The worst acid reflux / heartburn ever

Skye1

Reaction score
OMG, I suffered heartburn in my last pregnancy but nothing like this..

All day monday I had acid running up my throat and into my mouth, I was vomiting none stop, didn't eat a thing all day. I went to bed at night early thinking I can't be sick any more and as soon as I lay down the bile was coming up my throat, I was so sick, I tried sleeping sat up, but then the heartburn set in, OMG the pain was terrible, all across my chest and radiating into my back, it lasted for hours through the night. I am dead on my feet now with a LO to look after.

I've tried gaviscon, tums, milks..

Anyone else get it this bad ??

oh my word, Skye, u have it bad. Get yourself to the docs and get some Zantac. It's great stuff. Stops your tummy producing soo much acid. Then along with gaviscon, it should help. I've had really bad heartburn, indigestion and reflux since almost day one and it's got worse as the pregnancy has progressed. It hasn't made me actually vomit though - just feel nauseous, cause me pretty bad upper tummy pain and make me wake up with a mouth ful of bile on a few occassions. I hope u get some relief. The Zantac normally takes a few days of taking it regularly to take maximum effect.

I've had it quite bad this time, mostly during the night but i've found if i don't eat a few hours before i go to bed and take 2 rennies an hour before bed it doesn't seem as painful. Glad I've only 3 weeks left as it's the heartburn that's annoying. x

I end up sipping water all day to push the acid back down. I literally constantly have the bottle to my mouth. Water doesn't help with the heartburn but it helps push the acid back down all day for a few moments before I need another sip.

God, that sounds horrendous!

I thought I had it bad! Had it my last pregnancy too, alhtough this time it kicked in almost as soon as I found out and since about 20 weeks has been non-stop. But just so so uncomfortable, not making me sick.

I wake up in the middle of the night, just burning from the acid. After heartburn remedies I have to suck a throat sweet as my throat is so sore from the acid. Not so yummy at 3am.

I am mostly alternating Rennies chalky things and some other fruit flavoured (tesco brand) indigestion things. They mostly work but you are only supposed to take a few a day and I would rather about 3 times that. In between refreshers and love hearts help (something in the sweets does the job!). Can't stomach the pink medicine and doesn't seem to do anything.

Apparently apple cider vinegar is a miracle cure for some people but I couldn't stomach it either, and I thought it made it worse for me.

Hi, I have it pretty bad too. I have the feeling that acid is coming up into my mouth most of the time, but especially at night. I've vomited loads of times with it. Also I get a horrible metallic/salty taste in my mouth. I've been chewing Rennie Deflatines by the box load and they seem to keep it at bay for a bit. it is disrupting my sleep and really getting me down at the moment. It was no where near as bad last time. Hope we all find some relief soon!!

I would go to your GP, I used to get it really bad so was put on a tablet called ranitidine its amazing take it twice a day and never get it at all now :)

I felt like that and it turned out it was Gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining) not just heartburn. Been taking Zantac twice a day and haven't had a problem since!
If you're desperate you can buy it OTC while you wait to see the doc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->