The 'Three is the Magic Number' Group thread

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
There is quite a few threads for people wttc their first or second babies and I thought it would be good to set one up for us ladies (possibly crazy ladies:haha:) wttc baby number three! :thumbup:

We could discuss our hopes, excitement, nerves and worries about this new adventure and share tips. Hopefully this thread will graduate with us onto ttc, then the pregnancy threads and then the parenting one!:happydance:

To introduce myself, I am Poppy, mum of two boys; Tristan (4) and Brannon (2) and we are hoping to start ttc around August this year. I am 35 years old and am a part time teacher in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Looking forward to meeting other mums wttc baby number three.:hugs:

xxx

Oh I do like this idea! I never get to join in on the chat threads case we don't have a definite trying month or anything, but I think I'll fit in this one! :)

I'm sarah and I have a DD who is 4 and a half and a DS who will be 3 in October. I would start NTNP next month if I had it my way, but DH is not on board yet. Sigh. Lol! I'm 31 and I work in admin part time from home.

Yay! We have two members already!

Like you, I'd probably ttc next month if it was just up to me as well.

Hello :wave:! I'm Stacey and I have been married to DH since 2007. I'm 30 and I have my two precious boy's Gabriel 4 and Jacob 18 months. We are planning to start TTC # 3 in August 2014:happydance:. Some day's I think I'm crazy, but I have always wanted 3 (I am one of 3), and there is this deep down feeling that I can't explain that we just aren't done yet :).

Nice meeting you Poppy and it's nice you fit in here sausages!

Hi ladies! Can I join you?!:) My name is Jen. I'm from Kelowna BC(Canada)...I have 2 kids Noah(almost 4yrs) and my daughter Isla (11 months).
We are going to TTC starting in August just like you Poppy!
I think I may be a little crazy lol...we live in a 2 bdrm house, and we're already low on space...but our hearts are so full of joy with 2 little ones, can't imagine not having another!!

Hey Stacey and Jen! Stacey, I'm like you, one of three and I always thought I'd have three children, to me, this seems a normal family size as it's what I grew up with. My DH is one of two, so he took a bit of convincing to go for another one. He has only really been 100% onboard recently.

I am like, you, I don't feel 'done' yet, I still feel that there is yet to come another member of the family. Some of my friends have two and they feel their family is complete but I don't have that feeling yet, it's so difficult a feeling to explain to someone who doesn't feel that,way - my best mate (and mum of two) thinks I am crazy to go for a third. It's good to come on here and chat to others who feel the same way! Sometimes, especially with two busy boys, I do feel a bit mad that I am going to be adding to the chaos and maybe about changing the dynamic in the family but I do have the deep down feeling that another one will complete my family.

It is just when to start ttc. We are thinking of ttc in August. We want to sell our house and move first but are thinking of possibly push it back to October and go on holiday somewhere abroad in the October holidays. What are your opinions on flying when pregnant? I will be 36 in September and don't want to leave things too late. I do feel blessed to have my two little boys and if we couldn't have another, I suppose I would just have to accept it but I definitely want to try for another wee baby.

Poppy, I think its probably ok to try in Aug and fly in October. I just wouldn't want to fly past 20 weeks or so.

Solstyce - I am confused by your reply?

:hi: may I join you? Ill be ttc from June 2014 with #3. I have 2 under 2 at the moment...Isla who is 20 months and Cohen who is 6 months xxx

Hullo Stacey! I totally 'get' that feeling of not being done yet. i wish i could turn it off most days, but i can't!!

Jen, hiya! I don't think you're crazy at all! My friend has 3 kids in a 2 bedroomed bungalow. It's crazy, but such a fun house and they get on really well in there!!

Poppy, i think the airlines let you fly until quite late, but yeah 20 weeks is probably my personal limit too. I guess you just have to think if the worst happened and you were away from home at what point in your pregnancy would that become a breaking point for you. Sorry - voice of doom here!

Sailorsgirl, hello and welcome! :) How are you enjoying having two under two? There was a 21 month age gap between my first two, so that was a laugh. :haha:

So how are your husbands feeling about trying for a third? Did they take a bit or pursuading, or were they the ones to suggest it?

