The wait is agonising!

Cookie1979

Reaction score
Honestly i do not know how I got through the First Trimester when I was pregnant with my son, especially as I'd had an early miscarriage before falling pregnant with him. I'm only 4 weeks and I'm just petrified something will go wrong. Took pretty much 2 years to conceive this one, which is why I'm so on edge...I had pretty much convinced myself it would never happen naturally.

How do you ladies cope with the First Tri?? I wanted to get an early scan, but hubby says no, we should be patient and wait. I only found out I was pregnant on Friday, already feel like I've been waiting ages.

First Tri is definitely the worst!

Although have to add that Im so so happy to be here, couldn't believe it when I saw a second line on my pregnancy test, just thought it was never gong to happen for us again. Really am happy, scared but happy.

My hubby wants to start decorating the house and plans to get the pushchair out at the weekend and make sure it still works...bless him, he is excited.

x

I feel your pain! We had a missed miscarriage in December and got an unexpected BFP yesterday. I have PCOS so I'm just so scared something will go wrong. We just need to keep positive, positive thinking genuinely helps!

edit: Just realised you have PCOS and we're a day apart. Buddies? :)

Yes definitely! I'm sorry about your mmc, its hard. Was it early on? Mine (although many many years ago) was at about 5 and a half weeks so was very early, feel like I'll relax abit more when I'm at 6 weeks.

Just so happy that we are finally our chance to have baby number 2, we haven't told our son and won't til after the scan, but he talks about having a baby and says it will be my baby but he'll look after it. I think the reality of a baby brother or sister won't be exactly as he imagines, I think he'll soon be fed up. There will be just over a 5 year gap.

I see you have a little boy too, are you hoping for a girl? I am, but after so long trying I just want a healthy baby, boy or girl I don't mind.

x

I understand how you're feeling. It becomes even more precious when it takes so long to get your BFP.
It took two years to get mine last August. At five weeks, I miscarried. It was utterly devastating. We kept trying and I was so upset when the due date for that pregnancy was coming up and I hadn't had a BFP. A friend had also gotten a BFP at the same time I had and she was just weeks away from delivery. I was so depressed.
But surprise, I got my BFP that month and I'm 11 weeks now!
I've worried about the baby every minute of every day despite having had two ultrasounds with a healthy heartbeat. I'm going today for another scan plus a blood test to see if baby has any chromosomal disorders. I'm still nervous that something will be wrong or of a MMC. I'm still scared to announce it to others because I might jinx it or something.

I'm doing everything I can to keep the pregnancy and the rest is up to the baby. So just do your best and know that some things are out of your hands. I know it doesn't help a whole lot but it is what it is.

I sincerely hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months. :hugs:

At this stage I'm just hoping for a baby! We had no idea anything was wrong with last pg until our 12 week scan when there was no baby, I'd had a blighted ovum.

My sis and I were pregnant at the same time and she has just had her little girl, feel like this bean has been sent to ease the heartache a little.

Hoping they all stick :)

Babybubbles - oh that must have been hard to get to that point and find that out. Will you be having an early scan this time? After my miscarriage before my son, I thought when I was pregnant with my son that I'd get a early scan to make sure all was ok, but I didn't, had to just hope all was ok. I didn't know what a blighted ovum was so googled it, apparently doesn't usually happen more than once.

Peanutt - Having one mc does make you think you will have another and of course you are petrified but I remember after I had my scan after my mc and saw a nurse to discuss things, she said that that first time your body isn't quite ready and doesn't know what to do, but the second time it knows exactly what to do. Might sound silly, but it was true for me, I got pregnant 4/5 months later and everything went smoothly, no problems at all.

It's normal to worry, but no amount of worrying or fretting is going to change anything, so better to relax and think positive. Everything will be ok!!! If I say it enough hopefully I'll chill out abit.

My friend was so worried about the first trimester that despite missing her period twice, she still didn't test, she totally buried her head in the sand and was 10 weeks when she finally took a test. She had been complaining of feeling sick, I told her to take a test and low and behold she was pregnant. She got a right telling off from the Midwife. On a positive note she had less than 3 weeks between finding out and having her scan...but it had to be rushed through. Part of me wishes I'd done the same but no way would I bury my head in the sand like that. I think I started testing from 8 dpo.

