There's a dance party in my womb. Is she ok?

October2013

Mommy to a baby girl
Reaction score
Holy cannoli, I cannot believe just a day ago I was posting about decreased fetal movement... My baby is going CRAZY tonight. I mean I'm loving it and all, but I literally can't lie still because of how much she's moving! I keep tossing and turning and switching sides because no matter how I lie she won't sit still. And this has been going on, non stop for over two straight hours. It feels like she's swimming laps around my entire lower abdomen, and it's actually getting a little painful.. Like a lot of pressure in my belly and butt when I roll over. Maybe even a Braxton Hick or two.. At one point I rolled onto my back and felt a strong pain in my belly and butt, it about took my breath away. Yikes, girl. :shock: Slow your roll!

Does anyone know if THIS much constant movement can indicate an issue with her, or possibly even me?

Afternoon, I love this post xxx
I have tried all morning to log on but due to a phone upgrade and technology I can't work my phone to well.
I wanted to post on your bad day wall and add that by dog (2 years old) she has started chewing and I think it's my hormones that she is sensing. I went downstairs this am and she had chewed up my pumps I was so angry with her grrrrr.
Then my assistant never turned up so that pushed me over the edge. Ha Ha pregnancy hormones don't you just love them xx

She's probably just partying in there. I think I read somewhere that they get a bit more active now? Especially if you've had something sweet/cold etc. I don't want to frighten you either, but just be aware that sudden *dramatic* increase can be down to foetal distress. I'm sure it's nothing, I seem to recall my DD doing something similar at about the same time! You know how much is normal, and a little extra wriggling doesn't mean anything is wrong x

I swear our babies are linked lol. Thats what baby love did too after he went M.I.A. for a few days. He had managed to push on my back so bad one night I had to get on all fours and lean on my elbows to try to get him to move. I haven't quite felt the rolls yet but I know today he's been super active with his kicks. We should be feeling them more often now too.

When I was pregnant with my son, I swore there were some days I thought he was trying to escape. Some times they are just really active, especially if you have been on your feet a lot that day. Walking around a lot is soothing and rocks them to sleep in a way. So if she had been snoozing all day, she was probably very refreshed and energetic!
Try getting up and walking around. It can help lull them back to sleep. :)

As far as fetal distress, as far as I have been told, you have to watch out for jerky, panicky type movements. It's a frightening thought, but I think your little one was just being spunky. :)

As far as fetal distress, as far as I have been told, you have to watch out for jerky, panicky type movements. It's a frightening thought, but I think your little one was just being spunky. :)

How can you tell the difference between a kick and a jerky, panicky movement? I have an AP so I can hardly feel him roll around yet.. I feel some pretty strong kicks from time to time..

How can you tell the difference between a kick and a jerky, panicky movement? I have an AP so I can hardly feel him roll around yet.. I feel some pretty strong kicks from time to time..

I don't know really... I have never felt them before. :shrug: After a while you get to know your baby's movements. I would say anything that feels alarming after you are familiar with your baby would be a red flag, though. And I don't think jerky panicky movements would go on for two + hours.
I just know there were times DH would say he could feel DS shaking the bed from his movements! And there were days I would be exhausted cuz he moved all. day. long.
With this pregnancy it's still too early for me to tell a pattern or anything since I've only been feeling real movement for about a week and a half, and it goes day to day still.

According to Livestrong.com:

Frantic movements
While the lack of fetal movement could indicate a problem, the sudden increase of fetal movements should be a cause for concern as well. As the pregnancy progresses, the baby's movements will slow down a little as she runs out of room. If you are in the third trimester and the baby starts moving around in a frantic state, it could be a sign of fetal distress. It is better to be safe than sorry, so any dramatic increase in fetal movement warrants a call to the doctor.

Read more: Pregnancy Tips Regarding the Movement of the Baby | eHow https://www.ehow.com/way_5150121_pregnancy-tips-regarding-movement-baby.html#ixzz2W1SF3ybj

It looks like third trimester is when you start to be concerned since they start running out of room.

Honestly I couldn't find much... a lot of women were saying they had "panicky" fetal movement and went to the doctor and everything was fine. Seems really subjective...

I have a very active baby. Night before last he was moving constantly from about half 1 in the morning until about 7pm the following night. I didn't think it was an issue, but now you've got me wondering. Hmmm, will ask the midwife tomorrow

Thanks, girls! She's finally settled down now. I ended up falling asleep around 6am and woke up when my bf was leaving for work at 10:30am and she was STILL going lol! I even had a dream where I was lying on my back and talking to someone, and I said, "Look, you can see her kicking!" Sure enough when I woke up, she was kicking in the exact same spot lol.

I am a little concerned about the fetal distress so I'm going to bust out my Doppler in a few, just to be sure.

EDIT:
Pretty sure I was able to get a normal hb on my Doppler. Unless it was the sounds of the umbilical cord or placenta, but regardless, something in there is beating between 125-135.

Afternoon, I love this post xxx
I have tried all morning to log on but due to a phone upgrade and technology I can't work my phone to well.
I wanted to post on your bad day wall and add that by dog (2 years old) she has started chewing and I think it's my hormones that she is sensing. I went downstairs this am and she had chewed up my pumps I was so angry with her grrrrr.
Then my assistant never turned up so that pushed me over the edge. Ha Ha pregnancy hormones don't you just love them xx

Ohhhh no! The bad dog virus must be going around! I hope today has been better for you.
:hugs:

Midwife said active baby is good. Obv we're all different but she didn't seem concerned about mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->