Mine is still not convinced, but keeps giving me mixed signals. We're using pull out method at the minute and he actually didn't pull out the last couple of times, but the first time he did this cycle i was on CD20, so it's unlikely to have done anything. He asked me if he could 'finish' in me and i said "i think we're safe" and he laughed and said "think?" but then did it anyway. I can't help bloody reading into it!!! He actually asked me the following night (after doing it again) if he'd got me pregnant with doing that and i said no, it was too late in my cycle and explained what day i was on and that was that. He seemed neither happy or sad about it. Just meh. I've decided not to mention it to him and just see what he does next month. I'm hoping!!! :)

Hullo Stacey! I totally 'get' that feeling of not being done yet. i wish i could turn it off most days, but i can't!!

Jen, hiya! I don't think you're crazy at all! My friend has 3 kids in a 2 bedroomed bungalow. It's crazy, but such a fun house and they get on really well in there!!

Poppy, i think the airlines let you fly until quite late, but yeah 20 weeks is probably my personal limit too. I guess you just have to think if the worst happened and you were away from home at what point in your pregnancy would that become a breaking point for you. Sorry - voice of doom here!

Sailorsgirl, hello and welcome! :) How are you enjoying having two under two? There was a 21 month age gap between my first two, so that was a laugh. :haha:

So how are your husbands feeling about trying for a third? Did they take a bit or pursuading, or were they the ones to suggest it?

Mine is still not convinced, but keeps giving me mixed signals. We're using pull out method at the minute and he actually didn't pull out the last couple of times, but the first time he did this cycle i was on CD20, so it's unlikely to have done anything. He asked me if he could 'finish' in me and i said "i think we're safe" and he laughed and said "think?" but then did it anyway. I can't help bloody reading into it!!! He actually asked me the following night (after doing it again) if he'd got me pregnant with doing that and i said no, it was too late in my cycle and explained what day i was on and that was that. He seemed neither happy or sad about it. Just meh. I've decided not to mention it to him and just see what he does next month. I'm hoping!!! :)

I have 14 months between my two and love the age gap, and will have 3 under 4 if I catch on as quickly as I did for my first two lol....crazy maybe? Its lovely having them so close together, my 6 month old is just learning to crawl so my daughter will have a shock soon :haha:

Hubby took some convincing, he is from a family of two children and because we have "one of each" he couldnt see the point in having another :shrug:

Xxx

My DH is definitely on board for a 3rd and at times when I feel like we're crazy for wanting another he always argues his point for having one more!

Sausages, sounds like your DH is more on board than he let's on lol!

Hi ladies! I'm Eleanor (or Ellie), 26 and mummy to two- Ted (almost 23 months) and Violet (6 weeks tomorrow!). I've always thought I'd have 3 (or 4... or 6... lol) but DH is a bit less convinced! He's another from a 2 child family who feels that with one of each we don't "need" a 3rd. But I will work on him, once DD is sleeping better and he forgets how tiring babies can be :haha:. We'll hopefully be NTNP in September-ish 2014.

Hi Ellie!! I hope your DH comes around for you. :)

What's with all these guys from two kid families!

How are you girls today?

I had a busy day taking a school trip to a horse riding stable. I didn't get to go on any of the horses but it was absolutely freezing waiting around the stables. The horses were awesome though and the pupils really enjoyed the lessons (I think they enjoyed less the mucking out the stable though!).

Hi all!

I am also WTT #3! I have two girls (4 and 1) and can't wait to add our third little bundle to the family. We will start TTC in October, so not much longer now! Looking forward to getting to know all of you:):flower:

Hi addy1 :wave:. 2 Girls... are you hoping for blue next?

Welcome addy! :)

Poppy, sounds like you had fun with the horses. They frighten me a bit!!

I'm just getting ready to go on holiday at the weekend. Just for a week to a caravan, but the kids will love it. I'm kind of obsessing about having an oops this month even though I know the chances are incredibly slim. I keep having words with myself but then insist on googling what I already know. I missed the egg, I know we did. Get over it!! Jeez!

How's everyone else? :)

Can I join you ladies? :flower:

I'm Terah, I'm turning 22 tomorrow, and I'm WTT #4. That's close enough to #3, right? :haha: I have a five year old son named Aiden, a 3 1/2 year old daughter named Madalynn (Mady), and an angel baby named Seraphina.

I'm currently single, so I don't have a TTC date yet, but I'm keeping my hopes up that it won't be too far away.

Sausages - I know how you feel about the obsessing. I'm doing the same thing this month. Been having irregular bleeding with my birth control and no real period so I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, I got pregnant. Although the pregnancy test and blood test I had both said I'm not, they could be wrong, right? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->