thickened lining

Mila12

Reaction score
Hello everybody, first time posting here. Just wondering if anyone could help with this question. I am 3 dpo and had a vaginal scan today to test my fertility. The doctor said things looked fine apart from poor ovarian reserve, but then said that she couldn't see everything because my lining was quite thick for that time of the month, and added that it could be an indication of pregnancy. Now I've been googling frantically trying to find if this is true but no luck. I am definitely no more than 4 dpo as my cycles are very regular and had a positive opk on Sunday 4 days ago (but think I ovulated Monday)

Any ideas??
TIA

I don't think anyone can answer this, I think the only thing you can do is test in a few days and see what happens. A thick lining is a good sign though.
Are you on anything, oestrogen or progesterone perhaps? These both play a part in how thick your lining is so if you're using supplements then this could by why it's thicker than usual

Nope, not on anything. Feeling a bit scared I've been given false hope...my boobs are starting to swell today and that is what always happens this time of the month, so feel out...oh well

I might be completely wrong here, but as far as I know lining should be thick in the lp. Did you Dr. say what was the lining thickness?

Yes,it should be thick, although I think it gets thicker the closer you get to your period. During the scan she thought I said that I was 3 days away from my period, and said "oh I see" as if that explained things, and when I corrected her that I was 3 dpo she said "oh" as if that were more unexpected. Then she asked me again for the date of my last period. She didn't tell me the measurement and I just don't understand how it could be thicker from a fertilised egg that wouldn't have even implanted yet!

After the scan was finished she told me that it was thicker than normal, and said it was interesting that I was ttc as that could be a sign of pregnancy. I had the scan at an Ivf clinic as I'll probably be going for that next month.

The only other reason I recently learned of is sometimes your lining can keep thickening and result in a decidual cast. I only know this as I had a partial cast last cycle at 9dpo, it was spotting with this weird red blob come out with what looked like a tail on it and it looked a little veiny in places almost. I didn't know what it was until my doctor saw my photos and told me. They're unusual though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->