When did you get your bfp? I tested at 12 dpo on a Superdrug test which is 10 mlu and got a BFN, so I thought that's it I'm out. At 14 dpo I found a cheapie test strip in my drawer so decided to try it and got a pink line, I've had alot of evaps from those but never had a pink line and it was really visible, so went out and bought a first response test and low and behold it was positive!!! Was shocked!

x

Babybubbles - oh that must have been hard to get to that point and find that out. Will you be having an early scan this time? After my miscarriage before my son, I thought when I was pregnant with my son that I'd get a early scan to make sure all was ok, but I didn't, had to just hope all was ok. I didn't know what a blighted ovum was so googled it, apparently doesn't usually happen more than once.

Peanutt - Having one mc does make you think you will have another and of course you are petrified but I remember after I had my scan after my mc and saw a nurse to discuss things, she said that that first time your body isn't quite ready and doesn't know what to do, but the second time it knows exactly what to do. Might sound silly, but it was true for me, I got pregnant 4/5 months later and everything went smoothly, no problems at all.

It's normal to worry, but no amount of worrying or fretting is going to change anything, so better to relax and think positive. Everything will be ok!!! If I say it enough hopefully I'll chill out abit.

My friend was so worried about the first trimester that despite missing her period twice, she still didn't test, she totally buried her head in the sand and was 10 weeks when she finally took a test. She had been complaining of feeling sick, I told her to take a test and low and behold she was pregnant. She got a right telling off from the Midwife. On a positive note she had less than 3 weeks between finding out and having her scan...but it had to be rushed through. Part of me wishes I'd done the same but no way would I bury my head in the sand like that. I think I started testing from 8 dpo.

When did you get your bfp? I tested at 12 dpo on a Superdrug test which is 10 mlu and got a BFN, so I thought that's it I'm out. At 14 dpo I found a cheapie test strip in my drawer so decided to try it and got a pink line, I've had alot of evaps from those but never had a pink line and it was really visible, so went out and bought a first response test and low and behold it was positive!!! Was shocked!

x

After my MC, the doctor said statistically I'm much more likely to carry to term the next pregnancy.
Also, on that follow up appointment after my MC, a nurse came in and said the doctor was going to be late because he had to go do a delivery. I got so mad at the universe at that point, lol!

Since you found out earlier than your friend, you know he/she is there and you'll be able to care for them the best possible.

I got my BFP at 14 DPO. After so many BFNs, I couldn't stomach testing before a missed period. You know how it is to get heart broken month after month. Getting AF wasn't as painful as a BFN for some reason.
I used a wondfo test and got a faint line. I rushed to the store and got a clear blue digi and got a positive with 2-3 weeks! A few days later, my hcg was in the 600's and more than doubled in the next 48 hours. My progesterone was borderline so they started me on supplements. My doctor checks progesterone on everyone and I'm glad for that otherwise it might have been another MC.

How are you feeling?

Apparently I just need to go into the surgery and collect a pregnancy pack, I worry about progesterone, but I've never had any reason to think I have a progesterone problem...I think I worry about most things lol. Wish I could get some checks to make sure all is ok, but due to no history of problems and my last pregnancy being fine I think I'll be left to get on with it.

Yes I totally agree, getting your period is much easier than seeing BFN after BFN, I was using IC's and I had to stop, I thought I'd thrown them all away but found one...couldn't resist testing. I wasn't actually going to test til yesterday I wanted my period to be late, but I couldnt stop myself from testing and I once I saw that pink line I had to go out and get a decent test. So great seeing the look on my hubbys face when he got in and I showed him the test. He was supposed to be ringing the doctors about his Semen Analysis results as had a letter through, so was worrying about that, so was a double surprise. Not that deep down we thought there was anything wrong as his results from his previous one had come back normal.

I have a cold and a nasty cough at the moment...I've even worried that a cough could cause a miscarriage...I do wonder about my sanity sometimes!!! lol I'll feel much better once this damn cough has gone, its hurting my throat and my ribs are hurting from it.

x

Here's what is getting me through all the worry of first tri - I pass this piece of advice out like candy on this forum!

Every single day, take a couple minutes of time (I liked to do it in the morning shower) and close your eyes and put your hands on your tummy and repeat to yourself "Today, I am pregnant." and focus on today, and being pregnant now. Right now, you are pregnant. If something is going to happen in the future, then that's going to happen and it's out of your hands. But right now, you are pregnant. Focus on that every single day.

Thank you prettybirdy you are so right. I'm so happy to be pregnant, I'm going to focus on now rather than my fear.

I'll definitely be doing as you suggest xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->