The very speedy delivery of Lucy!

sadiescooby

Reaction score
Well, I've finally had my baby, 4 days overdue but well worth the wait. 0cms to baby in an hour and a half.

Anyway I'd been having twinges for the last 3 weeks and all throughout the day they were becoming stronger but paracetamol got rid so I'm thinking Braxton Hicks so thought nothing more. I was just going to bed and noticed a tonne of blood and a clot! Now I'd been losing my plug for 3 weeks and had already had some minor spotting so I was very concerned to say the least. I called hospital and they told me to come straight in.

They monitored me for half an hour, baby was OK and I was not contracting. Then the doc turned up and did a thorough internal with a speculum (Mmm that was lovely) and they couldn't see where the bleeding was coming from so decided to keep me in for observation and await blood test results. I was not having any contractions and my cervix was completely closed. What a bummer eh! So I waved my OH off and got ready for bed. It was around 11pm now.

Just as I'd got settled and into my nice new pyjama's - Whooosh my waters break! So I get cleaned up and back into bed excited, scared and hoping I can get some sleep, it's now around 11.30. 15 minutes later I'm like, oh yes it's starting and take a few paracetamol thinking, yep probably more Braxton Hicks and try to rest. At midnight I'm starting to think these may be real and wander off to the day room as laying down is not comfy anymore and I'm leaking tonnes too! MW came to check on me and timed some contractions - they're like lasting for 30 seconds but coming every 2 minutes. After about half an hour I'm feeling a bit uncomfy and said I want an epidural so she suggests a bath and then she'll check me over - if I'm 4cms gone I can have one. After 10 minutes in the bath I'm growling my head off with each contraction, still every 2 minutes and only lasting 30 secs. I'm thinking OMG I need my hubby and my epidural cos I can't cope with this for the next few hours. The bath's just next door to the MW station and I'm thinking I bet they're all laughing at me, cos I've only been having contractions for about half an hour, but who cares!

So I get out and find the Midwife has moved my things into a delivery room. She's also phoned my hubby and explained that I'm uncomfortable and he's on his way in. It's about 20 to 30 minutes journey so I hope he's not gonna mess about - I need him right now!

Anyway, when she examines me (Just 2 hours before I was 0cms dilated and not contracting) I'm 8 yes 8cms!!! Oh my god I don't believe it! I'm like "Erm do you wanna ask someone to check??" And she's like "I hope your husband gets here soon?" So five minutes later I'm like "I need to push, pass my phone!!!" So I rang my OH who's only just left home. "Bloody hurry up, this baby's coming NOW, when you get here RUN". So he's foot down at 90MPH and I'm panting on the Gas and Air not pushing and just letting my body do what it must. I'm soooo trying to hang on for him! What feels like an hour later but was really only 20 minutes he comes flying through the door and I'm on all fours with my crowning arse in the air to greet him! Thank god for that I can get on with it!! 2 minutes later she's born.

No stitches or tears and just a bit of gas and air at the end, what a perfect delivery!! I'm still in shock as my first was 17 hours and my 2nd was 10 hours. I can't really believe this was all over and done with in just over an hour.

Lucy Schofield was born at 1.46am on 13th April weighing 6lb 13oz. And she's gorgeous!

I'm looking forward to receiving my speeding tickets!!

Attachments

• Puppies 051.JPG
    Puppies 051.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Puppies 070.jpg
    Puppies 070.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 37
congrats what a quick delivery cant wait to see a picture x

fantastic birth story hun! Well done you for holding on!!! hehe xxx

Aww hon you made me giggle and cry at the same time. Congrats. Being my first I can't wish for a delivery like that but I hope it comes somewhere close. All the best for you and the little one. x

Aww congratulations hun! She was a quick on wasnt she. I am glad your OH was able to make it there just in time and you did all that on just gas and air! Good job!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"