The Vasectomy Reversal Wives & Girlfriends Club. aka (VR WAGs)

live_in_hope

VR miracle Mummy now TTC 3rd (not VR)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies :wave:

There are quite a few of us on here who are TTC after a VR and it has been great to see that there are more of us on here than we first thought. :happydance:

I have enjoyed sharing experiences and results with lots of the ladies and thought how nice it would be to create a 'Club' for all of us to join and share these experiences and memories with. :hugs:

I have included links to threads from across the forum that you may find of interest and likewise, if you come across anything then please do let me know and I will be sure to add it. :thumbup:

So please come along, introduce yourself and I look forward to hearing from you all at some point and I wish you all the best on your TTC after VR journey!! :hugs:

:dust:

Useful Threads.

This thread shows the length of time it has taken couples to conceive after a Vasectomy Reversal :)
https://www.babyandbump.com/success...rsal-nov-results-87-5-got-bfp-within-1yr.html

This thread shows couples detailed results after their Sperm Analysis (The all important Numbers) :)
https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/451972-vr-sperm-results-us-girls-xxxx.html

This is the link to the website of surgeon Duncan Harriss in which myself and justmarried DH's had their VRs.
https://www.yourvasectomyreversal.co.uk/index.html

This is a link to the Spire Hospital in brentwood, as recommended by mrsessex after her DHs VR. :thumbup:
https://www.spirehealthcare.com/Rod...d-Consultants/Our-Consultants/Mr-Shiv-Bhanot/

This is a link to the Spire Hospital in Worcester, as recommended by MRSRICHRS2K after her DHs VR :thumbup:
https://www.spirehealthcare.com/sou...nd-Consultants/Our-Consultants/Mr-Terry-Chen/

A great thread if you are using a BBT to track your temperatures throughout your cycle, very useful and helpful for beginners!
https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-groups/228332-new-charting-join-other-newbies-here.html

A beautiful video that everybody must see whether TTC or already a parent!! :hugs:
https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/443394-ttc-ladies-must-see-video.html

Members who are TTC after VR
Please feel free to contact any of these ladies with any questions or queries about the VR, the procedure, costs, post-op care and results or if you just want to chat to some friendly people in the same boat... :flower:

live_in_hope VR 8 years after original Vasectomy and :bfp:16 weeks after VR.

mrsessex VR 6 years after original Vasectomy.

MRSRICHRS2K VR 4 years after original Vasectomy and :bfp:9 weeks after VR.

reversal VR 3 years after original Vasectomy and :bfp: 9 months after VR.

wantingno3 VR 11 months after original Vasectomy and :bfp:12 weeks after VR.

leafygreenmum VR 7 years after original Vasectomy and :bfp: 7 weeks after VR.

tallybee VR nearly 10 years after original Vasectomy.

justmarried VR nearly 9 years after original Vasectomy.

seoj VR 12 years after original Vasectomy and :bfp: 16 months after VR.

sawah VR 1 year after original Vasectomy and :bfp: 9 weeks after VR. :pink: 20/7/11 :pink:

SeeJay VR 18 months after original Vasectomy and :bfp: 2 and a half years after VR.

wannabepreggo VR 14 years after original Vasectomy.

justonexxx VR 2 years after original Vasectomy.

ababytogether VR 4 years after original Vasectomy.

chellxx VR 7 years after original Vasectomy and :bfp: 6 months after VR.

x melanie x VR 10 months after original Vasectomy and :bfp: 15 months after VR.

honeybunny31 VR 5 years after original vasectomy and :bfp: 4 months after VR.

littlelou6 VR 6 years after original vasectomy.

bondgirl1981VR ?? after original vasectomy and :bfp: just over 1 year after VR.

chattyB VR 11 years after original vasectomy.

nicoley VR 10 years after original vasectomy.

cjones82 VR 8 years after original vasectomy.

ChrissiK VR 6 years after original vasectomy and :bfp: 5 months after VR!

