There was just a bat flying around my house!!!

channy3232

Reaction score
Dear God I don't think I've ever been so scared. I was lying here in bed, awake. It was about 230am. My husband works part time at a tavern. I had just texted him and asked when he's be home. He said 5 minutes. Thank GOD
There had been a little bug flying around the house. I saw something out of the corner of my eye. I thought it was the bug really close to my face then my depth perception kicked in and I realized it was farther away and bigger!!!! It took me a second to realize it was a bat flapping across our bedroom!! I screamed and threw the covers over my head and frantically texted my husband telling him to hurry up!! I could hear it in the room hitting the walls and stuff. He finally came home and found it in the kitchen, took a bed sheet, held it up and slowly walked towards it and grabbed it. It was squeaking and squirming. He threw the whole sheet onto our back porch. I didn't come out from under the blanket until I knew it was gone. Omg I was freaking out. I know they're harmless but I hate them. And I've never been so close to one and it was in my house!!! We sleep on the first floor. I made my husband check upstairs and shut the doors up there so if they were making their way in through there, they can't come out. Omg my heart is still racing. I'm glad I was awake at least. I can't imagine if I had woken up after OH left for work to find it clinging to the kitchen wall. I would have grabbed Rocco and left and made OH come home from work to get it.

WOW Id have had my camera out on zoom lol.

I love to see little bats flying about outside my Mum and Dads house when I go home. My friend once got one stuck in her hair when we were 15 and we went to feed the horses and muck out at dusk!

Are you out of your mind???? Lol My husband went to our back porch and pulled off the sheet to take a picture but it flew away. I hope it stays away too!!
Now I'm googling, which is bad. It's saying if you release the bat and it can't be tested for rabies, anyone who could have come in contact needs to get rabies shots! Apparently they will bite if threatened and their teeth are so tiny, you often can't tell you've been bitten. I can't see that it would have been able to get into Rocco's room because we have his door shut most of the way and the bat was pretty disoriented. I don't think it could have gotten in there easily. Plus then it would have had to have gotten out and found it's way to our room.

i would of cried i dont know what i would of done!! x

omg, I too would have cried my eyes out! :blush:
I seriously would have had a heart attack. You poor thing x

My heart was racing! Every time I heard it in the room, I let out a scream. It was awful. Absolutely awful

Now I'm paranoid. Every little noise I hear, I think there's a bat flying out of somewhere. I've been checking the AC vents all day thinking they might be coming in from there.

i freak seeing a little flying bug never mind a bat!

Oh my god!!! That's made my skin crawl. That must have been horrendous

I think bats are adorable but I still would have shat myself :rofl: The thought of it landing on me *shudder*

I think bats are adorable but I still would have shat myself :rofl: The thought of it landing on me *shudder*

My sister said that too and insisted she wouldn't have been scared. She's like "I would have been startled, but I think bats are cool" I was like yeah right, you would have been a flailing idiot. Lol She's a spaz

i would of cried my eyes out :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"