There isn't a chance is there?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive #1' started by Achelois, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Achelois

Achelois Mum to a beautiful boy!

Ok this is month one so probably over excited and reading far too much into it but my AF is due today. No sign of her (thank god!) but I'm regular as clockwork normally. Every 29 days without fail. Had coil removed only a week and one day ago and thought I'd missed my window for this month as I presumed I'd already o'd. in my heart I think it's just coil (copper so no hormones) removal playing with cycle but I just wondered what you all think. Thoughts appreciated ladies xxxx

2. Hena

Hena Well-Known Member

Hi! I don't know anything about the coil, but if you have only been BDing without any bc for a week and AF is due today, it's very unlikely you hit O. That was be a very short luteal phase. Most women ovulate (roughly) 2 weeks before their expected period.
    Every woman is different though, so there's no sense losing hope before the ugly witch lands. Good luck!!!

3. Achelois

I think you are right but still no AF, a light spotting on day one and nothing else.... wondering if I am just getting myself worked up and thats why nothing has happened - but very unusual for me to be late!
    A x

4. RaspberryB

RaspberryB Well-Known Member

My first thought was that you could have ovulated as normal (as you still ovulate with a copper coil in), the egg could have fertilized and implanted once you'd had the coil out.

But I read this (from net doctor)

How do IUDs work?

They sit in your womb and prevent you from getting pregnant. They do this in three main ways:

* they prevent your partner's sperm from getting through your womb and into your tubes
    * they alter the secretions (mucus) in your cervix, creating a further barrier for sperm
    * they affect your womb lining – making it less likely to 'accept' an egg.

So that makes it seem less likely, sorry :hugs:.

5. Achelois

Thanks for the advice - just wish AF would come properly so I can get on with planning my next cycle! x

6. Achelois

UPDATE - BFN - wanted to relax and get on with my cycle (not disappointed as wouldnt have expected that so soon!) See you all on this cycle xx

7. Hena

Hena Well-Known Member

Sorry Achelois, BFNs aren't fun even when you expect them. I'll see you in the June thread and hope you get your BFP really soon!!!!
    Baby dust!!!

:dust:

8. Achelois

You too hunni xxx & thanks again for all your support. Much appreciated xxxxx