HappyBunnyAB VR 7 years after original vasectomy

:wohoo: :wohoo:CONGRATULATIONS TO :wohoo: :wohoo:
ChrissiK
on her :bfp:
5 months after VR
A huge congratulations to you from all the VR WaGs!! :flower:
VR- Feb 11. :bfp: 11/7/11

honeybunny31
4 months after VR
VR Feb 2011 :bfp: 24/6/11

wantingno3
12 weeks after VR
VR- 9/3/11. :bfp: 4/6/11

Bondgirl1981
just over 1 year after VR
VR '09/10 :bfp: 25/4/11

x melanie x
15 months after VR
VR- Nov 2009. :bfp: 23/2/11

seoj
on her :bfp: just
16 months after VR
VR Oct '09 :bfp: 21/2/11

:pink: It's a girl! :pink:

Meeeeeeee! (live_in_hope)
16 weeks and 5 days after VR!
Yay for me!! :dance: :flower:
VR- 13th Sept 2010. :bfp: 8/1/11

:pink: It's a GIRL!! :pink:

MRSRICHRS2K
9 WEEKS and 6 DAYS after VR
VR 29/10/10 :bfp: 30/12/10

:blue: It's a BOY!! :blue:

seejay
2 and a half years after VR and recently IUI
VR- May 2008. IUI-Dec 2010 :bfp: 15/12/10

reversal
Nearly 9 months after VR
VR 17/3/10 :bfp: 8/12/10

sawah
9 weeks after VR
VR 14/09/10 :bfp: 24/11/10

leafygreenmum
7 weeks after VR
and we thank you for filling us VR WAGs with hope :thumbup:
Have a very happy and healthy 9 months :flower:
VR 27/09/10 :bfp: 16/11/10

chellxx
6 months after VR
Congratulations to you and you DH, all the best for a happy and healthy 9 months! :flower:
VR April '10 :bfp: Oct '10

My name is V and I am 26, my DH is 44.
DH had his Vasectomy reversed in Sept this year after 8yrs (just before we got together) :dohh: lol
He has 4 children from his first marriage and we can't wait to have our own baby :yellow:

We had our Reversal done at the BMI Park Hospital in Nottingham by Duncan Harriss and were were really pleased with the staff and care that he received on the day.

We are due to have our SA in December. Fingers crossed :dust: to us all!!

Hello :wave:

I'm a working Mum of 2 boys married to my lovely hubby for 8 years and together nearly 12 eek!

Im 34 and hubby is 37

Thought we'd completed our family 6 years ago :dohh:

Had the VR in aug at Spire in Essex and just now awaiting a pregnancy!

Had our first SA in Oct and a meeting with our surgeon this coming Wednesday to discuss the 'findings' :haha:

Look forward to hearing of other wives & partners

Been so lovely to link up with others in the same boat :kiss:

:flower:
Xxxx

hi i'm kelly im 29 my dh is paul he's 36. We have two boys 9 and 7 thought our family was complete so dh had a vasectomy 3 years ago but had second thoughts in january 2010. Dh had reversal on 17th of march 2010 I was pregnant in june 2010, mmc in august :cry: so back ttc. Dh had his vr at spire washington tyne and wear.

Hi girls!

I'm 31. OH is 44 and we had reversal done at spire Leicester last November 2010. He has 2 grown up daughters but we would love to have one together. I have no kids and get broodier by the day! Had his sa march this year and results were really positive which surprised the surgeon as original v was 16 years ago, and we had only been given a 20% chance of being success. Still no luck for us yet in getting a bfp so if still nothing by xmas gonna go doctors and have tests done on me.

It's lovely knowing there are others in similar situation and hope we all get a bfp before crimbo !

