They really do take up all your time!

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by keelykat, Oct 26, 2008.

1. keelykat

keelykat Guest

Why is it that when i think Elliot's fast asleep, and I go to clean the bathroom or something....he wakes up and i end up sitting back down to feed him, change him, play with him, rock him etc?!

I can easily come on here for a few minutes, tapping his bouncer with my foot lol or him asleep in my arms (trying to type one handed!)..but when i really do need to leave the room to do something else he then decides to do a poo or something daft lol :rofl:

How's everyone else managing with housework?! To be honest i haven't done a lot, my main jobs i make sure i do daily are cleaning his bottles and making fresh ones up, wash up dishes etc, put washing in machine (usually loads of bibs and vests etc!) and clean my teeth/get dressed! (haha-first few days i didnt get chance to even clean my teeth! yuk!) Anything else will have to wait i guess, ie hoovering up and dusting! must go and get my bathrom cleaned up though!

The joys of being a mom! (i love it really! good excuse not to do housework!!)

keely.

2. Ema

Ema Mummy :) xxx

My house is a MESS!! And im normally VERY house proud, used to even clean the skirting boards on a daily basis :rofl: Now my normally cream living room carpet looks black with sock fluff but i have no time to hoover......oh well maybe in a few months time :rofl:!! XxX

3. thelilbump

thelilbump ♥ mummy to a princess ♥

It's a nightmare isn't it? I've still not written my birth story yet just simply don't have that amount of time to spare. Writing short messges like this is bad enough. As for housework, that went out the window! Glad i had my nesting period before birth!

4. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

It is funny isn't it! Even having time to eat is limited - I joke that Tristan has a web cam plugged into the kitchen - he always seems to know when I am about to eat! He then decides at that point to have a cry and needs to be picked up and fed again.

5. Ema

Yes eating is a nightmare!! Me and OH take it in turns to eat first :rofl: as he ALWAYS wakes when were eating. Nearly all my meals are cold by the time i get to them. Cheeky lil thing :) XxX

6. thelilbump

i found you get used to cold brews aswell!! It's like they have a sixth sense :lol:

7. Ema

Yes cold coffee :sick: YUM!! but its the only way i get me caffiene kick so gotta be drunk! XX

8. Laura1984

Laura1984 Ruby's Mummy

DITTO!!! :rofl:

9. nikky0907

nikky0907 Well-Known Member

:lol:

My friends often joked before that I'm an android cause I don't eat much,nor sleep much,I don't even go to the bathroom much!

So that kinda goes to my benefit,I manage to come on here while I pop her on her mat,and do some cleaning every night.

But yeah..she takes up a TON of time,especially as she isn't that big on sleeping,much more on playing. :)

10. thelilbump

Lol! whats worse cold coffee or microwave re heated coffee?? I can't decide :rofl:

11. bluebell

bluebell Proud Mummy :)

Jay is the same, he seems to wake up just as I'm about to eat. My DH has to cut my food into bitesize pieces so I can eat one handed and feed him at the same time :rofl:

I'm really lucky as my DH is self employed and based at home so he's been taking care of all the cleaning and cooking, otherwise the house would be a complete tip and I'd be starving :rofl:

Most days I'm now managing to have a shower and get dressed and downstairs :shock: but the first few days I was lucky if I made it to the lounge by 8pm :rofl:

xx

12. keelykat

keelykat Guest

so glad not to be alone, lol.... i also have to drink cold tea often!

13. hsollis

hsollis Well-Known Member

Housework???????? Ya, right! Aside from having the same thing with Kayleigh - every time I get a moment she wakes up for the next feed or fussiness or diaper change - I had a c-section and I'm not even allowed to do housework for 6 weeks.

Now, okay not that bad as I hate housework but it seems like I can't even load the dishwasher for 2 minutes :)

Luckily, we can get some done in the evening if Daddy entertains the LO for a bit.... We also take turns eating, just so I can get some food in me.... :)

But I definitely understand the feeling of where did the day go and I don't think I've done anything....

14. BlackBerry25

BlackBerry25 Helena & Elliot <3

I know! I have to remind myself to pee, lol.

15. my1stbump

my1stbump Well-Known Member

Deacon is the same, they definatly have a six sence as soon as I sit down to have a brew or something to eat he starts pulling his face and whinging... Bless him. So used to cold tea and coffee although I dont mind them anyway.

He is a good sleeper during the day, doesnt really need our attention once he has been fed burped and changed... so get on with housework and washing then... well when I can be bothered sometimes I just wanna do naff all & sit down xx

16. emma_27

emma_27 Well-Known Member

Ellie is the same she knows when im about to eat dinner i said to the health visitor she seems to know when my dinner is done and she said they have a really strong sense of smell at this age not sure how true this is but it seems fairly true. Ellie isnt really that hot on sleep either just awake and feeding seems to be her thing. As for the house work thats gone out the window if i do actually get Ellie to sleep im cooking dinner or playing with Benn. I hate being in my pjs all day though it makes me feel really down and i find it hard sometimes to even get myself dressed and get my face on before shes up wanting feeding or changing. I forgot how much hard work it is but so worth it :)

17. Teri

Teri 1st Time Mum to DS

Its weird how ive never been behind on the laundry but iam now, i seem to get the bottles and the washing up done whilst he sleeps in the morning....
    u gotta love surface wipes tooo they r so easy to clean the sides, cooker, bathroom the lot and just throw it away lol....
    xxx

18. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

:rofl: It hasn't gotten any better three months on, although meals are a little more manageable now

19. aj2000

aj2000 Well-Known Member

I'm getting good at doing everything onr handed - I'm typing this with one hand! No cleaning though that's impossible.