can do until this passes.

We've been roasting veggies on the bbq when we grill meat, or shishlabob-style dinners. The weather is stinking hot here but I have to say, I've been craving fruits & veggies anyway, they're so sweet & tasty!

YES! It sucks!

I used to have veggie juice everyday, spinach and green salads often, lots of veggies on my sandwiches, etc.

The thought makes me gag. So I`ve been doing other things like cooking veggie chili, I dunno, cooked isn`t as bad for me. It`s so awful. I gag back my vitamins, ewww.

Even when my body is hungry food often repulses me. So I`ve been doing lots of fruit to try and help. Thank god that is not repulsive.

Fruit is the only thing that sounds eatible right now :/
I haven't been physically sick but so incredibly nauseous all day. Been forcing myself to drink water and eat here and there but I'm absolutely turned off of food. Strange because I was a cow for my other 2 pregnancies. I've never experienced ms.

2have4kids, lucky you!! I feel like I'm going to gain 70 pounds if I keep up this horrible eating! Haha

Adrie and chiochick, that is exactly how I am. I wake up hungry so I have to force myself to eat something because everything sounds repulsive, but the sickness is way worse on a empty tummy!! And I usually drink a ton of water all day but I'm even having a hard time doing that. I get 1 or 2 big glasses down, but it's still not nearly enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"