X x

My name is Sarah and I am 28, my DH is 37.
DH had his Vasectomy reversed on Oct 22nd 2010 after 4yrs ....6mths before we met:dohh:
I have 2 children from my previous partner, my son is 7 yrs old and my daughter 5 yrs old.
He has 3 children from his first marriage , So this will be our 1st together :hugs:
We had our Reversal done at The Spire southbank hospital in Worcester, by Mr Chen:thumbup: he gave us a 79% chance pregnancy so FX :dust:
We have our (well DH) SA in December. :happydance:

Hi! :hi: My name is leafy, I am 31 & my OH is 44. We both have two kids by previous partners, but are desperate to have a :baby: together. He had his vasectomy about 7 yrs ago, and had it reversed at the Nuffield in Exeter 6 weeks ago.
His :spermy: results came at the weekend, 72 million - which is an excellent result, so fingers crossed for that :bfp:!
It's good to know others who are in the same boat, sending lots of babydust to all you ladies, good luck!!!
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

hi....im cottontail....my oh had a reversal on 1st april of this year and we been tryin since. he'd had it done 3 years and has a daughter with his ex. hopin soon we'll have our own baby together. after the op the surgeon said there was live sperm in his tubes and things r lookin good as he's still young etc....

good luck to us all xxxx

Hi Ladies
I'm 38 (39 on Saturday!) and hubby is 33, we have 1 child together. I have had two children with a previous partner (my first baby emily was born sleeping). So we have a 7 and a 10 year old with us and are trying to make another! Hubby had reversal in May 09 (e years after vasectomy) but I was finishing my masters degree so we only started trying Nov 09, had a chemical the first month and nothing since. his sperm test was good post reversal but as we've not conceived he's having it re-done tommorrow. My bloods were okay- ish but my progesterone was a bit low so I'm taking soys isoflavones for the first month and hoping for a :bfp:
I'm 11dpo and have lots of symptoms but hpt was :bfn:so we'll see.
Good luck lets hope we all get :bfp:soon

Hi ladies :) it is good to have a place for us, thanks live_in_hope for creating this. Unfortunately most people don't understand how it is for us ttc after VR so it's lovely to be part of this group :)

I have posted bits of our story elsewhere but for anyone who's not seen my other posts on the subject, here's a summary.

I am 28, OH is 39. We both have 2 kids from previous relationships; he had the V done after his youngest was born - nearly 10 years ago. We would love dearly to have a child together.

OH had VR done in May this year at BMI Ross Hall in Glasgow. He was sent off with his pot and told to make a sample in it after 12 weeks and send it in. We then had a letter saying sperm were present thus the op was technically successful. Nothing else. That was the extent of the follow up!

We've been trying since he was well enough after the op with no success. I rang the surgeon who did the VR as we really want more detailed analysis, and he turned round and said they don't do that at Ross Hall and just try for 6-9 months and then consider assisted conception! He gave me the number for a private place that does it for £110 :wacko:

I'm currently trying to get OH to see our GP for a referral to get a proper SA done, as for me it's a limbo not knowing if we even have a chance.

My cycles had been regular since having the implant taken out in February. Then a couple of cycles ago I had a stupidly short cycle - AF 10 days early on a 26 day cycle. I've started taking agnus castus to help regulate; taking up until I think I've ovulated then stopping till next CD1.

Here's hoping for our :bfp:s really soon.

Hi Tallybee
My hubby is having a 2nd sperm test today via his GP for free, as we've been trying for a year. The GP agreed to do CD3 + CD21 bloods for me and a sperm test for hubby so I would visit your GP and beg if you don't get :bfp:
I'm 12dpo and had a :bfn:today trying to keep my chin up but a year of ttc is taking it's toll. My other babies were made so quickly! Oh well once AF comes I'll feel more positive again.
Here's hoping we all get :bfp:soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi ladies :) it is good to have a place for us, thanks live_in_hope for creating this. Unfortunately most people don't understand how it is for us ttc after VR so it's lovely to be part of this group :)

Hey :wave: I'm glad you liked this, I thought the same too about having somewhere central for us all to come, I'm sure we could even have our own section within the forum as TTC after VR certainly can be just as challenging as any other fertilty problem.

