they've started again..... :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by mrs_rj, Dec 14, 2009.

1. mrs_rj

mrs_rj Well-Known Member

i felt a bit off last night before bed - hard to describe it but i'm sure you all know what i mean! I also had a few little tightnenings but really nothing to worry about. But today they seem to be getting stronger again and quite close together. I have also had a lot of extra discharge today, althought no sign of a plug or waters - shall i just take some painkillers and see how things go?

For those of you who don't know i was in hospital last sat - tues with regular tightenings / contractions although when i left cervix was still high and closed.

xxx

2. emalou90

emalou90 Well-Known Member

Yea, i advise, 2 paracetamol and a sit down for a while.

if they don't go by this evening, give your midwife a call? xxxx :hugs:

3. mrs_rj

mrs_rj Well-Known Member

thanks hun, i will do that - this is driving me crazy! I just want to reach 37 weeks then she can come as soon as she pleases, i'm so ready for her now!!!! my poor little body is under so much strain lol xxx

4. emalou90

aww i know :( :hugs: only a few weeks now.
    though if she comes early, she's done pretty well already!
    hope she stays cooking xxx

5. mrs_rj

mrs_rj Well-Known Member

yeah i guess - we had the steroid injections last week when we were in so i wouldn't be too concerned. just wish she would make up her mind if she wants to come out or not! They are really taking my breath away but seen as i haven't even lost my plug yet I can't see her coming any time soon so will just sit tight! xxx

6. emalou90

yeah i'd be more worried if you hadn't had the steroid injections, but you have so it's all okay. the worst thing is to get yourself all in a tiz and worry loads, that will just make everything loads worse (my mum always says not to worry, it makes everything worse)
    are you still getting them now :hugs: xx

7. mrs_rj

mrs_rj Well-Known Member

yeah i'm still getting them every 4 or 5 minutes, quite strong but not painful as such, i'm just breathing through them. Baby is still moving around so she must be ok in there - will def keep an eye on them. thing is i had my MW appt on fri and even thought she was head down she was still free and not engaged so i really can't imagine these will progress any further, unless she engaged over the weekend lol xxx

8. emalou90

well it's good she's enjoying it ;) little bugger hehe.
    good she wasn't already engaged but yea you never know.. my advice hun is if you do get concerned or feel as if they are getting too much, give MW a ring to put your mind at rest (and mine now! getting me all worried for you ;) hehe) could just be those annoying Braxton Hicks?
    i got them all night the last time me and OH had :sex:
    definatly put me off that!! haha
    take it easy this evening and get the hubby to make you dinner xxx

9. Sam9kids

Sam9kids Guest

I just wanted to say that my baby number 6 was born at 35 weeks and he hadnt had steroids. He came out the same day! Good luck xx

10. mrs_rj

mrs_rj Well-Known Member

thank you sam9kids - thats really reassuring to hear xxx

and thanks emma - will keep you updated on how things go! Have been getting tightenings all night and this morning still but they aren't getting unbearable or anything, just there if you know what i mean?! I do feel a bit unwell though - really didn't want tea last night so just had some toast and tummy is unsettled this morning. Do you think this could be an early start on things or just warming up?!!! I really don't want to go to hospital again and i just can't imagine she will be firing out any minute and still not lost any plug or waters or anything! xxx

and know what you mean about attempting loving - me and DH haven't DTD in weeks as it's just so uncomfortable and with my bump performing as it is i really want to avoid putting it under any more strain!!! xxx

11. BBonBoard

BBonBoard Proud Mommy of 2 girls

hope your little one stays put just a few weeks longer. good luck.

12. mrs_rj

mrs_rj Well-Known Member

thank you - she seems a bit indecisive at the moment. i keep telling her it is too cold for her to come out yet but she's pondering whether she wants to see christmas or not! x

13. emalou90

Also thanks to sam9kids! That's so helpful :flower:

Oh dear :( bet it's getting annoying now, but it's good they're not really getting worse or more painful. I bet you didn't want to eat because of all your muscles tightening.. but im glad you had some toast :thumbup:

To be honest though i was up last night feeling really hot and like i was going to throw up, my tummy was gurgling like crazy! (dont know whats going on there)

Haha i think she'll take her time if she does start coming along... and i understand not wanting to go into hospital, especially this close to christmas, i'd hate to run the risk they might keep you in! :dohh: xxx

14. mrs_rj

mrs_rj Well-Known Member

ooh i've had moments like that where my tummy goes really gurgly and i feel all hot - i cant wait for this rollercoaster to be done i tell ya!

And thats what i thought too, i really dont want to have to be kept in so close to christmas. i know that if things get any worse i will have to but at the moment she is moving around ok (just had a bout of hiccups!) and i can cope with it all ok so will sit tight and see what happens. God if i have another 5 weeks of this it will drive me crazy!!!

hope you're feeling better this morning emmalou xxx

15. aussiemum

aussiemum Mother of 4 boys

i can relate to you both. I am unsure what to do. Sometimes they come on so strong and regular that it hurts to sit, walk or do anything. Not sure do I go to hospital or not? I had my last baby at 35+2 and had had injections for lungs, but not this time. They made me feel stupid last time so am a bit scared to go in too early if it is nothing. My body has had enough and I am not sure how much more I can take. As long as I can do the xmas shopping tomorrow without a hitch I will be a very happy lady, a bit scared I will go and have no pressies for kids.

16. mrs_rj

mrs_rj Well-Known Member

aww bless ya hun - horrible isn't it? if they really are that strong and coming regularly i would at least go in and get checked - they may just pop you on a monitor to see if bubs is coping ok with the tightenings and check your cervix which they did with me to see if it softening or open at all. I had to stay in as i had the steroid injections which had to be 24 hours apart but ended up there 3 nights altogether as they weren't happy to let me go until things had calmed down.

it certainly kicked me into gear to get everything ready for christmas and baby though when i got home! pressies all wrapped and bag all packed ready to go now! xxx

17. emalou90

hey hun sorry you're going through the 'not knowing what to do' phase like us!
    i'd say ring your midwife and ask her what the best thing is to do bareing in mind you had your first baby early.
    If you do go Xmas shopping, take it easy ;) no need for rushing! Be one of those people who drive me mad, walk REALLY slowly haha, hope you're feeling better soon xxx