Well thank you for popping in and I've added your name to the front page, so anybody with any VR questions can find the names and PM us, I wish I had this before DH had his VR, it would have been great!! :thumbup:

Anyway, good luck and :dust: to you xxx

Hi Tallybee
My hubby is having a 2nd sperm test today via his GP for free, as we've been trying for a year. The GP agreed to do CD3 + CD21 bloods for me and a sperm test for hubby so I would visit your GP and beg if you don't get :bfp:
I'm 12dpo and had a :bfn:today trying to keep my chin up but a year of ttc is taking it's toll. My other babies were made so quickly! Oh well once AF comes I'll feel more positive again.
Here's hoping we all get :bfp:soon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey sukisam, how did you get on with the SA on Tues? Did you test again or did the :witch: come :growlmad:? fingers crossed you reply with good news!!! xx

:wave: hey ladies, just to let you know, that I've added you all to the front page, so new people can see a list of people who are TTC after a VR, so people know who to ask questions to if they want to xxx

:hi: thought id come and join you all in here
Im Sarah 26 DF is 30... Erm he had his original vasectomy Sept 09 whilst we we're expecting our third little boy as we we're happy & our family felt complete! Then only two months prior to his op our beautiful little boy was born sleeping :cry:
From that point on the op felt like that biggest mistake of our lives :(
I have wrote my results in the results thread
~Sorry for the long post :hugs:

:hi: thought id come and join you all in here
Im Sarah 26 DF is 30... Erm he had his original vasectomy Sept 09 whilst we we're expecting our third little boy as we we're happy & our family felt complete! Then only two months prior to his op our beautiful little boy was born sleeping :cry:
From that point on the op felt like that biggest mistake of our lives :(
I have wrote my results in the results thread
~Sorry for the long post :hugs:

Thanks for joining us over here too! Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry :nope: I really hope you get your BFP really soon, I shall keep everything crossed for you....your results were really good so I can imagine it wont be long for you both xxx :hugs:

:hi: and welcome to the VR wives club Sarah xx:hugs:

Ladies i was Just wondering as there are a few of us now are any of us cycle buddies too?

I am currently on CD5 of 26 day cycle :thumbup:

:thumbup:

I'm CD10 of 31 day cycle, and could ov anywhere between next Fri (19th) and the following Thurs (25th) (hopefully it'll be the earlier date) so we could be on the same day :shrug: depending on what my cycle decides to do this month!! lol xx

hi "v" not spoke in a while hope your doing ok.:hi: add me to the list please
im 30 hubby 45 you no the story with the vr we had it done after nearly 9 years, you no where and who. thanks hun.x.x..x

im on cd15 today been getting pos opks for the last 2:happydance: days not sure whats going on there as i dont usually ov until cd18/19.:dohh: iv not had a temp shift yet but ff didnt tell me last month until i was 3dpo! so we will see what happens there. usually i have around a 30 day cycle so my lp is 11 days.

we got married in july and cant wait until we get our :bfp:. i no its going to happen one day i can feel it.:thumbup:

thanks hun take care and speak soon.x.x.x.x.x

hi "v" not spoke in a while hope your doing ok.:hi: add me to the list please
im 30 hubby 45 you no the story with the vr we had it done after nearly 9 years, you no where and who. thanks hun.x.x..x

im on cd15 today been getting pos opks for the last 2:happydance: days not sure whats going on there as i dont usually ov until cd18/19.:dohh: iv not had a temp shift yet but ff didnt tell me last month until i was 3dpo! so we will see what happens there. usually i have around a 30 day cycle so my lp is 11 days.

we got married in july and cant wait until we get our :bfp:. i no its going to happen one day i can feel it.:thumbup:

thanks hun take care and speak soon.x.x.x.x.x

lol, I've just txd you! weird!!
yay for your + OPKs!!! thats good news, hope you pair are 'busy'!! :winkwink::winkwink:

FF wont tell you that you've ovulated until your 3DPO as they can only detect in once your temps have risen 3times if you know what I mean, and then your CM and your OPKs will back it up. I'm hoping I'll ov from sometime close to next weekend, but we'll see xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->